“Beautiful hotel, superb service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chelsea Harbour Hotel

The Chelsea Harbour Hotel
Ranked #155 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Seattle, WA
“Beautiful hotel, superb service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

We stayed for five days at this lovely hotel at Chelsea Marina and from the moment we walked in the door to check out, we experienced superb service in a beautiful setting. We especially enjoyed the tranquility of being away from the typical noisy, busy downtown London htoel locations and enjoyed the river walk and marirna promenade, yet we were only a short tube ride away from all of the main London attractions. The friendly staff were always gracious and accomodating of our every request. Room service was prompt and delicious; the restaurant provided an excellent harbor side dining experience, and we had champagne service each evening in the lounge. This contemporary, yet warm and cozy, hotel is an excellent alternative to the central London hotels and provides great value for the price. We will definately stay here on our next visit to London!

Room Tip: Our request for a room near the lift was graciously accomodated, and we were provided a generous siz...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Wyndham Grand and that you embraced the tranquil location. I was most delighted to learn you found our team accommodating and friendly. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Having heard about how expensive and disappointing London hotels are, I was delighted to find a gem of a hotel on my first visit. Starting with the staff, they did their very best to provide excellent service. The rooms were very comfortable and tastefully appointed and we enjoyed using the espresso maker in our room every evening... I thought the location was really great as we were only a short walk to the Overground - very easy to get around London from there. It was an upscale neighborhood with a great pub only a block away. Also within walking distance is "Curry Mary's" Indian Restaurant - an exquisite restaurant recommended by the staff. I have to say that staying at the Wyndham Grand Harbor made our trip to London really special!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you for such a lovely review, I was delighted to read that your stay at the Wyndham Grand exceeded your expectations and made your trip to London extra special. I am glad that our team was able to assist you throughout your stay and I will be sure to pass your comments on. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

I took a risk and booked the Wyndham in advance even though I was due to stay in mid November. The weather was perfect blue sky and mild so I was lucky as usual. Room 510 has a good view over the harbour, with a small but adequate outdoor patio. The bedroom was a good size and the living room large for central London. Very good that there is a separate closed in hall to prevent noise coming in off the corridor. The shower in the bathroom was a delight; accurate temperature from the start and as much variable water pressure as most folks could want. Self parking is extremely convenient; the entrance only 20 metres from the front door of the hotel. Note that there are no coffee shops / cafes nearby and drinks within the hotel are in my view over-priced accordingly; perhaps take a drink or two in with you. I’d certainly stay again.

Room Tip: assuming you booked a harbour view - a lower floor (2 or 3) would have a better view of the boats an...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely words. I was delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay at the Wyndham Grand and you are planning to visit us again. Being the only five star all suite hotel in London we find that our guests enjoy the extra space and the picturesque views. Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
jfcovi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

I stayed there with my wife in November this year and I cannot wait to go back. Big cities hotels tend to offer small rooms. This hotel is the exception. Location is chic and classy. Rooms are like apartments. The service is wonderful. Apples are complimentary at the Front desk.
Two Flat-screen TV, two toilets, a living room area, a huge balcony, a shower and a bath. Complimentary goodies all over the room. Outstanding front desk service. Around the Saatchi Gallery, you will find millions of interesting shops.
It's worth being in Chelsea rather than in Picadilly Circus if you have this extra space and extra service.
Whenever I am in London, I'll be at the Wyndham Grand.

1 Thank Cabinetcovidotcom
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments we couldn’t have asked for a more positive review. It was delight to read that you enjoyed your stay here and found all the complimentary amenities a great accessory. I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back at the Wyndham Grand.
Buckinghamshire, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

I feel compelled to write this review after my second stay at the Wyndham Grand which was complimentary due to the bad service we encountered on our first visit.
Unfortunately, the second visit was not much of an improvement on the first. We booked a suite through the Reservations Manager but on our arrival the Reception area were unaware of our booking. Fortunately I had brought an email from the hotel confirming our booking but was told I was then mean to reconfirm again via an email??? Ive never had to confirm a booking twice!! We had specifically requested a non smoking room but although it was meant to be the whole room smelt of cigarettes especially the bathroom towels.
We stayed at this hotel due to its location as we were attending an event nearby but if you are planning on staying just for a break I would advise you to go for something a little more central in London. The whole hotel seems to lack any atmosphere espcially the restaurant.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Yvonne D
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
We are deeply sorry that you didn’t enjoy either of your stays here at the Wyndham Grand London Chelsea Harbour. We apologise for the misunderstanding regarding your reservation also, I am surprised about the smell of cigarette smoke in your room as the room you were allocated was on a non smoking floor. Once again thank you for your feedback.
San Francisco, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,212 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

I got taken here as a surprise for my birthday weekend. We visited here 11 years ago and said we would always come back as we had such a nice time, which made the surprise extra special! The rooms are very spacious an entrance hall, toilet, lounge, bedroom, dressing area and a full bathroom and everything is extremely comfortable. We really enjoyed just sitting in the lounge with a drink ( in the robes and slippers provided) watching the world go by in the harbour. It’s definitely a hotel you want to spend time in and have a chance to relax.
Service was excellent – there was a little mix up with the rooms when we check in, however this was sorted very quickly and professionally. A couple of hours after we arrived a plate of birthday chocolates arrived in the room – a very nice touch! The location is slightly out of the way of central London, but very close to the Kings road/Sloane square and we spent most of our time in London around the Chelsea area, which was a nice change. I’d recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a bit of luxury in a quiet London location.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Travellover6128
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Thank you for your very kind words about The Wyndham Grand London. It was a pleasure to have you staying with us again and I am delighted you enjoyed your birthday surprise and in particular the chocolates. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

Really nice Hotel.We booked through Late Rooms/Secret Rooms and had a suite which was fab!The bed settee made up for my child while we went to Dinner.Dinner was excellent and a good price at around £50.00 with a couple of glasses of wine, a beer,and soft drinks.Although didnt have 3 courses.
Breakfast was expensive at £23.50 each,the only reason we had it was because my child ate free,which compensated the extra cost.
Slightly far out of central London,this wasnt helped by tubes and over ground trains not running on the Sunday,in this area.This couldnt be helped and if the trains were running ,the train station a stones throw from the hotel.
We would stay again if picked up at the right price.

Room Tip: If you can afford to slapsh out,have a suite as excellent
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Thank you sparing the time to review your recent stay; we appreciate your feedback. I was delighted to read you had a pleasant stay and would consider choosing The Wyndham Grand again. I was, however, sorry to read you were unhappy with the pricing structure of breakfast, when guests book directly with the in-house reservations department they are offered a special rate for breakfast which is £10. Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.