“Just superb....”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #72 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Centrally located with easy access to Shopping, sightseeing and Theatre areas with tube only 5 mins away. Extremely comfortable and well presented facilities/bedrooms - just perfect to relax at the end of a busy day. Superb staff in all areas (front of house and housekeeping) who made our stay all the more memorable by their attention to detail and interest in our enjoyment. Excellent breakfast and afternoon tea. Cannot praise staff highly enough and cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ColmSW
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a “superb” review following your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and particularly pleased that you felt our staff was a real stand out. Your high praise for our team is incredibly motivating, I am so fortunate to be surrounded by people who truly care and love what they do and I can assure you that your kind words will go down an absolute treat with everyone here.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,664)

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We enjoyed the hotel. It is clean, rooms are nicely designed (nothing fancy, but totally nice and comfortable), lobby facilities are nice, staff is lovely. We had the smallest size room, and were happy with the room. The bathroom was too small, though. Fine for one person, but too tight for two. Maybe it was our particular room, or maybe all the bathrooms are small -- we're not sure. Next time we'd probably aim for one step up on the room (deluxe rather than superior). Otherwise we were very happy.

1  Thank lkbeep

Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for taking the time to write about your Marylebone experience.

Whilst I am very happy to hear our room, our service and overall hotel ambience ticked all the right boxes, I am sorry that you thought your bathroom was simply not spacious enough. Our entry level room category does tend to be more geared for single travelers and whilst well designed, I can understand your comment about the space being too confined for two persons. I can assure you that our Deluxe Room Category will be much better suited with ample bathroom space and I would be delighted to personally assist prior to your next visit. Please feel free to contact me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com so I can go through the various options and we can choose the very best fit for you for your next stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

One of the best hotel experiences I've ever had (great location, great food and comfort, and outstanding customer focus from the staff) was let down by attempting to add a 'tray charge' to an already substantial service charge for room service. Greedy, and left a bad feeling as I checked out.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard S

Dear Guest

Thank you for telling us about your stay, we value your feedback and will learn from your experience.

Whilst I am obviously pleased that you had an exceptional hotel and service experience, I am deeply disappointed that you were left feeling unhappy and dissatisfied by the tray charge added to your room service order. Tray charges are fairly standard across London but this clearly left the wrong impression of us with you and I fully take your comment on board. We are not in the business of penny pinching and offer a large majority of services such as Wi-Fi, bottled water, newspapers and morning coffee stations entirely complimentary. I would never want any of our guests to feel we are driven by anything other than offering great service experiences from start to finish so will most assuredly take your feedback on board. I sincerely hope that your overall experience will allow you to consider us again and I would welcome the opportunity to personally meet with you when you return. Perhaps you would be so kind as to contact me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com prior to your next visit, I very much hope that we can be your first choice hotel whenever in London and have you as our guest for many years to come.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Thank you so much to everyone at the Marylebone for making me feel so welcome! My room was clean, and comfy! The concierge was PATIENT with me as I navigated my way around London and made sure I knew where I was going. :) I will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest

GREAT review! Thank you for writing such a wonderful review and telling others about the Marylebone.

Your future support is so important to us and I am delighted you will definitely be back. Our concierge team is here for you, they love helping out and I know they will have enjoyed playing a part in your London experience. Thank you for writing so kindly about their service.

We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This hotel is very good, the price for that good hotel at that good location is unbeatable. But some drawbacks are present.
1. Poor mattress made sleep the worst part of stay.
2. Deluxe room (bigger than standard room) is too small with lack of space for clothes in winter.
3. Pool is cold, area full of mold and humidity.
4. You can't open any window for air exchange
5. Weird cosmetics

Now some pros:
1. Best room service (quick and good food)
2. Very tasty breakfast
3. Nespresso on room

Overall, why not to stay again, when Kempinski Stafford cost a fortune :)

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and would consider us again. Thank you for writing about your experience, your feedback is important to me and my team as we look to continually improve our service and product for our guests.

Whilst I am happy to hear you thought we were a good hotel that offered good value with a great location, I am obviously disappointed that there were aspects of your stay which did not meet your expectations. May I kindly request that you get in touch with me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com so we can go through the points you mentioned line by line and I can understand exactly which room you stayed in to investigate some of the issues you raised. We need to learn from your experiences, your happiness is crucial to our future success and we can only improve if we genuinely listen and act on your feedback.

I hope to hear from you soon and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

If you're after something in the West End then I'd suggest The Marylebone would be difficult to beat

Five minutes from Oxford Street and even nearer to the vastly more interesting Marylebone High street, it delivers on quality and price; the staff are a credit to the hotel, the room comfortable and spacious enough for an overnight stay, and the breakfast stand out

Our only complaint would be the queue for breakfast, which although worth the wait did take some time to arrive, but this could be put down to the majority of guests looking for a Sunday morning lie in

At the time of writing I know they are pushing for a Top 30 in London spot, which it well deserves I'd suggest

2  Thank j0ndu8

Dear Guest

A pleasure to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for recommending us to others.

I am delighted you enjoyed our location in Marylebone, the service from our team and the comfort of your room. I am sorry that you had to wait a bit on arrival for breakfast, you are quite right; on Sunday mornings everyone tends to sleep in a little and come down at the same time. I am pleased though that you enjoyed the breakfast offering and service.

Your future support is crucial for us and I hope to welcome you back in the very near future. If I can ever personally assist in any way please do not hesitate to contact me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed for one night on Saturday, great hotel in perfect location, with the best door staff that we have ever encountered in London, immensely helpful, very jolly and a bonus to witness, the now rare, cockney accent working in a central London hotel ! Breakfast was included in our rate and was first class in both content, taste and service. The rooms are perfect, our bathroom was very tight, but this is central London, for us, the comfort of the bed was probably the only minor disappointment, but for one night really not a problem.

We did eat in the 108 restaurant with not so much success, my order was served cold (club sandwich) then reheated !?!? However, a member of staff handled the situation professionally so everything was resolved perfectly.

The location of this hotel with inspirational Marylebone High Street just a couple of minutes walk in one direction and major tube stations in the other, you really couldn't ask for more. And to top it all the cocktails are wonderful.

1  Thank stacey09

Dear Guest

I am thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for telling others about the Marylebone.

It was a pleasure to read that our staff and in particular our boys on the door was a real highlight for you. They are a great bunch, real characters who love interacting and helping our guests and I know they will be delighted when I share your kind feedback. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with the comfort of your bed. It is crucial we get this right so I would be grateful if you would be so kind as to contact me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com, I would like to address this as a priority and need a few more details from you to do just that. Although I am pleased we resolved the club sandwich issue for you please accept my apologies for getting it wrong in the first place. We will always learn from your experiences, both positive and constructive, and I can assure you we take your feedback on board.

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone, I hope to welcome you back very soon.