“Will keep going back!”
Review of Hazlitt's

Hazlitt's
Ranked #213 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went here for the first part of my honeymoon. We chose this hotel because A) Anthony Bourdain and JK Rowling stay there and B) we wanted to go someplace that looked like England. Not the Holiday Inn in England.
I was not disappointed - from the location (which is right in the heart of the theatre district), to the exterior (which made me feel like I was in a period movie), to the room and interior decor, it was perfect!
The service was amazing, very personable. They knew our names by the second day (we were there for 5 nights). Stayed in the Madam Kennedy room, and loved the quirkiness of it. If you like brand new fixtures and straight lines this is not the hotel for you. If you love history, and charm and individuality, this is your place. Highly, Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I liked the place, great location plus I prefer old-fashioned hotels with atmosphere. The deal was good, too. The only two minor drawbacks were lack of shower (I love bathtub but with no curtains, showering in the bath is not perfect) and thin ceilings (especially with a very young couple in the room above me...). But I would come again, I really liked it!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Visited Hazlitt's mid-October for a birthday treat and stayed in the Duke of Monmouth suite. We arrived early (about 1.30pm), hoping to drop off our bags in our room before we headed off for the day but unfortunately the room wasn't ready. The staff were more than helpful to look after our bags, and offer us a place to change and freshen up. After a long day out and about in London we couldn't wait to get in the room and catch 40 winks, so luckily the night porter gave us a quick tour of the suite and left us to it. The room itself was lovely, and definitely lives up to the pictures. Having read a few reviews beforehand I was skeptical about the noise but we were placed on the top floor at the back of the hotel so not a peep was heard! The bed itself was incredibly comfy (if not a bit high - you have to literally jump in), and the linen was top notch. As we were only there for one night we didn't get much use out of the roof terrace or the living room but both were generously sized and of a high standard. The bathroom is on the top floor of the suite and very clean, with more than enough towels/shower gel/shampoo etc. Our favorite part of the room was of course the amazing in-bedroom bath with the phoenix taps and Ren bath oil. In the morning we were awoken to freshly made bacon sandwiches, porridge, orange juice and hot chocolate. The breakfast set us up perfectly for the day to come, and I would recommend a stay at Hazlitt's to anyone looking to treat their someone special.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

An impressive hotel, well situated in the heart of Soho. It has great charm and is a great place to relax in a busy city. Service was excellent and housekeeping immaculate. Full of antique furniture and, as you would expect from a hotel associated with so many writers, lots of books to browse.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here at the weekend. The hotel is full of character down to the sloping floors and 4 poster bed. It is located right in the centre of things and although there was some noise from the road, we only noticed this because we like having the window wide open for fresh air. We had a room on the top floor (Joel Johnson) so it is a bit of a climb up there if you need to nip back for something! As I said we had a 4-poster bed which was comfortable with lovely bed linens. The bathroom was also in keeping with the era - roll-top bath with telephone shower head only. There was no shower which for us was a disappointment.
Service was friendly and efficient. there is no restaurant in the hotel, so breakfast needs to be ordered for room delivery. We didn't do this on the first night so I rang down in the morning for tea and juice which was promptly delivered. We did order on the second evening with amendments to the listed items which were all delivered as requested. There is also an honesty bar downstairs for drinks, although we did not use this.
Overall the hotel is full of character, conveniently located & comfortable although for us lacked a few essential elements.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Came here for our honeymoon, a long weekend in London (couldn't leave little ones for any longer). Fantastic building in superb location, bang in the middle of Soho. Despite warnings of the noise if you get a front facing room this was never going to be a problem for us as we were on the top floor. Quite the trek up the stairs that was. The room itself was nice although the bathroom wasn't the greatest. Having stayed at their sister hotel, the Rookery, I did feel the room wasn't as nice, particularly the bathroom, which was quite small, and much more expensive. Don't get me wrong it was still very nice and the hotel was just what we wanted, somewhere that felt special and not feel like you are in any hotel anywhere. Staff were pleasant, polite and friendly and as ever the honesty bar is a nice touch. The bed was quite nice but a bit softer than we like. All in all we had a lovely stay and the location was excellent for so much of what we did. But I do prefer the Rookery.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank r0binballantine
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world and this is the best. It's different, quiet and a home. It's three Georgian houses (1718) converted into one hotel in Soho. It's crammed with antiques and personality - it is British through and through. So if you want a taste of London as it was and how it is this is the perfect place. We stayed in the two floor Duke of Month suite complete with a roof terrace which has a retractable roof. The bath has a 3 foot eagle as a tap and a portcullis as an overflow. I needed a ladder to climb into bed and the loo was like a throne. The mini bar had bottles of champagne and I sat in a deep plush sofa and played chess with my husband. Despite being in Soho not a sound could be heard. There are a number of rooms downstairs for lounging in - I felt at home. Don't bother with bland bother with this.

Room Tip: Couldn't fault the Duke of Monmouth.