“2nd visit much better than the first! ”

The Chelsea Harbour Hotel
Ranked #208 of 1,067 Hotels in London
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“2nd visit much better than the first! ”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I am writing this after our second visit to the chelsea harbour hotel, the first visit was bad and therefore received a bad review, this visit was the complete opposite, we felt welcomed, the room was lovely, the staff were attentive and the stay was everything 5 star!!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Donna J
Chelseaharbourhotel1, PA to the General Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Donna J,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with the Tripadvisor community.
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your second stay at the hotel. We hope that you and your husband has a lovely time celebrating your anniversary.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.
PA to the General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
South of France
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The Chelsea Harbour hotel is a very pleasant hotel. I stayed for four nights and my suite was overlooking the marina and had a terrace with table and chairs. It comprised a sitting room, bedroom, bathroom and two toilets. There was also free wifi in the room which worked very well.

The bedroom was a nice size and the bed was very comfortable. There were ample wardrobes, iron and ironing board and a little dressing table. The bathroom was en suite with a bath, a separate shower, and toilet.

The sitting room was large with a comfortable sofa and two armchairs, and a desk. It also had a guest toilet.

The suite was divided by a wall and no doors and no door to the entrance hall. Whilst it was very quiet, later in the morning one could hear all the doors closing. My friend who had a different suite had dividing walls with doors and a door to the entrance hall.

The mini bar was well stocked and there was a coffee machine. I made coffee for my two guests but had no way of heating the milk, so the coffee was a little cold to drink!

There was no iPod player in the sitting room which was a shame (or any music). A friend of mine also staying in the hotel had one in her room, so why not me? Surely it should be standard in all rooms?

I had paid for a suite including full English breakfast. Unlike most hotels that have a buffet breakfast, one had to order from a choice of set menus, apart from fruit, cereals, yoghurts etc which were on a long bar. Personally I prefer to have the choice of a buffet breakfast and didn’t like having to choose set platters. One morning I chose the smoked fish platter, which was not overly large, and another day had just an omelette with bacon and tomato.

Since I am someone who likes to have a room service breakfast, I was pleased to find out that one only had to pay a delivery charge of £4.50 to have breakfast in one’s room! Much nicer!

The Harbour Bar has theme nights and my friends and I very much enjoyed the 2 for 1 champagne cocktails on the Wednesday night, and the 2 for 1 wine on the Thursday!

I had dinner once in the restaurant which was delicious and not overly expensive. I had the filet steak with Béarnaise Sauce, followed by the Wild Berry Summer Pudding with Elderflower sorbet, and a couple of glasses of the very nice Chilean cabernet Sauvignon.

One day I decided to go for a swim in the nice pool. I found it hard to find and ended up having to walk around the outside of the hotel to get back in. There were stairs, lifts, and so many doors and not many sign posts. Finding the hairdresser was marginally easier. There should be better access from the hotel.

Whilst the hotel has a lovely position on the marina and enjoyable walks along its banks, I found it a bit of a pain trying to get anywhere and often had to get taxis.

When I arrived at the hotel on the first day with one big and fairly heavy suitcase and a smaller one, I had travelled from Gatwick airport via Clapham Junction to Imperial Wharf (no problems and lifts on each platform), but when I arrived at Imperial Wharf station, there were no directions to the hotel at all. I asked several passers-by which way I should go but nobody knew. Unfortunately I had to pull my two cases and went the wrong way but eventually found the hotel. It would be good if there was a sign on the wall outside the station with an arrow pointing the way to the hotel!

All in all, I had a very enjoyable stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a suite with internal doors.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Carriecot,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel.
We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and that you were pleased with your comfortable suite, room service breakfast, the promotions in the bar and the food in the restaurant. Your feedback regarding the IPod dock has been passed on and we are looking into why there was not one in your suite.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Writing this review even though I still have one night left. Staying here for 3 nights and I couldn't speak highly enough about it. The location is fantastic, the guests are nice and friendly and the staff are excellent. They really welcome you and provide great services. This is by far the best hotel I've stayed at and my stay has been peaceful. The room or suite shall I call it (no rooms just suites) is big and got upgraded to a balcony room. The foods nice, although I do think they need to add more for vegetarians. All in all I'd recommend it to anyone. Felt like real loyalty that i'm actually looking at my family tree to see if i'm related to the Royal family! Can see why the Chelsea players stay here before matchdays!

See you soon. Thank you, Huzefa. (Arithmetic Accountants)

Room Tip: All Suites!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Chelseaharbourhotel1, PA to the General Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear ArithmeticAccountant,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel.
We are delighted that this is the best hotel that you have ever stayed in. Your kind feedback is greatly appreciated and will be passed onto the staff members.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Have stayed in several hotels in London but for the decent rates when booked I have to honestly say apart from great purchase.....upon arriving......and I have stayed at hundreds of hotels all over the World (some fantastic too) this one of the best hotels I ever stayed in. Fantastic rooms, staff, style, area location and views. Only issue is do not eat or drink there as these prices are a bit extortionate.....£5.50 for a beer out of the room fridge ? Great place tho, 5 min walk to Kings Rd.

Room Tip: All rooms viewed looked Fab.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Chelseaharbourhotel1, PA to the General Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear frankiemac28,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel.
We were delighted to read that the hotel is one of the best hotels in the world that you have ever stayed in. With regards to the mini bar pricing, we carry out regular surveys of prices in similar venues and we aim to ensure our prices are consistent.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Chelsea Harbour Hotel last night.

Whilst compared to some of its West End peers the the furniture and decor look a little dated, the location overlooking the marina or river,and the quality of service are very good.

The suites are fairly small (but it is London) and a lot of the equipment is showing signs of age but the views and balconies are lovely and all the public amenities fall into the same category.

As the price had fallen since we booked and at check in the very efficient Olivier arranged a fee £24 per head breakfast for us both a small gesture on a £400 per night suite but much appreciated none the less.

Room Tip: Marina suites are quiet and have very nice balconies
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chelseaharbourhotel1, PA to the General Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Simon H,

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel.
We were pleased that you liked the views of the marina and your balcony. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Tintagel, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We spent 2 nights here last week. Perfection. We had an amazing meal in the restaurant. The suite was immaculate. Lovely bathroom. Will defintely be back again to use the spa etc which we didn't have time for on this visit sadly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Julie K,

Thank you for your kind review following your two night stay at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel.
We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your meal in the restaurant, found your suite to be immaculate and that the bathroom was lovely. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and hopefully you will have time to visit the Blue Harbour Health Club & Spa.
london
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I decided to stay at the Chelsea Harbour hotel for a long weekend with my bf. I am honestly very picky which most of the time leaves me disappointed but there is honestly not a bad thing I can say, to me this hotel was perfect and will now be my first, and only choice. It is abit out of the way but honestly any traveling is worth it and the hotel Is cheap for what they offer in my opinion, especially as you can get a great breakfast included!
I was checked in and out quickly, no fuss. I stayed in room 423 which was down the hall but conveniently right next to the separate lift that goes to the spa (which is pretty much the main reason I chose this hotel so that was a massive plus)
I have stayed in the executive suit of top hotels and this King suite - being their most basic room, was so much better. It was huge, a separate living area complete with sofa(bed) and tv, then the 2nd area with extra king size bed, also with another tv. The bathroom was big, a nice rainfall shower, and good sized bath. Both easy to use and no problems atall.
I ordered room service pretty much for every meal and was never disappointed. The food was lovely especially the afternoon tea, and the staff so kind and helpful. Our room was made up everyday.
The swimming pool is another big plus and I even witnessed staff checking the water twice while I was there. The sauna and steam rooms are located in the changing rooms which I loved as it offers even more privacy.
Drinks on the terrace at sunset, lovely cocktails, lovely people.
There is honestly not a bad word that can be said, I was devastated to have to leave and I can not wait to stay again soon. Thank you so much to the staff for being so attentive & welcoming and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Room Tip: Next time I will pay that little bit extra for a view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dcampbs,

Thank you for your extremely kind review following your stay at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel.
We were thrilled to read that you and your partner were pleased with your suite, room service, the spa and the attentive welcoming staff. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.