“A refreshing change and excellent staff!”
Review of Hendon Hall Hotel

Hendon Hall Hotel
Ranked #481 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was down in London for 3 days last week and stayed 2 nights. What a fantastic refreshing change from the Premier Inns and Holiday Inns that I normally get booked into! A fantastic building with an interesting history, and wonderful staff who will look after your every need. Friendly and welcoming. The food in the bar was lovely (rib eye steak and bacon omelette) and they pull a cracking pint of Guinness!

It's a bit of a walk to Hendon Central tube station (about 25 minutes at a reasonable pace) - OK if the weather's nice - but then just a 20 minute ride down the Northern Line to central locations.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
MMoffatt, General Manager at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review, I was very pleased to read that you found the staff to be friendly and welcoming. I am glad you enjoyed the food in the bar and a pint of Guinness, a lovely way to spend the evening. I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

After visiting in the Summer last year my husband and I said that we would come back and do the things in London that we didnt get time to do, but we would bring our Daughter and see the Lion King. We looked around for Hotels in Central London, which we could have more than certainly got much cheaper but were unable to park. We chose the Hendon again. On arrival we were shown straight to our room even though check in should have been after 2pm and not at 11am when we arrived. The room only had the double bed in....within 5 minutes of being there housekeeping came to set the 3rd bed up for our daughter. Gorgeous rooms, massive beds, pristine bed linen. We stayed two days and breakfast on both occasions was fantastic. We had a very tiring, very expensive stay in London, the Lion King was fabulous, but the hotel was just perfect. Oh, and the digital facade has now gone revealing a truly beautiful frontage. Thanks HH..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your recent review and am pleased that you are a regular guest here at the hotel. The location of the hotel is extremely good and I am glad you found getting in and out of central London easy, although tiring and expensive. The Lion King continues to be one of the best shows in the city and from personal experience a great spectacle. Breakfast is certainly a great meal and I am delighted that you enjoyed yours, a great way to start the day.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We have been a great admirer of the Hand Picked change of Hotels and have stayed at a few of them. We decided to book into the Hendon Hall Hotel on the outskirts of London. The hotel was as expected with the quality of the Hand Picked stamp and the professionalism of the staff throughout our stay. The rooms were spacious and very clean and clearly looked after. We had a drink in the bar and were served by some very attentive staff. Breakfast was excellent and certainly plenty to eat. The only downside for us was that it did not have the same mansion grounds, and walks, that most hand picked hotels have, but that is understandable due to the location. This did not spoil what was a lovely nights stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruskinboy

Thank you for your recent review, I was so pleased to read your comments about the professionalism of the staff, I have passed this on to the team. Breakfast is certainly a great meal and I am delighted that you enjoyed yours, a great way to start the day.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

In terms of location this is a easy to find hotel just off the A1 as you come in from the North. It's close to Hendon Central tube so easy to get into Central London from here. The hotel itself is of a decent enough standard and prices are OK for what you get. The rooms are clean and relatively spacious, although the bathroom was a bit small. Lots of free parking and quiet at night so a decent night's sleep can be had, although some of the internal floors in the bedrooms can be a bit creaky. The food is very good and the cooked breakfast very tasty and plentiful. I would definitely stay here again in future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review, I was very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay here at the hotel. The location of the hotel is great and I agree that the large free car park really does help. I am pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast a great way to start the day.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A hotel with a great history. Staff were very friendly and helpful... renovations to exterior were in process during my visit but did not detract much from my stay. Great value...excellent breakfast.

Rooms were well appointed with own fridge

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank aitch s

Thank you for your recent review, I was very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay here at the hotel. The building work at the front of the hotel has now finished and the Portico has been restored to its former glory.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Spent 3 nights here and enjoyed a comfortable room (slightly spoiled by peeling paint in the bathroom) in a venue that needs work.....drab dining room and the bar is a equally dull....

Dinner/lunch is disappointing.....but breakfasts are excellent.

The staff are truly outstanding and all are friendly and very good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul V

Thank you for review, I was sorry to read that you found some of the areas drab, we have an ongoing maintenance programme for all the public areas and bedrooms. The bathroom ceiling has been decorated.
It was pleasing to read your positive comments about the attitude of all the staff and the quality of breakfast.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Currently undergoing work on its exterior, this did not affect our weekend stay. Room was very comfortable, but a little stuffy in air quality, and no noise from A1 nearby. Staff extremely helpful. Breakfast was good, with feature slab of Dorset honey straight from the hive. Sunday breakfast they were busy, resulting in 40 mins wait for cooked breakfast but this did not affect our enjoyment. Location is ideal for north side of London and access to M1.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mongoose57
MMoffatt, General Manager at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review, it is pleasing to read such positive comments, I have passed them on to the team. It is so important that breakfast is of good quality and the honey certainly is. The scaffolding at the front of the building is coming down this week, and the front will certainly look much improved. I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards