“Disappointing”

Collingham Serviced Apartments
Ranked #132 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Unfortunately our stay at Collingham in apt 132 was disappointing. The condition of the apartment was poor and not of the description advertised. A £350 deposit is required incase of any breakage. You would have to wreck the entire apartment to come close to that figure. There is no security lock on the front door and no privacy lock on the bathroom door, just a hole where it should be. No toiletries like mini shampoos, tissues etc. Zero in the way of any personal touches. The floor boards in the whole apartment creek so loud it is impossible not to disturb anyone in the apartment or below. The advertised full size fridge freezer was a small under the counter fridge. There is no air conditioning or balcony. The view is of a brick building. As we pulled the sofa bed into shape we were disgusted to find a large stain on the mattress with spots which appeared to be dried blood. I took a photo and descended three flights of narrow stairs to report the problem as you cannot find the phone number of the front desk anywhere. The single elevator was archaic. Reception said housekeeping had gone home and gave me a sheet to cover the stain. Sleeping on a sheet knowing another persons bodily fluid stains were underneath was not something that comforted me. The welcome amenities were missing so I was given a bottle of screw cap 'Tesco Table Wine' which I duly returned. Foyer is sterile with no flowers or welcome signage.This is not a 4 star luxury facility as advertised.

Room Tip: If you have to stay at this accommodation be sure not to accept room 132 its awful and desperately n...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank rodeodrive
reservations5, General Manager at Collingham Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Collingham Serviced Apartments. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Collingham, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us as you have raised some concerning points. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the shortfalls encountered and prevent future occurrence.
The apartment you stayed in was recently refurbished and is very popular with our guests, with a view of typical London houses. Portable air conditioning units are available upon request. Most of our apartments do not have a balcony and we are unable to guarantee one unless you book a Penthouse.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had a Comfortable stay at the Collingham apartments. The place was very clean and tidy. All the amenities were provided. Extremely polite and helpful staff. Very close to the tube and lots of eating places. Would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
reservations5, General Manager at Collingham Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Collingham Serviced Apartments, South Kensington. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay in one of our newly renovated apartments. I am also very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.
We do look forward to welcoming you back to Collingham Serviced Apartments in the very near future.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I booked the pent house for five nights .The apartments is ideally located 20 minutes walk to harrods ten minutes to exhibition road where there are variety of caves and outdoor restaurants ,plenty of cafes and bakeries.The furniture was average but clean the kitchen was fully equipped but need some maintenance in the cabinets part and flooring.The area is quiet and safe .There is no air conditioning I do not know how it will be inAugust if the weather gets hot.

Room Tip: Try to reserve a unit with a balcony it makes the room feels fresh
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

We do have portable air conditioning units upon request.
I am glad that you had such a pleasant and comfortable stay with us. We are often told that we are one of London Hidden Gem's! It does work very well for our Corporate Clients to have room to relax and entertain in a spacious Apartment. As we offer 6 days Maid Service and 24 hour Reception and WiFi we feel we offer good value too. Most of our guests return time after time and view The Collingham as their 'London Residence'.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Another fantastic experience at the Colingwood apartments. Just in London for 1 night and booked a studio room on Hotels.com arrived for check in and got a 3 bedroom beautiful apartment towards the back of the property, which was wasted on just 1 person but nice to have so much room.
Its my second stay here and its clean, equipped and great staff. definately coming back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bennyt2
reservations5, General Manager at Collingham Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. We are always happy to hear that you enjoyed a Happy and Comfortable stay with us. How lovely that our guest comments grade us highly in London!! We are thrilled with this Accolade.
Our location in South Kensington is ideal for the business traveller or tourist. Please do not hesitate to contact us at Collingham Serviced Apartments, we would be delighted to assist with your enquiries for planning your trip.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was hoping to book a 2 bed 2 bath apartment but only a 2 bed 1 bath was available - its summer so the apartment was fully booked ! Apartment was clean and the bright. A well organized kitchen and dinning area which my family did use quite a bit for a breakfast and dinner. One thing I appreciated was the daily change of bath towels etc... as this is a service not all service apartments offer (most will add an additional charge). Great washer/dryer - this was important as I did not pack a ton of clothes with me.

Staff at the counter were polite and helpful, quite and safe location. Getting a cab was very easy.

Comments :
1. I feel management could pay a little more attention to was to ensure the carpets in the apartments were cleaned better. We ended up having to wear socks while in the apartment to keep our feet clean after our evening showers.

2. I was a little upset that the cleaning staff did move my items whilst cleaning the apartment. I guess they wanted have the apartment look like its all ready to be occupied by new guests ie all items that were not part of the apartment were re-arranged. The cleaning staff moved my items which were on the table in the bedroom to the drawers and I spent sometime looking for them until my husband happen to pull open one of the drawers where my items were stored.

However, its a great place to call this home while in London and will recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. We are always happy to hear that you enjoyed a Happy and Comfortable stay with us. How lovely that our guest comments grade us at 39th Best Hotel in London!! We are thrilled with this Accolade.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We booked a studio apartment but were upgraded to a one bedroom 2 level apartment and it was absolutely fantastic. Everything was clean and in excellent condition and the kitchen was well fitted out. There was a really comfortable king size bed in the bedroom. The room also had a large deck (balcony) off the loungeroom with tables and chairs provided for outdoor dining but it was a bit cold when we stayed. Not much of a view outside as it just overlooks other terraces and back gardens. Had a bit of trouble locking the balcony door but problem was solved immediately by the helpful staff. Apartments are about 5 minute walk to Earl's Court Station and local shops nearby including a small supermarket. I would definitely recommend a stay here and found it excellent value for money.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pdtant

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Booked the studio apartment but got an upgrade upon arrival. Stayed in one bedroom apartment on 2nd floor & can only say it was fabulous. Felt at home straight away, rooms were in excellent condition, good bathroom with large tub, fully fitted kitchen, ridiculously large bed, everything very clean & nice. Just 5 minutes walk away from tube stations Earls Court (District line) & Gloucester Road (District & Circle lines). Tesco that's open 24 hours a day across from Gloucester Road station. Had an absolutely superb and lovely stay, am 100% sure I will return here next time I'm in London. Thumbs up on everything; an absolute winner!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank dutchjackles
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

The Management and Staff at Collingham Serviced Apartments (rated high 4 stars by Visit Britain) are delighted that you had a wonderful holiday in London, and that you enjoyed a welcoming and memorable stay here. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with other trip advisor visitors. We hope that this might encourage them to stay with us!