“Thames Marina in London. What could be better??”

The Chelsea Harbour Hotel
Ranked #205 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Having just stayed in the Chelsea Harbour Hotel for a few days, I have nothing but positive memories.
The staff were all SUPERB, from the Valet, to the reception staff, to the bar people and porters. Genuine, well trained, luxury Hotel staff, who made you feel most welcome, met every need, but did not interfere or try too hard.
To sit and have breakfast, overlooking the harbour and the boats, with the sun shining down, seemed like heaven!!
The room was great, breakfast superb, an amazing swimming pool/sauna/steam room/gym, very clean throughout and in a superb location for Chelsea and the Kings Road.
If I had one criticism, it would be the furniture in the room feels old fashioned. A small point, but it would have made a very spacious room feel so much more luxurious.
Would I stay there again??? ABSOLUTELY!! hopefully soon.
I live in London, so it is a great base if I do not want to drive home.
All in all, a really good choice and highly recommended. London has over 150 5* Hotels to choose from, so to have all 180 rooms full when I visited, must mean they are doing something right!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are suites, but a Marina view room would be my choice. That said, breakfast is overlooking...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chelseaharbourhotel1, PA to the General Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Jonnyknight,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel.
We were thrilled to read that you have nothing but positive memories following your stay. Your kind feedback will be passed onto each staff member with a great level of pride. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for The Chelsea Harbour Hotel

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night away. Choose the hotel from the fantastic reviews. We were not disappointed. The room was exceedingly spacious with a separate lounge, bedroom, 2 separate toilets, waterfall shower, separate bath and twin sinks. The hotel is very clean and welcoming. We were able sit outside on the balcony overlooking the marina to have our breakfast. Only one negative... When I ordered 2 glasses of sparkling Rose for my husband and I, I did not expect to be charged £34!!!! We later checked the drinks menu and realised that the only sparkling rose that the hotel offers is the rose champagne. Probably my fault for not checking the menu but it would have been nice for the waiter to mention this when I ordered so that I could have ordered another wine. However, like I said, beautiful hotel and lovely staff but still feel a little cheated with the drinks as I have never paid £34 for 2 small alcoholic drinks before but I will be wiser next time!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank astrolly
Chelseaharbourhotel1, PA to the General Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear astrolly,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Chelsea Harbour Hotel.
We were delighted to read that you were pleased with your spacious suite and that the hotel was clean and welcoming. Please note your feedback regarding the prices in the bar have been passed onto the bar manager.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our wedding night as a wedding present from my sister. We stayed in the penthouse kings sweet (which I haven't seen advertised online- therefore I don't know the price- assuming it's £1200+ per night)
Was absolutely stunning- beautiful view, lovely furnishings and huge space- the master bathroom included a jacuzzi for two and a sauna as well as twin sink basins and a rainfall shower. The room also included two further bathrooms and another bedroom and A very large living room area- the masters uuet was incredibly comfortable with a gorgeous view and a walk in wardrobe! All the technology and fittings were top of the range and we were sad to have only had the pleasure of staying just the one night! Would defiantly return- and recommend for a special occasion!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chelseaharbourhotel1, PA to the General Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear rani4444,
First of all congratulations on your wedding. We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay in the Kings Penthouse Suite. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We got a really good deal here on Late rooms. Don't know what the average charges really are but we paid 220 for a suite that was listed at over £lk. Now I wouldn't have paid a grand but for a night away with three boys who wanted to shop in the city, swim, hang out and watch some movies when they were in the room, it was a success. The living room has a bed settee which they make up at turn down time. The pool wasn't particularly busy and we got a deal on the movies which at 15 quid for one were a bit over the top. By buying a package for 25 they could watch a number of movies meaning late nights and early mornings they were kept occupied. Staff are very nice and helpful. It is as another reviewer mentioned, over the top when buying drinks or stuff from the mini bar, but if you limit your use of those things, then all in all it's a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear NualaForsey,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Chelsea Harbour Hotel.
We are delighted that you and your children enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Your kind feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

3 drinks £40 12.5% svce charge .£4.50 for nuts you think are free great location great view great service great balcony with heaters but mein gott!! Das est mucho looto for a simple drinks mein peoples !!!
puts you in a different place than by the muddy Thames in not so muddy Chelsea so top tip buy your drinks at the bar avoid the nuts have two straws make it last and enjoy the boats spot the people on them messing about two good days on a boat day you buy it day you sell it but there you have my landlubbers made in Chelsea style

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Chelseaharbourhotel1, PA to the General Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear dealdownup,

We were delighted to read that you were pleased with the service and views across the marina. Please note that the nuts are complimentary and therefore we are currently investigating why there would have been a charge.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Spent five nights at this hotel. The suite was lovely and had a balcony overlooking the harbor. Location worked well for bus, tube and overground train. The real gem of this hotel is the staff. From check in to check out we were well cared for. After long days of touring we were welcomed at the bar by Albert and Andre. They not only offered fabulous service but were interesting to talk with. Have traveled around the world and stayed at hundreds of hotels. On the last evening at Chelsea Harbour had the pleasure to meet Exec. Chef Kader. He prepared a once in a lifetime dinner for us. He was also a delight to spend time with. A memory we will always cherish. Our room was kept crisp and clean. The doormen did a great job arranging for transportation when needed. Wish we could go back tomorrow!

Room Tip: They are an all suite hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Frank N

Dear Frank N,

Thank you for your delightful review following your five night stay at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel.
We were delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience at the hotel, and that you were extremely pleased with the service that you received from the staff members. We really hope to welcome you both back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Upon entering the hotel it is everything you'd expect from a 5 star property, beautiful fresh flowers, gracious concierge and a well designed interior. The hotel rooms were generous in size (all suites) and well appointed with a beautiful views of the harbour from the balcony. Internet access is complimentary allowing for up to five devices. The location itself is within walking distance to the train/bus and walkable to King's Road.

Where the hotel really stood out and "wowed" me was the exceptional staff. After spending four days in Paris we arrived at the hotel. We were quickly checked in and escorted to our beautiful suite. After a day of travel we were too exhausted to venture very far and visited the Lobby Bar. I had the pleasure of meeting Andrei Orange one of the supervisors for the bar. He was very accommodating and friendly. He provided us with information regarding the surrounding area and must see locations while we were in London. We had such a nice time we decided to visit the lobby bar again the second night and again had the pleasure of speaking with Andrei.

On the third night... we again were looking for that same great experience and learn that Andrei was off for the next two days. We then meet Albert Nimanaj the manager of the bar. WOW is all I can say. Andrei had already shared our information with Albert and our experience just kept getting better. Albert not only provided expectational service to us but I watched as he made certain to give each guest there a personal touch. You could clearly see that both Albert and Andrei truly enjoy their positions and are passionate about what they do.
I also can not leave out Nora who was also a pleasure to meet! I feel as if I have not only had a great experience but made new friends. Such polished and personable staff! I wish every property I stayed at delivered this kind of experience!

On our last night (stayed five nights) we had the honor to meet the executive chef Imthiaz Kader. My mother wanted soup but was not able to have any off of the menu due to allergies. Not a problem! Albert asked the executive chef to come and speak with us! He then discussed with my mother what she would like and what she was able to eat. Less than 15 minutes later we were dining on the best three course meal I have ever had!

If you are looking for a true five star experience with priceless service, this is the hotel I would recommend. I know I will be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank LauraAnne2014

Dear LauraAnne2014,

Thank you for your extremely kind review following your recent stay at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel.
We are thrilled that you had an exceptional stay, and that that staff ‘wowed’ you. Your kind feedback will be passed onto the staff members, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to London.