Durrants Hotel
$279
$231
Pullman
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
$160
$131
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$96
$75
$157
$125
$459
$444
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmarylebone high streetwallace collectionmanchester squareold english charmmarylebone areaenglish hoteltraditional hotelno tea coffee making facilitiescharming hotelbond streetwest endonly stayed one nightthird floorsingle roomlondon hotelfull englishsmall hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed at Durrants Hotel July 22-25 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was wonderfully helpful, friendly and attentive. The moment our cab would pull up, someone from the hotel was at the door to open it (and we used a cab pretty often!)....the concierge was more than helpful, and looked for ways he could help. The room was a bit small, but I think that's the case for lots of London (and/or European hotels), but otherwise I simply have nothing but praise for this sweet atmosphere hotel in the center of a large city!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Checked into the hotel in the morning left to spend the day out
Upon my return in the evening I was greeted with a "can I help you" although it seemed more like what are you doing here
I replied very nicely no
To my horror when I got into the lift one of the hotel staff put his foot in the door to prevent me going to my room I had to ask for the general manager to get out of the lift
To say he was useless is really an understatement
Not even an apology
Decided to go out again and when I reached the lobby I asked the porter if he were the one who put his foot in the lift he replied that not only was it his foot it was his whole body
Upon informing the general manager he didn't seem to upset by his staff's rudeness
In fact he told me I was a security risk really at 110 pounds 5 foot 4 with a massive Dior shopping bag at least 3 foot says more about their lack of intelligence than security
The cleaners didn't bother to change the sheets I had to ask
Overall a terrible experience hotel is old and shabby staff rude and lazy

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Beaniebob
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is a small boutique style hotel within walking distance of the tube. Our room was small but nicely appointed with a comfortable bed. The dining room is lovely in an old fashioned way and we enjoyed an excellent hot breakfast. All in all, very nice "old world charm"; I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kerriemarg
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions, always on business, but it would be lovely for a weekend break as well. This is an individual hotel with lots of character and an old fashioned charm.

The staff are very helpful, the rooms are always very clean and spacious enough - a lot of them seem to have had a re-vamp recently and the bathrooms are spotless with good towels and toiletries that I will actually use (I'm quite fussy!)

When something is this good, why not keep going back?

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank BrightonSparky
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've stayed here a few times before and enjoyed the atmosphere while finding the room a bit of a disappointment. This time we had a nice room at the back with good aircon and an opening window. Very quiet and a good night's sleep. Great location.

This is an old fashioned hotel in a nice way. No tea and coffee in the room but efficient room service, breakfast from a menu rather than a buffet and ample courteous staff. At a discounted secret deal rate, what's not to like?

Room Tip: Definitely ask for one at the back
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple