“Very good old traditional hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hendon Hall Hotel

Hendon Hall Hotel
Ranked #412 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Very good old traditional hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I liked this old hotel and with old hotels you need to see though the odd tired looking interior.

This hotel has good sized rooms and a great breakfast/ restaurant area

I would recommend for a business trip, it is conveniently located near the M1 if you want to get away quickly

1 Thank Gerlocky
MMoffatt, General Manager at Hendon Hall Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the hotel, I was extremely pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and found the rooms to be of a good size and had an enjoyable breakfast.

I agree the location is brilliant and easy access to the M1. I do hope I can welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Matthew Moffatt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
Cork
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is my 3rd time staying at this hotel and it seems standards are dropping.
Television not working properly, printer broken, ran out of face cloths so none in room,room not cleaned one day until 3.30pm. Staff don't seem to know what they are doing. Fan in bathroom on constantly and what seems to be a smell of sewerage in the bathroom.Bar area needs doing up, made more cosy and more becoming for a 4 star hotel.
Breakfast is still very good, evening meals well prepared with nice flavours, could add more choice of vegetables to menu. Drinks are expensive.
I would rate the hotel 3 1/2 star

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank margretteresa
Thank you for your review of the hotel during your recent stay. I am extremely sorry to read that you encountered a number of maintenance and housekeeping issues. We have a procedure in place that if something is not working it is reported immediately and the room should not be let until it has been rectified. Also we check all our rooms prior to being let by the Housekeeping team it would appear that on this occasion clearly it did not happen, for that I am extremely sorry.

We have purchased new chairs recently for the bar area trying to create a more relaxed atmosphere, with the food and beverage manager I will review the layout of the bar.

I do hope that I can welcome you back to the hotel and would ask that you contact me directly on your next visit as it would give me a great opportunity to meet with you personally and apologise.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I spent five lovely days at Hendon Hall for a weding in a suburb of London. The staff were all attentive and friendly. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. Kitchen staff attentive to special requests. Outside of the bustle of the city but the shuttle driver was eager to drive anyone to the tube. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Lori S
Thank you very much for your recent review and I was delighted to read that you had five relaxing days here at the hotel. It is pleasing to read that you found the staff attentive and friendly, I have passed this on to the team here at the hotel and of course our shuttle driver.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at his hotel last sat 8th Dec for a friends wedding. Had a really pleasant stay until when I was just about to check out the duty manager came over to where six or seven of my friends were staying , and asked in a headmistress type voice does anybody know of mr and mrs Adams in the wedding party, to which I quickly replied yes I'm really sorry that's me. I was berated by this awful women as I had not given back keys or paid for my room. She then went on a mad rant about accounts needing to be settled the room needing to be cleaned and that she had been more than lenient in letting us vacate our room extremley late. I could not believe the unprofessional manner in which this woman barked at me, rather than make any scene in front of my friends and make them feel uncomfortable in anyway as they clearly already did. I just politely agreed and followed her to reception. This has put a massive dampner not only for me but a number of my friends.
other friends of mine shall be writing there own individual comments on here but I certainly would not recommend when this particular female manager is on duty.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny A
Thank you for your honest review of your recent experience here at the hotel, please accept my apologies that is certainly not how we speak to our customers.

I have spoken to all the front desk staff about the manner in which we approach guests and I feel confident that this was an isolated incident.

I am sure that this has left a poor impression of the hotel and would ask that the next time you plan to visit or stay at Hendon Hall Hotel you contact me directly as I would like to meet and ensure you have a relaxing and enjoyable experience.

My sincere apologies and I hope to hear from you shortly.

Warwickshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Perfect location as I was working in Hendon for a day. Arrived late Sunday night & found that my reservation hadn't come through - staff were more than helpful and booked me in with no issues. Nice double room - DVD player (unusual), good TV channel choice, very comfy bed (good quality cotton sheets), free wifi etc. Liked all the info on the hotel and parent company philosophy and thought the facilities in the room were great. Breakfast in the morning was excellent - freshly squeezed orange juice (rather than the ubquitous concentrate) is as rare as rare can get and the service was first class. £99? I have paid far more and got far less for it - well worth it and I will certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Me & my partner stayed for 1 night at Hendon Hall Hotel. We can honestly say that we had a fabulous stay. The staff were very friendly & Inviting, polite & very helpfull. We had booked an executive room (310) & it was fantastic. Clean, tidy & spacious. We ordered room service as we were late on arrival , the service was efficient & staff were excellent , the meal we ordered , we found value for money ! We could not fault anything , the breakfast was also delicious & plenty of it !! All in all we had a very comfortable & enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review of the hotel, I was delighted to read your comments which I have shared with the team here at the hotel. It is always pleasing to read that you found all the staff to be friendly.

I am glad that you found breakfast enjoyable, we do have a great selection and it is the best possible start to the day.

I do hope I can welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Excellent service, free parking, very good food, free wifi, nice quiet area. Like decor and 'stately home' feel. Recommend. Bit of a walk to local tube - approx 1 mile - but not a problem. Will definitely stay there again. Good value by London prices.

1 Thank Man_with_a_Suitcase
Thank you for your recent review of the hotel, I was delighted to read your review which I have shared with the team here at the hotel.

I agree a bit of a walk to the tube station, howeverit does ensure that the hotel is quiet and with the large free car park a great location. I do hope I can welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.