“Best Hotel Experience -Excellent Customer Service and Ammenities, Great Stay”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #70 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at the Marylebone Hotel in May 2013 while in London for our son's wedding. Not only were we well hosted, but so were our entire family from the US in London for the family. The staff is welcoming, helpful, and courteous. The rooms are extremely clean, updated and comfortable. The hotel lobby, restaurant, bar and health club wonderful.The location is central to everywhere.
When visiting London or when recommending a hotel, we will always say, "The Marylebone Hotel".

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Guest

Wow, I am thrilled to read your brilliant review! We cannot ask for better feedback than “best hotel experience..”, it’s exactly what we aim to achieve for all our guests.

It was such pleasure to have you all over from the US and I am delighted you enjoyed not only our accommodations but even more so the friendliness and attentiveness of our team. We know how important a warm welcome us for our many guests and our entire service ethos revolves around offering service experiences that are genuine, professional and delivered by people who really care.

Thank you so much for choosing us and recommending others, your kind words and support are greatly appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Best regards

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,663)

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great hotel! All staff were warm, friendly and helpful. Front desk staff always smiling......thanks to Rahim and Alix who helped with all my questions! Room was a little tight, no view, but the amenities and service made up for it. Wonderful Carrera marbled bathroom, with great fixtures, lotion, shampoo, conditioner. Also requested a refrigerator to store my meds. Turn down service, chocolates and bottled water brought to the room in the evenings. Breakfast buffet plentiful with meats, fish, cheese, breads/croissants, fruit, yogurt. Location was also great. 3 blocks from (hectic) Oxford Street and Bond Street tube station as well as many bus lines. Also 2 short blocks away from Marylebone High Street (and village) filled with small shops, restaurants and bakeries. They can also provide their own "airport car" for transport to the airport.....(best to check with them for rates). Cozy lobby with a couple of different seating areas, displaying some contemporary as well as traditional art. Would definitely return to the comfort, warmth and convenience of this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Barbaque

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about us, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay!

It was such a pleasure to read that you thought we were a “great hotel” and I am very happy that our service, and in particular Rahim and Alix on concierge, was a real highlight for you. They are both incredible ambassadors for our hotel and set a wonderful example of what we aim to achieve with our service.

I am thrilled you plan on returning and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Wonderful Hotel!
Always very friendly and helpful staff. Exceptional clean room and bathrooms. Nice and well equiped bathrooms (however quite small). Very well located in a quiet area between Oxford street and Green Park.
Various good restaurants close to the hotel.
Will definitely return to this nice, friendly and personal hotel! :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 1315181Marianne12345
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Guest

Wonderful review! Thank you for telling others about your experience at the Marylebone.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your time in our company and delighted you plan on returning. Our team genuinely loves what they do and the friendliness and personal nature of our service is a reflection of this passion.

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone and I hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Worked out of the marylebone for a week and really liked it. Location is great - central but quiet. Rooms are small but comfortable. Great home base in London.

Staff went out of their way to make sure everything was taken care of. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MaxArag
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and very much appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your experience.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the unique location of Marylebone Village. With its charming English Village feel, tranquil yet buzzy atmosphere and incredibly close proximity to Oxford and Bond Street (only 5 minutes’ walk) it really is an ideal location for both business and leisure.

I am happy that you plan on returning to us and if I can ever assist in any way please do not hesitate to contact me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com. I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had the pleasure of being a guest for 3 days this month, and I must tell you, as a fellow hotelier, I was impressed!

The staff here is very welcoming, warm, efficient and anticipating, and made us feel really at home from the moment the doorman greeted us. Our accommodations were fabulous, literally every detail thought out, warm touches evident throughout. The multiple and intimate lobby spaces were unique and spot on.

I also want to say that the breakfast experience was exceptional. The variety, the fabulous service, and especially the creative “smoothie” offerings were innovative and really impressive.

If this is the area of London you wish to stay - you cannot go wrong with The Marylebone!!

I compliment you on a wonderful experience and look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bosstowntraveller

Dear Guest

It is always a pleasure to have a fellow hotelier with us, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I am very pleased that you had such a positive experience and particularly happy that you felt welcome and at home from the moment you arrived to the moment we had to say goodbye. It is such a crucial part of our guest experience goals and it is always encouraging and motivating when it is so positively reflected in a guests’ stays. I am very happy you enjoyed your room, the tiny noticeable touches (which we firmly believe make all the difference) and of course the ambience of our public areas. The newly “creative smoothies” at breakfast originates from a POP UP concept with the New York based “The Juicery”, which has turned out to be a very interesting addition to our offering and so far a real crowd pleaser!

I very much appreciate your personal recommendation and I am thrilled you would not hesitate to return. Perhaps we can arrange to meet when you are next with us; it would be a real pleasure to welcome you back to the Marylebone in person.

Warm regards

Reviewed October 7, 2013

hotel location is good. 5-10 minutes walk and you are on oxford street. it is also a quite hotel. region is also good. rooms are good but there is chance that your room s vies can be bad. so becarefull about that. when we enter to hotel which we booked 4 rooms; we had to wait around 4-5 hours to enter room. please when you book your room ;learn about all

Room Tip: ask about check in time and also ask about your rooms first from start.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, it is valued and I take it very seriously indeed as we look to continually improve our service, product and facilities.

Whilst I am pleased you enjoyed our location and the tranquility of Marylebone Village, I am sorry that you had to wait some time to get all your rooms. For very early arrivals we will always prioritize but it will depend on departures on the day and also on specific requests such as yours requesting rooms with specific views. We will always do our very best to honor all our guests requests’ and I appreciate it took some time for us to get all your rooms ready and according to your requests. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience caused.

In terms of arrival time, officially we state 2pm, however we will always do our very best to honor early arrival requests as we recognize and appreciate that many of our guests travel long distances to be with us and we would want all our guests to get settled in comfortably as quick as humanly possible.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

From start to finish we received great service with exceptional attention to detail. We travelled with our grandaughter and it was a lovely surprise for her on return to our room to find a Teddy Bear and other small gifts placed on the bed. We stayed here a number of years ago and liked the hotel and location, there has been a vast improvement in the leisure facilities and the hotel has been refurbished to a high standard. We liked it even more on our return...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DublinHank
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Guest

A wonderful pleasure to read your review, I am thrilled you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, thank you for writing about your experience.

I loved your comment about receiving “great service with exceptional attention to detail”. Our entire service philosophy revolves around delivering unparalleled personalized service experiences where no detail is too small and it is very encouraging when our guests comment so positively on their time with us. Your feedback is appreciated and is incredibly motivating for us as a team, thank you.

I am very happy that that you could see and feel the difference following the extensive renovation program, ultimately the success of any such project will hinge on whether our customers feel and believe we’ve made the right changes and I am thrilled you thought the result was a “vast improvement” on your return.

It was a pleasure to have you and your granddaughter with us; I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Warm regards