“A fantastic birthday weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #52 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“A fantastic birthday weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had a fantastic stay at The Marylebone. It was our son's 13th birthday and we were all made to feel very special with balloons, a lovely birthday cake and complimentary drinks. The room was perfect for us and the children (age 6 and 13) and offered a space for us to relax in when they had gone to bed. A lovely hotel, fantastic location, and a very personal touch from all the staff. A special thank you to Frits and Diana. It was a trip to remember, and we look forward to another visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest

I am thrilled you had such a great birthday celebration with your son at the Marylebone, thank you for choosing us!

Our team loves being part of our guests’ experiences and special occasions gives us a wonderful opportunity to push the boat out and really make a stay exceptional. It was a pleasure to have you with us, I will pass on your kind comments to Diana and the rest of our team who I know will be as pleased as I am to hear your kind words.

We all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to what we hope is now your home away from home in London.

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have stayed a couple of times in The Marylebone and I will definitely go back in the future.
This hotel is a gem in the centre of London. It is very close to a lot of major attractions of the city and shopping areas.

The hotel itself is beautiful. The bedrooms are spacious and very comfortable. There is an amazing gym and also a swimming pool. Although the staff is nice and very helpful I found the place just a little bit impersonal, but it is not really an issue for me.

I would recommend The Marylebone to everyone going to London. It is a good choice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you have stayed with us a few times now and continue to return to the Marylebone.

Your loyal custom is incredibly important to me and my team and I am delighted that you would definitely return again. Our number one priority is to create exceptional service experiences that will build long terms relationships with our customers and hopefully ensure they continue to use us as their home away from home. Your positive feedback is therefore very motivating and I am very grateful that you took the time to tell us and others about your experiences.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope to meet you in person when you return.

Tottenham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

For my first anniversary I wanted to spoil my partner so opted for the Marylebone after scouring the web for a suitable venue. We were certainly not disappointed. The room was bright, the cleanliness superb and the staff helpful in the extreme. Room service prompt and great value. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anybody

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

Many congratulations on your Anniversary! I am thrilled you chose us to celebrate this incredibly special moment and delighted you had such a great experience!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am most appreciative of your personal recommendation, it means the world to me and my team.

Thank you for writing about us and I hope to welcome you back very soon!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed with family between Christmas and New Year so we could enjoy all the benefits of the Westend of London which it is very handy to, you can walk without needing to take cab or public transport. Staff were excellent. Great dinner suggestions. We had a junior suite which gave us enough room for our tall seven year old without having her pullout bed in the way of enjoying the room. Our bed was very comfortable, bathroom was nice and modern. Very quiet location. Lots of spaces to sit within hotel to read or check out email on phone. Good little foyer bar space with open fire. We had previously stayed at Marriott County Hall and at the Ritz but found this much better. Good business centre space as I was there for my work. While the hotel did not seem to be geared for children they always made a fuss over out daughter and would recommend this as a couple or business hotel as well.

Room Tip: Choose Junior Suite if you have the need for a pullout bed, smaller room might be a challenge.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you and your family with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and very pleased that our team looked after you and your family. Whilst we recognize that our guest rooms, the design and overall feel contribute immensely to a guests ‘stay we have always believed that our service will determine whether our guests choose to return. Your positive feedback is therefore incredibly encouraging and I am very grateful that you took the time to tell us about your stay.

Thank you for recommending us so highly, great to hear you thought we were better than the Ritz, and I hope to welcome you and your family back to the Marylebone very soon.

Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a really nice place to stay in London - fantastic service, with lots of nice little touches, and nice rooms - definintely a cut above the rest (and a lot better than the Hilton Kensington which I often stay at too). My only criticism is the absolutely criminally expensive price for breakfast - but that's easily solved by going somewhere else! Tommi's burgers and Golden Hind fish and chips are both nice options for an easy meal nearby.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing about your stay, your feedback is incredibly important to me and my team as we strive to continually improve or service and hotel facilities for our guests.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and particularly pleased that the service you received from our team was a real highlight. We believe that the personal nature of our service (which is very much embodied through the little touches you mentioned) can set us apart and hopefully create long term relationships with our guests that will see them return time and time again. I am sorry that you thought our breakfast was too pricey, whilst we always aim to be in line with the local market we can always learn from your feedback and I promise we will look into it.

Thank you again for your feedback, it was a pleasure to have you with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Booked a return visit to The Marylebone as part of a 'special' birthday surprise for my husband, on check we received a room upgrade to a suite, the rooms we had previously stayed in were always immaculate this one was no exception but had little extra touches for an even more pleasureable stay. Always receive a warm, friendly and pleasant welcome, nothing is too much trouble for any member of staff from housekeeping to front of house, this time Marlise and Gunter went above and beyond to ensure we had a truly remarkable stay, thank you. The hotels location is perfect, less than 5mins walk from Bond Street tube station and Oxford Street, but far enough away to escape the hustle & bustle of Central London. Looking forward to our next visit, wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else when visiting London.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DonnaE412
Dear Guest

A belayed Happy Birthday to your husband! Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your special occasion.

I am delighted you enjoyed your celebratory stay and thrilled you decided to return to us again, thank you for your continued, loyal support. It was a pleasure to have you return and I hope we can be your home away from home for many years to come.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back!

Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel for three nights and it has been such a lovely experience. The rooms are beautiful and clean (I think this is one of the most important things), the room service is great and polite (keep on with those delicious chocolates you leave in the rooms for night!) and the personal is very very kind. The breakfast is rich and tasty. Also the restaurant "108" is a nice place to dinner. And big thanks also for the free Wi-fi, because I hate when luxury hotels make people pay for it. Last but not least, the position is AMAZING. You take 5' on foot to reach Oxford Street. I hope to come back soon. Love from Italy, xx. P.S. Big thanks also to Enrico at the entrance of the hotel, he was very kind, helpful and sweet.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Italian G
Dear Guest

I absolutely loved “Amazinglebone”, a definite first for us and I am thrilled you were so impressed with your stay!

Whilst I am very happy that you enjoyed your room, room service and breakfast I am most pleased that our service was a real standout and to know that you thought our employee’s were “so very kind” is incredibly motivating. We want to be known for the genuine and personal nature and warmth of our service so all our guests can hopefully feel at home.

Thank you for writing about us and I am looking forward to welcoming you back!