“Very friendly, helpful staff - Exceptionally clean and comfortable room”

The Chelsea Harbour Hotel
Ranked #183 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We stayed at the hotel on the occasion of our wedding and I cannot fault the hospitality of the staff or the cleanliness and comfort of our room. Neither the wedding or reception took place at the hotel but the kindness and attention to detail that the hotel offered us during our stay added to the success of our special day.

Way beyond the call of duty was the incident when one of our guests called us to say that he had left his railcard in our room. When asking at reception the quickest route to the train station, a member of staff kindly offered to 'run' the railcard round to the station and reunited railcard with guest and avoid a lot of inconvenience and extra expense for him.

There are plenty of options to reach the hotel the underground at Fulham Broadway the overground train at Imperal Wharf and taxi - we used them all!

I would also like to mention the florist at Chelsea Harbour (just at the end of the drive). Again excellent service, even offering to deliver the flowers to the hotel reception for us.

We booked what we hoped would be a special hotel for our special occasion and we were not let down in any way. I would like to think we will be able to return again to celebrate our anniversary!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed May 27, 2010

Don't get me wrong, this hotel is very nice and the rooms are amazing for thier price (I paid £149 as i stayed over 3 nights) as they are really big and everything is very good quality.

The staff are cool but more 3 or 4 star in thier attitude, also there are some annoying small things.
WiFi is £25 in your room - a lot when it is meant to be 5 star
No Gym - OK but at least have a shuttle to the local gym and provide passes, Paying £10 for a gym 5 minutes away in a taxi - as i was advised, is not really that good
Location - pretty far from the Tube routes - best bet is earls court and then it is £6 in a taxi

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Loved this hotel...5 star...great location....nice staff...incredible view of the River....views of St. Paul's, Big Ben, London Eye, P.O. Tower...two bridges....close to the OVERground and a ferry....border of a dodgy part of London so stay close to hotel....but quiet in the midst of the chaos of London - paid for the upgrade for a 'room with a view' well worth it...make sure you request the no smoking floor....I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 18, 2010

I travel to London often on business. This time, I put in a search for "chelsea" and the Wyndham Grand Chelsea Harbour came up. I had no idea this section of London existed, a tiny pocket of posh waterfront flats and this one large hotel that felt like part of the harbour community. It's an all suite hotel, and I had two bathrooms and lots of room to hang out. The hotel offers one hour of international calling for 5.5 pounds, a big savings form my overworked blackberry costs from Verizon. Internet (wireless) was free in the public areas and a bit expenseive in the room (24 pounds a day).
Hotel recently renovated, I understand. (Used to be the old Conrad). the spa is still undergoing renovation.
The rates are amazingly low, given the quality of the accomodations and the service.
I mentioned the service, but want to highlight a few things - the staff is incredibly caring, patient and thoughful. I was a woman traveling alone, and felt pampered by their attention. One front desk employee, Rui, from Portugal originally, waled me to my room and made sure everything was perfect before returning to the desk.
He is reason alone to stay there.
It's quiet and very charming at Chelsea Harbour. It's also a hike form everything else, but one of my favorite London curry restaurants, Chutney Mary.
This trip, I never got there and instead found a great local restauarnt Lots Road (they called it a pub, but it felt more like a mediterraean trattoria) Amazing food. the black cod was as good as the best I've had in NY. The panzanella salad (tomatoes, onions and day old bread) was as good as I had in Tuscany.
Their burger was terrific, with handmade fries (chips).
and it's 50 yards from the hotel and much more affordable than the diningroom. They also have wifi.
If you take taxis, it's cost you more and it's charming to walk around here, but a long walk to get to central downtown Oxford Street. It abuts Kensington, but can't figure out how.
I understand it's a bit far form the underground too.
But I will stay here next time and the times after that.
An affordable 5 star hotel, available on Priceline (with luck), quiet and on the water...
couldn't ask for more.
Parry Aftab
WiredSafety.org

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2010

As a gamble, I booked this hotel though one of those discount hotel sites where you book a hotel blindly and only after you pay do you find out which hotel you'll be staying in. I had never done such a thing before and I never will be doing it again.
When we arrived at The Wyndham, they were in the middle of an extensive renovation. We had to move to a smoking room to try to escape the noise. The main restaurant was closed and the walkway was as well. If we would have booked through a more traditional manner, we would have known about this ahead of time.
I'm sure the renovations are complete or nearly so now and the hotel is in a much better shape to receive guests.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2010

Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry for the poor impression you received of the hotel during our refurbishment. With the exception of the Spa please note that our renovations were completed some time ago, and guests are enjoying our luxurious new look. We do hope that you will have the chance to return to the Wyndham Grand London to see the finished article.

Reviewed May 15, 2010

We stayed at the wyndam for one night with my two children who are 8 and 2 years old, the kids loved the pool however this is very deep im 5ft 1" and couldnt touch the bottom of the pool, The rooms are great size and the staff freindly and helpful. we didnt have breakfast in the hotel as we walked down the Kings Road to get breakfast in a great little caffe.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank wurz111

We are delighted that you and your children enjoyed your stay at the Wyndham Grand London. Whilst the Spa is currently being refurbished please note that when it reopens we would always advise that any non-swimmers refrain from entering the deep end. Pool depths are clearly indicated by the side of the pool. However, I am pleased to inform you that the new swimming pool will be shallower than the previous one.

Reviewed April 28, 2010

All rooms are suites at this hotel, there are huge with luxury beds, big bathrooms, separate lounge area etc etc. My friend and I went shopping for the day and stayed here as a treat, we sat on the balcony in the evening looking at the marina drinking. Footballers go here, so as i say "if its good enough for them, its good enough for me!!!" We used room service in the evening and the meal was lovely and of a good size. I would definately recommend this hotel, its very close to Kings Road aswell.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends