“amazing hotel, amazing neighborhood!”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #65 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed at The Marylebone Hotel from Dec 20-22rd, 2013.......it was a great experience. Ironically an even more special (and memorable one!) as the courteous staff there assisted me re: some initial drama (my deal, not the hotel) minutes after arriving at the hotel..........

Upon checking-in after a looooooong non-stop from Los Angeles to London, I realized my wallet was missing from my handbag. A very frightening realization.....as it had my entire life in it. Yes, everything from credit cards, healthcare cards and my California drivers license. Scariest part, this was only day 1 of my 23 day overseas trip. Fortunately I was carrying some cash in pounds sterling that I had placed in a separate envelope in my bag. Anyways........ I had a strong sense that left my wallet somewhere at the airport vs. it being stolen. Gunther at the front desk along with Rahim (manager) helped call around and yes, we finally tracked it down at Heathrow - a miracle in and of itself!

Since my room had already been fully paid for (at the time of my online booking!), they allowed me to still check in to a room. I quickly dropped stuff off in my room and jetted off back to Heathrow. I was able to retrieve my wallet - thanks to some very honest store owners at the arrival lounge (where I stopped to buy something before taking the Heathrow Express in to London).

Back at the hotel, finally at 9pm........I came straight to the front desk to put a credit card down for incidentals during my stay......and Gunther, with a smile on his face handed me another card along with my credit card and said "I think you might need this tonight".......it was a card (voucher) for a complimentary drink at the bar. Super thoughtful.

180 Bar/ Lounge + Restaurant: very charming, great staff and delicious food.
I ended up having a drink and dinner at the hotel that same night. Everything was great.......vibe, staff, menu + food. I ordered the fish n chips and yes, a drink - an amazing cocktail......made with fresh juices and tons of mint leaves!

Overall, loved the intimate + beautiful boutique feel of The Marylebone Hotel......had a really nice hotel room w/a smallish bathroom (smallish by American standards, not European). Random side note = loved all the fittings in the bathroom + heated floors. Also, enjoyed the spa downstairs, healthy smoothies/ fresh pressed juices @180 juice bar and appreciated the courteous staff. Marylebone itself is a great neighborhood in London. Marylebone High Street = very charming so do check the area out!

I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend The Marylebone Hotel to anyone visiting London and considering booking a room here.........

Buon Voyage........

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ciaobella1001
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Guest

Amazing review, thank you! Your wonderful feedback is music to my ears and I am thrilled you had such a positive experience with us.

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your wallet, I can only imagine the nightmare you were faced with and I am very happy that it all worked out it the end. Our team really are people’s people, they enjoy being part of our guests’ experiences and will always help in any way they can, as in the case of Gunther and Rahim on concierge. I will most definitely be sharing your kind words and know they will be most appreciative.

Marylebone Village is indeed a very special spot in Town; it has the charm, vibrancy and quaintness of a real English Village with an abundance of brilliant independent little shops, café’s, bars and some great restaurants to boot. The Village also happens to be only 5 minutes from Oxford and Bond Street so it really does offer the best of both worlds.

I am thrilled you have already decided to return and very grateful for your personal recommendation. I hope we can be your home in London for many years to come and very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Elegant modern hotel. Excellent location, near shopping on Oxford Street and Marylebone Road, and the wonderful museum, the Wallace Collection. My room--737--was quiet. It was a bit small, but actually a good size compared to rooms in other London hotels I've stayed at. The swimming pool was a big--about 60 feet long and the gym facilities were good. The staff were helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank JHT1622

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about us.

I am delighted you enjoyed your overall stay and very pleased that you would definitely stay with us again.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The staff are very courteous & obliging (esp. Gunther). The lounges & furnishings are tasteful & attractive. Location is excellent. The hotel caters well for both business & pleasure. The gym is convenient & well equipped. Rooms are comfortable & the tea & coffee making facilities welcome. We have no hesitation in recommending The Marylebone.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with innstant.com
1  Thank Annieboxer
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Guest

I am thrilled we are your preferred choice in London, being a “home away from home” for our guests is our number one priority and your wonderful feedback is incredibly encouraging and motivating for us as a team.

I am very happy that you enjoyed everything about the Marylebone including the warmth and professionalism you received from our staff. I am very fortunate to be surrounded by a passionate and dedicated team, brilliant people like Gunther who loves nothing more than looking after our guests. Thank you for highlighting they’re and in particular Gunther’s service, we very much appreciate your kind words.

Thank you for choosing us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My wife stayed in the hotel with our daughters. All the staff is very kind. In particular Gunther Schildwachter help them to improve our stay. Rooms were very comfortable. Location is excellent. In particular, one of our daughters forgot her phone in the room after we checked out and staff has very helpful in restoring it to us. Definitely will come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank FinkR
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you and your family with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your time in our company and particularly happy that our staff and the service you received made such a positive impression. Thank you for highlighting Gunther, he is a wonderful ambassador for our team, he genuinely cares about our guests and I know he will be delighted when I share your kind words.

I am delighted you will definitely be back and very much look forward to meeting you when you return.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed in The Marylebone Hotel for a weekend a couple of weeks ago. The staff were very polite and happy to assist, the room was a great size for a city hotel and very clean. The location was great, Oxford Street and Marylebone High Street only minutes away. It was a perfect hotel for us.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sally F

Great review, thank you!

It was a pleasure to have you and your husband with us and I am thrilled you thought we were the “perfect” hotel for you. I hope we can be your “home away from home” whenever in town and please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally if I can ever assist in any way.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed here on a Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary and dine at one of our favourite restaurants nearby. The staff were attentive and extremely polite and professional. The room (a superior double) was well appointed and furnished to a high standard. Our room on the third floor was spacious and very quiet - amazing given how close to Oxford Street this hotel is. It is ideally situated for any visitor to London wanting to be right at the heart of the city.

Room Tip: 336 was our room number
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ratomago

Dear Guest

A belated Happy Anniversary! I am delighted you chose us to celebrate such a special occasion.

I am thrilled you enjoyed our location, your room and most importantly the service you received from our team. Ultimately, we believe exceptional moments and experiences are always created by people and that our guests will want to return if, as a team, we can make them feel truly at home.

Thank you for writing about your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

What a lovely hotel! The reception room was beautiful and the staff was courtesy and friendly. It had numerous sitting areas scattered around on the main floor. We especially loved the Red Room. The restaurant was nice and the food and staff were great. Kudos to the bartender for very good margarita's! The rooms were clean and very quiet. We will definitely be back and we will refer friends to this lovely hotel. It has a short walk to Oxford St., where you can shop,eat or catch the Underground tube.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DukeFlynn

Dear Guest

I loved reading your review, thank you for writing and telling others about your time with us.

It was a real pleasure to read you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from your room to our service and it’s brilliant you also had time to sample the food and drink in 108. We are on an exciting journey as we evolve our Food and Beverage offering and it is very motivating and encouraging when our guests comment so positively on their experiences.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope to meet you in person when you return.