“London chic”

Ranked #56 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Sydney, Australia
“London chic”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I do love this boutique hotel. It's very stylish, amenities are excellent. Our room (although rather small which I've realised is quite typical in London) is well organised, functional and comfortable. I enjoyed walking the streets, there are numerous restaurants and bars in the area. Location is excellent. Interesting enough, on our first day we had a tour to catch and only had 2 hours allotted to get to the hotel, check-in, and head out to our tour. Our trip from the airport (via tube), and check-in was efficient and hassle-free. We were so stoked to have ample time to get to our pre-booked tour! It also was an excellent hub for shopping! Close to Oxford St., one of my favourite shopping streets in London. We enjoyed our stay at the Marylebone Hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to put pen to paper and writing so eloquently about your Marylebone experience.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, the décor and aesthetics is a very important part of who we are and we have a wonderful Design Team who works closely with our owners to create a chic and sophisticated feel throughout and yet retain the warmth of welcome we pride ourselves upon. The location is definitely a shopper’s paradise, not only with Oxford and Bond Street being so close (only 5 minutes) but also with Marylebone Village itself which feature a number of independent boutiques.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed in Marylebone Hotel for two nights on a weekend visit to London. It was such a wonderful experience...we immediately felt at home, hence, the review title. Friendly staffs at the check-in desk and room service was quick and excellent. Our room like the rest of the hotel was spotlessly clean with a great view from either the bedroom or the sitting room. Location is very good...shopping etc.Oxford St is a walking distance. And the price for all these beautiful and comfortable environment is very very good for a Central London Hotel. Highly recommended. Babatunde Ogunbiyi

Room Tip: Corner suites have great view...room 386!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience, I am delighted you had such a great time with us!

To read that you felt truly welcome and at home with us is absolute music to my ears. We take great pride in delivering highly bespoke service experiences, delivered by passionate and genuinely enthusiastic people’s people. Your kind words are very motivating for us as a team and greatly appreciated.

We all look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for recommending us so highly!

Denbigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed three nights in this wonderful hotel just near Oxford Street. A great base for shopping, enjoying the sights esp. Hyde Park, so you got the best of both worlds.
The staff are so helpful, welcoming and genuine. THe room was well appointed, a little small but i am 6ft and need space. It had great facilities, nice chilled bar area. Great restaurants in the back streets all around the Hotel.
Great after sales service too!! as i stupidly left my boots in the room. A quick phone call and they organised that they were sent back to me ...what service. We were impressed from start to finish of our stay at the Marylebone Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

A pleasure to read your wonderful review, I am delighted you thought us to be “excellent”!

I am thrilled that you were particularly impressed by our staff and our service, the helpful and genuine professionalism you highlighted is exactly what we want to achieve for all our guests and it is very motivating to hear that this was so well reflected in your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write about us, word of mouth remains the most powerful form of referral we could ever ask for.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Service - Very attentive staff. Always happy to help with a big smile and very polite.
Sleep quality - The beds were big and comfortable.
Cleanliness - Spotlessly clean.
Location - Very close to Bond St. tube station. Very close to oxford street. Great Location!!!
Rooms - For a couple they were enough. Beautifully decorated.
Breakfast - Very rich, but wish they would make some changes every other day. We stayed for 5 nites and every day it was exactly the same.
Pool - Went there once, it was a big enough for a swim.

Overall it was a great Hotel which exceeded all our expectations. The hotel has a beautiful Lobby with great art works and sculptures.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevators, otherwise you could be walking some.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GuyTalmor
Dear Guest

Such a lovely review, thank you so much for taking the time to tell others about your Marylebone experience!

I am thrilled that our service, location, rooms, décor and food ticked all the right boxes for you and very happy that we exceeded all your expectations.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I very much look forward to your return.

Washington DC
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great location. Lovely decor. Seems very popular. Rooms a bit small but that's europe. Nice touches with fruit, candy, water but - one evening a continued problem with the plumbing unfixable and the evening manager not very helpful at first. After a few phone calls to have it fixed I had to go down in person only have the fellow on duty ask, "well can't you stay the night in the room?" - what with no working toilet? No. It took another phone call and an hour to get moved. This should have been an immediate fix - new room and no chit chat. But front door and bell staff make the stay a home run! Super friendly, knowledgeable and you actually look forward to chatting with them - Maurice was a great hotel Ambassador. Yes, we'd stay again. The location is excellent to all of London and a short walk to the Bond Street tube.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, it is incredibly important to me and our team as we strive to continually improve our service and facilities for our guests.

Whilst I am very happy that you enjoyed our location and the room décor I am incredibly disappointed to read of our Night Teams’ response when you reported a problem. We absolutely should have moved you straightaway if we were unable to resolve the issue and I am incredibly sorry that this was not the case. I hope you can accept my personal apology and assurance that this is most certainly not indicative of the high service standards we set for ourselves. I will be debriefing fully with our team to ensure we rectify the issue as a matter of priority.

I am pleased though that our bell and desk team impressed and hope that their friendliness and warmth will have reflected the true nature of our service. Overall, it is my genuine wish that you will consider us again in future and I would welcome the opportunity to personally look after your next stay. To this end, I would be grateful if you reached out to me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com prior to your next London trip.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Marylebone.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed in a Superior room which was very well appointed, comfortable and very clean. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel is very well situated for London shopping and the Bond St. tube station - about 5 minutes walk. There are a number of reasonable restaurants St. Christopher's Place which is about 5 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel has gym and swim facilities that we didn't have time to take advantage of. My partner received a wonderful birthday treat from the hotel which rounded off a wonderful weekend so a great big thank you to them. Definitely consider going again!

There wasn't much storage space in the room but given the central London location I expect that this is reflected in the price of the room. We didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on the food - I felt the £16 per head for a continental breakfast was a little steep - we found alternatives nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing about us following your recent stay, I am delighted you enjoyed your time at the Marylebone.

We are blessed with our location; Marylebone Village is ideally located for exploring London with its close proximity to Oxford Street, Bond Street and the West End. The Village is also packed with a number of vibrant restaurants, bars and great independent boutiques so there really is something for everyone. A belated happy birthday to your partner, I am delighted you enjoyed the treat.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Huntington, New York
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at the Marylebone Hotel in May 2013 while in London for our son's wedding. Not only were we well hosted, but so were our entire family from the US in London for the family. The staff is welcoming, helpful, and courteous. The rooms are extremely clean, updated and comfortable. The hotel lobby, restaurant, bar and health club wonderful.The location is central to everywhere.
When visiting London or when recommending a hotel, we will always say, "The Marylebone Hotel".

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Wow, I am thrilled to read your brilliant review! We cannot ask for better feedback than “best hotel experience..”, it’s exactly what we aim to achieve for all our guests.

It was such pleasure to have you all over from the US and I am delighted you enjoyed not only our accommodations but even more so the friendliness and attentiveness of our team. We know how important a warm welcome us for our many guests and our entire service ethos revolves around offering service experiences that are genuine, professional and delivered by people who really care.

Thank you so much for choosing us and recommending others, your kind words and support are greatly appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Best regards