“Great place to stay, friendly staff,very comfortable”

Collingham Serviced Apartments
Ranked #121 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Gros Islet
“Great place to stay, friendly staff,very comfortable”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Collingham Apartments is in a lovely location and convenient for theatres restaurants etc. The staff are friendly and polite and the Manageress made us feel special and gave us very good advice on where to go. The suites are very clean and comfortable and great care had been taken to make you feel that it was like being at home. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be returning in the not too distant future when we next visit London. It is the only place for us now we have found this great place to stay.
Alan and Joan Smith, St Lucia, W.I.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
reservations5, Reception at Collingham Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, November 3, 2009
Thankyou for your comments. We will strive to meet your expectations on a future visit and assure you of our best attention at all times.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Coventry
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I did not know what it would be like but was pleasantly surprised by what I found. Excellent apartment, great service, great location. I would definitiely recommend me this for anyone who wants a well located, spacious place to stay. Royal Albert Halls and Museums were very close

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
fife
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I booked our stay here after reading the glowing reviews on this site.
On arrival we were upgraded from a one bedroom to a two bedroom apartment with a lovely roof terrace. The rooms were spotless and the welcome box of chocolates were a nice touch. The furniture was a bit dated but not worn or unclean. We found the beds to be very comfortable . The family in the apartment upstairs were a bit heavy footed when walking around but I have had this in lotsof hotels too so did not find this a big problem.
The location was great for us as we travelled around London by tube.
The staff were very friendly especially to my little son. We all had such a great time that we plan to return in December

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2009

I had the pleasure of staying at the Collingham Suites for one night with my wife. I had booked a room on the wotif web site.
On arrival the reception staff were very friendly and promptly ugraded us from a studio appt to a suite. This room was vey nice, kitchen and rooms very clean. The suite had a small courtyard, unfortunately it was raining so we could not enjoy this.
The accomodation had everything required for a long comfortable stay. It is well positioned between Earls Court & Gloucester Rd tube stations
I have no problems recommending these appartments and intend staying here on my way out of the country in October.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
reservations5, General Manager at Collingham Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Collingham Serviced Apartments. Our guests love the fact that we are an all-suite hotel as the additional space is very refreshing in a big city, offering you space to relax and entertain. We value our personalised service and so I was pleased to read your comments about our staff. With regards to our location, we are 3 min from Gloucester Road underground and close to shops/supermarket, and short walk to Knightsbridge and Museums.. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 18, 2009

After reading the good reviews I booked a Studio Apartment. I just returnes from 3 nights and for me it was a little bit disappointing.
The location is very good, nearby Gloucester Road and Earls Court tube stations with a direct link to Heathrow.
I booked a studio and it was in the basement, pretty dark and I don't think it's nice to put someone in a basement room but thats normal in Londen. Beware of the very small and steep stairs. The roomsize was ok, with a kitchenette with, most important, a microwave. Bathroom really small, sink was too small, toilet did not flush very well.
My room was next to the laundry room and untill 11 in the evening there was the constant noise of the washing machines.
The first night my room smelt terrible of cigarette smoke. I even had to put my clothes in my suitcase, or they would smell of cigarette smoke. The other two nights I did not smell this but it never smelt really good in the room.
I heard every step of my upstairs neighbours and when their child started crying in the night it was like the child was in my room.

So overall, not very pleased, plus side is the kitchenette and the location, down side the noise, smell and the basement.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank Cootje68
reservations5, Manager at Collingham Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
I would encourage Trip Advisor viewers to contact us for photographs.We only have one studio at Collingham Apartments and it is very popular with our guests. Although it is located on the lower ground floor, it has a kitchenette, a walk-in wardrobe, and shower room and outside courtyard. This apartment was refurbished in 2011
Melbourne
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Forget the beautiful pictures. There is apparently only one studio apartment and it is almost subterranean. The room is very small and gets more poky as you go through the bathroom to a narrow room to put your luggage. Very very small window and off a narrow entry passage is a door to a small courtyard like being at the bottom of a lightwell - table not cleaned during our stay so had droppings on it. Not pleasant to eat at. In the main room it would have been a real stretch to open the table up and put 2 chairs at it. We ate on the bed. Only good thing was the Ikea kitchen in a cupboard -very nifty but if you had it open then couldn't get into the tiny bathroom. The treads on the stairs down to this room were shorter than my small feet. My husband had to go down sideways. Supposed to be 4 stars- receptionist told me 4 stars for an apartment is different from 4 stars for a hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Cameocream
reservations5, General Manager at Collingham Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Thank you for your comments. We will strive to meet your expectations on a future visit and assure you of our best attention at all times.

We only have one studio in Collingham, it has been refurbished in 2011.Although on lower ground, it is very popular with our guests featuring a kitchenette, walk-in wardrobe&shower room and a courtyard area outside. If trip-advisor readers would like to see photographs before booking we would be happy to furnish you with them.

If you require more space, our one bedroom apartments have a full kitchen, a spacious sitting room, bedroom and bathroom.
Queenslander
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed here for 2 weeks whilst in London to see the ODI cricket matches and throughly enjoyed our stay in the apartments and highly recommend them as a place to stay. The apartments are situated in a handy location to the Gloucester Road Tube Station, shops, reasturants and museums and are located in a quiet and safe neighbourhood. The staff service was always prompt, friendly and helpful. We did not want to leave the Collingham Apartments and are counting down to our return trip.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
We are so glad that you enjoyed a Happy and Comfortable stay with us. Our beds are very comfortable with Egyptian Cotton Sheets that feel heavenly! With 6 days a week Maid Service and nice fluffy towels changed daily we try to think of everything possible to give all the family a memorable time. We have a large film dvd library and 24 hr concierge, a great selection of glossy magazines and daily newspaper. We have written a book of tips and recommendations to assist in planning your trip- The Collingham is privileged to be in the desirable exclusive area of South Kensington.