“Worst place I have ever stayed.”
Review of Gresham Hotel

and 1 more site!
Gresham Hotel
Ranked #989 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had booked three nights in this hotel, stayed one and forfeit the rest of our cash - we left first thing the next morning and moved into another hotel. Room was TINY - barely room to stand up beside the bed, which could barely be called a double. There was a shelf attached to the wall above the bed, so had to be careful when sitting up. Springs were poking through the mattress, we got up the next morning covered in scratches. Refused to give any money back as we had not given 24 hours notice, but there was no way we were staying another night in that place.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sooterkin

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I wouldn't wish a homeless person to stay in this disgusting excuse for a hotel, you may be tempted to stay here as you think it's cheap but believe me if it was free it wouldn't be worth it, they couldn't pay me to stay here again! It stinks, the rooms are filthy, the beds are about 100 years old and so uncomfortable , stains everywhere, hasn't been decorated since 1902 (or cleaned) seriously, pay the extra and stay at a travel lodge the amount of money you will need to pay for soap to wash off the dirt from this place isn't worth it!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Gossipgirl84
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Booked this hotel as it was one of the cheapest I could find for December and in a decent location. I didnt expect luxury, just a private bathroom and a comfy bed. However, the glass was so thin that traffic kept me up all night. When the people above us turned on their water it sounded like the ceiling was going to fall through. But most upsetting of all was that after itching all night, I got up to find I was covered in red, sore itchy bites. They looked so bad it took me 2 trips to the doctor before she decided they were bites. 4 weeks later and it still hasnt cleared. Do not go here!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank LJ-Ainger
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Excellent location (right next to British Museum and Oxford Street)
Some staff are friendly others are less.
Room decoration is extremely dated (like from the 60s).

One to avoid unless you are used to backpack and stay in very basic hotels in third world countries.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Lai Kit T
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Only needed a room for the night as a stop over so we could shop and then go to Winter Wonderland. Room was very basic but high standard of cleanliness, bed clean and also the bathroom. If you are just looking for a place to rest your head and have a shower then its great for the price. Also staff very friendly could not fault it.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room with double glazing.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank didcotoxon
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The only positive aspect is the pretty central location, it is otherwise absolutely not worth of any consideration. The pictures showed on the websites are misleading: the rooms are dated, cold, humid and really poorly furnished. No breakfast, internet connection, hair-drier, etc are included. It is even more dirty than the average low-cost british hotels. The only advice I can give to other travellers is: AVOID IT!

Room Tip: My room was in the basement (nr 8)...avoid it if you can it is terribly cold and humid!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GLT84
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I didn't read reviews on here before we booked this hotel, and then when I did look at them I wondered what an earth I'd done!
OK the room we had was very shabby but it was clean and the bed was comfy. We had a en-suite which was small but not the smallest I've seen.
The staff were disinterested but not rude, though we only saw the reception staff at check-in and check-out as our room was in the annexe a couple of doors down the road. We were supposed to leave our key in reception when we went out, but we didn't.
We booked it as it was the cheapest central -ish en-suite room we could find at the time of booking.
The location is excellent Just round the corner from the British Museum, and an easy walk from theatreland..
No kettle in the room which we missed.
Little noise given the location.
We probably won't stay there again, but if you just want a clean bed in a good location for a not too rip off for London price - it's OK.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple