The Marylebone
Orbitz.com
$212
Travelocity
3,824 results
All reviewswelbeck streetbond street tube stationoxford stdeluxe roomregents parkturn down servicequiet streetnespresso machinespecial thanksfantastic hotelhigh streetafternoon teaexcellent locationwest endfew minutes walkrooms are smallgunther
Reviewed March 8, 2014

No record of booking at front desk at all. We had to dig up the email to prove we had one.
Left us waiting in the lobby for half an hour as they "thought we had a room". If not for us pestering the front desk, we would have missed our treatment and might still be sitting there now.
Absolutely zero!! explanation of how the day works, where the facilities are, etc....
Decent massage although no notice given that it had actually finished and I should get dressed (I wonder if I was allowed a shower?). In keeping with the hotels "zero explanation" policy I guess.
Then went for afternoon tea. Concierge showed us to our table (which btw is in the hotel lobby?! I enjoyed the long in depth work related conversation that the surgeon sitting next to me had on his mobile phone)
Interrogated by the waitress on our booking - at the top of her voice in a quiet lobby. Weird!
Then the waitress comes back and tells us the kitchen is closed for another 30 minutes and afternoon tea isn't being served.
Odd given that they serve other food all day long.
Then she comes back 10 minutes later to say it is open and would we like to move tables.
Once you've gone upstairs, you can't access the facilities again via the lift without assistance from the "booking police" - I mean staff. My partner gave up in the end and got changed in the toilets. Just shy of £200. They are having a laugh!!!
I'm sure its a nice hotel to stay in but don't bother booking a spa day

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Philfav
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Guest

I am bitterly disappointed to read that we did not deliver the service and experience you quite rightly would have expected of us. Please allow me to start by apologizing unreservedly, the problems you experienced on arrival and throughout in terms of your package and our internal communication is simply unacceptable.

After investigating it seems that the majority of the issues you experienced were caused by the fact that we simply did not have your reservation in our records and therefore were totally unprepared for your arrival. Regardless of whether this was our or the original booking agent’s oversight I am incredibly sorry that your stay was clearly marred and that the problem was further exasperated by our poor communication during your afternoon tea. I hope you can accept my personal assurance that we discussed your experience in great detail to not only learn from it but importantly rectify the service and communication issues that was highlighted. Whilst I totally understand your reluctance to return to the Marylebone based on this experience I hope my personal apology and genuine assurance that we will rectify these gaps in our service and communication will allow you to consider returning. I would therefore be most appreciative if you would reach out to me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection com so we can at least start a conversation which I am hoping will result in a return visit. I know we can meet and exceed your expectations and do hope you will give me and my team the opportunity to do so.

I look forward to hearing from you.

With renewed apologies

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I booked this hotel for myself and several clients for one night as part of a business trip based on a recommendation and wasn’t disappointed. After an initial issue over rates at the time of the original group booking which was swiftly resolved by the General Manager, my experience was exceptional.
From the moment my taxi pulled up outside, every single member of staff was very welcoming and friendly and made me feel like a valued guest. It was a lovely touch to be given a hot refreshing hand towel on arrival and bottle of water for my journey when I checked out.
The superior room was superb, spotlessly clean, comfortable bed with excellent facilities including a coffee machine, ipod docking station, robes and wonderful toiletries. OK, not the biggest room or bathroom in the world but perfectly adequate.
Unfortunately it was only a flying visit as I arrived late at night and had to leave early so was unable to make use of the spa, bar or restaurants but I would have loved to have stayed longer.
Overall, in an excellent location and I would have no hesitation in staying again or recommending this hotel to my clients and am pleased to have discovered this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Clubfiz
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review following your recent stay with us!

I am thrilled that you described your overall experience as “exceptional” and particularly pleased that the welcome, friendliness and general service you received from our team was a real highlight and made you feel special. Thank you for recommending us to others, word of mouth will always remain the most powerful form of referral and your support is incredibly important to me and my team.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I spent 4 nigths at this hotel and it was a great experience. I was a little bit afraid with the size of the bedroom (considering other comments), but it was not so small. The lounge area is very pleasant. From the front desk to the restaurant, the service was impecable. The bedroom was very comfortable: nice bed and all the items that you may need. The location is nice, as I consider Marylebone one of the best neighborhoods in London, for a tourist. Strongly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

I am delighted you thought we were a “great choice”, thank you for choosing the Marylebone!

It is incredibly motivating for me and my team to read that you thought our service was “impeccable” across the board, we genuinely love being part of our guests’ experiences and want to hang our hat on the professionalism, personalization and consistency of our service.

Thank you so much for writing about us, I hope to welcome you back very soon and look forward to meeting you when you return.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I booked this hotel as a birthday treat for my mum. I notified them that it was for her birthday and they upgraded us for free as well as putting a bottle of bubbly and a birthday cake in the room when we arrived.

Excellent friendly staff. Great location (10 min walk to Regent street) and the spa facilities make for a wonderful relaxation after a busy day in the city.
Thank you to the staff, you made my mums bday a really special and memorable experience. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Travelling-LifeQuest

Dear Guest

I am delighted you chose us to celebrate your mum’s birthday, thank you for trusting us with such a special occasion.

So happy that our team made your time with us memorable and truly special, it is the very best feedback we could ever ask for and exactly what we strive to achieve for all our guests.

Thank you for writing such a glowing review about us, I am delighted you will definitely be returning and look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I got this room through the HotelTonight app. It was down to £160 from over £200, combined with the free credits I'd amassed, I only spent £50. That in itself is still more than I'd usually spend on a single night in a hotel so I had high expectations. Considering I'm usually an AirBNB kind of a girl, this was far and beyond the standard of place I'm used to, and I was blown away by the swish marble bathroom, thick bathrobes, complimentary toiletries and luxurious bed linen. However, the room itself was a bit tiny (according to the fire escape map on the back of the door, it was the smallest on the floor) which is pretty irritating since there's presumably no discount for less floorspace. Plus I'd chosen this hotel because it seemed really quirky and colourful in the photos but in practice our room was entirely cream and beige which was just a bit characterless, especially compared to the plush reception areas downstairs and the textured corridor walls.

I was also disappointed by the rubbish television selection; just the basic terrestrial channels plus several for sport. I'd expected the full Sky package, at the very least, and was surprised by the lack of films available. Sort it out!

That said, the staff were delightful, and the bed phenomenally comfortable. It was quiet, calm and relaxing, despite being so central, and Marylebone really is an untapped resource for shops, bars and restaurants. If you can afford to splash the cash (or you've got HotelTonight on your phone), this hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us, we place enormous value on the feedback we receive from our guests and view your comments as a powerful tool for improving and enhancing our service and Hotel facilities.

Overall I am delighted that you enjoyed the experience and very happy to hear that you would recommend us so highly to others. It is a pleasure to read that you were impressed by the service you received from our team and that you enjoyed the comfort and general design of your bedroom and our public spaces. However, I am sorry that you felt the room was less spacious than you expected and that you were disappointed with the in room entertainment selection. In terms of room space I am very confident we have an option available that will not only tick the space box but also reflect value so please do reach out to me when you plan your next visit on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com. I totally take your comment regarding the range of TV channels on board and will definitely look at what we need to do to increase the variety and choice, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

It was a pleasure to have you with us; I hope to welcome you back soon and please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can ever assist in any way.

Best wishes