Fantastic hotel, service, & food. Weare currently having extensive work carried out in our home & needed a relaxing break.
We were really sure about choosing London as a location as its hustle & bustle rarely bring relaxation!
However, this fantastic hotel is far enough away from the the usual humdrum of central London, but close enough to get to the centre if you need to... However after already seeing all the London sights in the past, we didn't find this appealing & decided to enjoy our relaxed surroundings & the spectacular views.
We had 2 nights in a 'Riverview' suite on the 7th floor, with views of the harbour & the Thames.... It's a little more expensive than a marina view room, but in our opinion well worth it, amazing views of London by night all lit up, the London eye is in your direct view aswell as the shard & the gherkin.
The room was great clean, warm & comfortable. Bed is quite firm, but we were happy with this. All in all it was everything we wanted & more. However we were a little perplexed by one thing? We are both smokers & were very aware this was a smoke free hotel, but thought we would be able to smoke on our balcony, on immediate arrival we looked out on to our balcony & saw an ashtray on the table, all of the tables had them on the balconies. It was a really good job I sat an read the little leather in room information binder as it clearly says :
NO SMOKING IS PERMITTED EVEN ON THE BALCONY &YOU WILL BE CHARGED.
Now of course, I understand why this is & I'm not at all complaining about that, but it was the ashtray that was confusing. As a smoker, & the new regulations in this country, we see an ashtray as a green light. As areas you MUST NOT smoke in, do not have ash trays. If I hadn't read this booklet, I & I'm sure many other smokers would make this mistake. So other smoking patrons of this hotel need to be aware of this.
We ate in the hotel all over our weekend & the food was superb, if we had to grumble about anything it would be difficult, however my husband had a lot of gristle in his breakfast sausage on both mornings so maybe a change of sausage to compliment the lovely breakfast.
Service was great, polite friendly staff all around the hotel. In addition we used the Underground NCP car park at the design centre that it opposite the hotel & stayed in there from Friday @ 5pm until 12pm Sunday lunch time & it was £37 for the whole stay which we thought was a great for secure parking in London.
All in all an exquisite hotel, great amenities & service & we will definitely return. Thank you Wyndham Grand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant All-Suite Hotel located in the Chelsea Harbour on the River Thames, offering stunning views of the river & harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Chelsea Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Grand London Chelsea Harbour Hotel London
- Wyndham London
- London Wyndham
- The Chelsea Harbour Hotel London, England