“Our One year wedding Anniversary not worth the money.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chelsea Harbour Hotel

The Chelsea Harbour Hotel
Ranked #155 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Middlesex United Kingdom
“Our One year wedding Anniversary not worth the money.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and myself spent our one year wedding anniversary at the hotel Saturday 11th may-12th spent a lot more money than usual for a nights stay in the hotel however I feel it was not worth the money. I work in a 5* hotel myself and I would say the hotel was lovely but there are improvements to be made. Firstly the reason for booking this hotel was we live in west London we didn't want to travel to far and wanted to stay where there was a spa. We booked a spabreak which included dinner, breakfast and a spa treatment..... Me and my husband both had a 30minute back Neck and shoulder massage in the couples Room which was nice to be together my husband had never had a treatment and it was a surprise for him so it was special however the room was very small and lighting throughout the treatment was to bright and not dimmed at any time. The treatment its self was lovely and my therapist done a very good treatment using her elbows and helping to remove any tension with a firm pressure my husbands therapist seemed to do less treatment time by only a couple of small seconds but she did take her hands off him to get more oil which should have been 30 minutes hands on treatment time.When we went to the Spa on the Sunday we got in the spa area at 11.05 and left by 11.55 as when we went into the spa there was ample children no chairs available to sit as all seating was covered with towels although no one was actually sitting on them. We went into the water for about 20minutes but shortly after left as the children were jumping into the pool, sliding off the water jets so you couldn't even stand under them after we left me and my husband went in the separate sauna which was in the Changing rooms so we were still not spending alone time together. I asked a Lady Daniella Letini if there were children's swim times and she said unfortunately not but the children are in the pool with their dads as the women had all the fine a cancer charity run and should be checking out shortly, I then asked if any treatments were available to try and rekindle the romantic atmosphere however she said they were fully booked so we showered and met back at reception. Daniella was on reception and was very helpful when I asked for the managers details however when I stated that I also worked in a hotel and children's times usually work she said we a have swimming lesson during the week but at weekends we cater more for families which is no good to us as we left our 4 year old daughter at home to celebrate. We spent more time in the bar than anywhere else in the hotel costing us more money for drinks plus the service charge they continently added on. At know time during the stay did anyone show us around the hotel or tells us that service charge is optional however it is but you feel obliged to have to pay. We paid service charge of £6.00 to bar staff on a £50.00 food bill when we had lunch in the bar which was just a club sandwhich and a burger. The staff in the bar though we're extremely helpful Anohea Bonsos and Ivett Kelmen they made a bubblegum cocktail for me costing £14.00 however when it arrived and it was not to my liking they took it away and removed it from my bill with no prompting which was very nice of them. I liked the way how one member of staff in the restaurant brought us a cake with happy 1st anniversary written on the plate with chocolate to us with our dinner on the saturday I didn't get her name but she was also very nice and served us well. I feel that our stay at the Wyndham Hotel was not special and we were just a number to them as we were not greeted as mr and mrs Loveridge and always needed to promote to staff to our existence. We asked for a late check out on the Sunday as we wanted to make the most of the Sunday as well however when leaving our room to go for breakfast we had a checkout letter under our door and a invoice although we had paid for everything we had during our stay cash when presented with our bill. I wouldn't return unless contacted with a solution from the DM of the hotel as I feel for what I paid the customer service was just not there apart from the few staff mentioned. We arrived, we paid and we left feeling very unspecial and unnoticed. In the way in and out the doorman although present didn't open the door for us once during our stay people looked at us as so we shouldn't be there and as so we don't fit in as the clientele is for the older generation and not 25-30 year olds. I brought an umbrella for £10.00 cash as a souvenir for remembrance of our first anniversary however this is all I'm taking away with me from this experience. :-(

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Myself and my husband and children aged 11 and 7 have just returned from the hotel.
We have stayed in many hotels in London and this is by far the best we have stayed in.

Rooms immaculate, porters and front door staff very friendly and helpful they could not do enough to help you especially porter called Paul who was lovely with the children too. It was my husband's birthday and I emailed the hotel ahead of our stay and they left out a cake personalised alacarte style with happy birthday handwritten which was lovely suprise for him when we arrived.

All the complimentary bathroom toiletries were of very high quality and the complimentary tea and coffee in room.

The only downside were the staff in the spa area were not very welcoming and were a little bit rude and didn't really explain what we needed to do as you have to access a lift and get signed in at the beauty spa/gymn area and then they escort you in a lift to the pool.

The pool was lovely they have spa and steam rooms, didn't use the beauty salon.
They do leave you a £10 of treatments voucher in the room on arrival.

The only area for improvement would be they should offer a restaurant discount to those staying in the hotels, and other reviews are correct that prices are very steep for any extras £3.50 for a can of coke in the mini bar when there is a Tesco express 3 mins walk away is bit much. So we were careful not to incurr extra charges, and this put us off eating at the hotel restaurant too.

We brought our own champagne gin etc and would advise others without unlimited pockets to do the same as the mini bar prices were steep.

Again perhaps some vouchers for some cocktail deals in the bar would encourage more hotel patronige at the Bar/Restaurant as these areas and the menus looked lovely but were not very busy for a bank holiday weekend and considering the amount of guests at the hotel.

Although I didn't really understand previous comments that you need mortgage for a coffee as there are very good coffee machines in the room and fresh tea in silk bags that are included in the price of the stay.

We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel as we felt £25 a head for breakfast was steep so we had brunch at Pret for £25 for the whole family instead.

The kids brought DVD's to watch in the evening and the staff brought one in and set one up free of charge.

We visited the Thai Blue Elephant near by fwalking distance for dinner not cheap but the best Thai we have had in a long time. We also had a good lunch at Marco Pierre White Steak house in Chelsea , and ordered brick cooked pizza in to the room one of the evening's from a company we found online locally called Fireazza which was reasonable and very delicious.

Overall as long as I could get a decent room rate we paid £210 a night booked on laterooms I would not stay anywhere else when visiting London again, there really was nothing to complain about and I would say I am very fussy.

Would go as far as to say this is the best UK hotel I have stayed in.

As with the parking if you time it right you can get free off road parking over the weekend as long you leave before 7am on the Monday (if not a bank holiday) we paid £5 to park from Saturday afternoon to Bank Holiday Monday you just need to be savvy about the parking and do your research.

The area is very scenic you don't feel you are in London but you are a short overground train and then a tube ride away from all the attractions.

Room Tip: We were on floor 6 we did not pay for a harbour view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently attended a conference meeting at the Wyndham Grand and as far as conference spaces goes, this was excellent. The meeting rooms have full glass windows out to the harbour, proving a lot of natural light. The staff were friendly and the service was exceptional. The food served at the conference was high quality, and the burger in the restaurant after it was all over, was incredibly tasty. As this was a business trip, I wasn't so concerned about the value. The service provided by the hotel was so good, I rated the value as 'excellent.' The desk area has UK, Europe and US power outlets. On the downside, the bed doesn't have any power outlet, so the staff had to provide me with an extension lead. The room size is large and comfortable - almost too large for just a few days. Tube connections aren't as convenient as other areas of London, but the harbour is nice to enjoy.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are the same, the only difference is whether or not they face the harbour. I recom...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business