I booked this hotel through a travel zoo offer, so only paid £129 for the room, breakfast for the kids were free and the adults only paid half price.
As i stayed over the bank holiday, I did not hear the noise from the penthouse refurb, which I heard was pretty bad. Our room overlooked a train line but you could hardly hear this, so not a problem. The room was nice and large, with a balcony complest with 2 chairs and a table, fantastic quality toiletries, large fluffy towels and so far so good the best hotel slippers I have worn. There were lots of TV channels to chose from which you would think most hotels would have with the freeview we now have, but there are still so many with just the basic 1-5 a news channel and maybe one or two european channels, here you get at least 30 channels. The bed was lovely, the turndown service was fab, all the towels changed, bathroom cleaned again, and 2 large bottles of water on each bedside table.
For those who dont want to pay for internet in the room, there is a PC located by the entrance that is free to use.
The staff are really friendly and helpful, the gym is a little cramped, but good up to date equipment and weights with a seperate stretching room, lots of bottled water to help yourself to, and even cold towels to cool yourself down with! The pool is deep, it is 1.5metres all round, which is fine for an average height adult, but could pose a problem for kids or anyone shorter than me :-) (im 5ft 2) but it was clean and large.
The only downside, but not enough to take a mark off was the breakfast, it all seemed a bit disorganised, they ran out of rice krispies and they didnt even have weetabix, and these cereals are a basic really in any hotel, may seem a bit picky but as a mother of a 1year old with 4 teeth these are the only cereals he is ok with eating. The tea was the loose version, but was so weak it was pointless and one of my pancakes were burnt to a crisp. If I had to give the breakfast a mark out of 10, it would be a 5, certainly nothing special, and would have been very annoyed if I had paid the full price for for it , infact I have had better in the Ibis! but the staff really do try their best and once again all very friendly.
Would certainly stay here again,ideally over the August bank holiday, as that way you avoid the building works and hopefully will be hot so then you can really enjoy the balcony
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant All-Suite Hotel located in the Chelsea Harbour on the River Thames, offering stunning views of the river & harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Chelsea Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Grand London Chelsea Harbour Hotel London
- Wyndham London
- London Wyndham
- The Chelsea Harbour Hotel London, England