“Home away from Home at the Marylebone!!”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #61 of 1,068 Hotels in London
boston
“Home away from Home at the Marylebone!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had the pleasure of being a guest for 3 days this month, and I must tell you, as a fellow hotelier, I was impressed!

The staff here is very welcoming, warm, efficient and anticipating, and made us feel really at home from the moment the doorman greeted us. Our accommodations were fabulous, literally every detail thought out, warm touches evident throughout. The multiple and intimate lobby spaces were unique and spot on.

I also want to say that the breakfast experience was exceptional. The variety, the fabulous service, and especially the creative “smoothie” offerings were innovative and really impressive.

If this is the area of London you wish to stay - you cannot go wrong with The Marylebone!!

I compliment you on a wonderful experience and look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bosstowntraveller
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest

It is always a pleasure to have a fellow hotelier with us, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I am very pleased that you had such a positive experience and particularly happy that you felt welcome and at home from the moment you arrived to the moment we had to say goodbye. It is such a crucial part of our guest experience goals and it is always encouraging and motivating when it is so positively reflected in a guests’ stays. I am very happy you enjoyed your room, the tiny noticeable touches (which we firmly believe make all the difference) and of course the ambience of our public areas. The newly “creative smoothies” at breakfast originates from a POP UP concept with the New York based “The Juicery”, which has turned out to be a very interesting addition to our offering and so far a real crowd pleaser!

I very much appreciate your personal recommendation and I am thrilled you would not hesitate to return. Perhaps we can arrange to meet when you are next with us; it would be a real pleasure to welcome you back to the Marylebone in person.

Warm regards

Frits Potgieter, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed October 7, 2013

hotel location is good. 5-10 minutes walk and you are on oxford street. it is also a quite hotel. region is also good. rooms are good but there is chance that your room s vies can be bad. so becarefull about that. when we enter to hotel which we booked 4 rooms; we had to wait around 4-5 hours to enter room. please when you book your room ;learn about all

Room Tip: ask about check in time and also ask about your rooms first from start.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, it is valued and I take it very seriously indeed as we look to continually improve our service, product and facilities.

Whilst I am pleased you enjoyed our location and the tranquility of Marylebone Village, I am sorry that you had to wait some time to get all your rooms. For very early arrivals we will always prioritize but it will depend on departures on the day and also on specific requests such as yours requesting rooms with specific views. We will always do our very best to honor all our guests requests’ and I appreciate it took some time for us to get all your rooms ready and according to your requests. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience caused.

In terms of arrival time, officially we state 2pm, however we will always do our very best to honor early arrival requests as we recognize and appreciate that many of our guests travel long distances to be with us and we would want all our guests to get settled in comfortably as quick as humanly possible.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back and thank you again for your feedback.

Maynooth, Ireland
Reviewed October 6, 2013

From start to finish we received great service with exceptional attention to detail. We travelled with our grandaughter and it was a lovely surprise for her on return to our room to find a Teddy Bear and other small gifts placed on the bed. We stayed here a number of years ago and liked the hotel and location, there has been a vast improvement in the leisure facilities and the hotel has been refurbished to a high standard. We liked it even more on our return...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DublinHank
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest

A wonderful pleasure to read your review, I am thrilled you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, thank you for writing about your experience.

I loved your comment about receiving “great service with exceptional attention to detail”. Our entire service philosophy revolves around delivering unparalleled personalized service experiences where no detail is too small and it is very encouraging when our guests comment so positively on their time with us. Your feedback is appreciated and is incredibly motivating for us as a team, thank you.

I am very happy that that you could see and feel the difference following the extensive renovation program, ultimately the success of any such project will hinge on whether our customers feel and believe we’ve made the right changes and I am thrilled you thought the result was a “vast improvement” on your return.

It was a pleasure to have you and your granddaughter with us; I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Warm regards

Porto, Portugal
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Overall the staff is great. We had some issues with the first bedroom we got and immediately reported it to the night staff. They were not helpful at all, but on the following day the assistant front desk manager was amazing and sorted it out. She gave us an upgrade to an excellent room.
Some of the standard rooms are very small, with small toilets.
The location is great, 2 min walk to Marylebone High St. The amenities are very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, it is absolutely essential as we strive to offer the very best service experiences, consistently.

Whilst I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay and our service in general, I am sorry to hear that you experienced a few issue with your first room and that our initial response was not as helpful as it could and should have been. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in a little more detail so please contact me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com. I take your feedback very seriously indeed and I am determined to understand all the facts so we can deal with the issues you experienced appropriately.

It is encouraging though that our Assistant Front Desk Manager managed to turn the situation around for you and I appreciative your patience with us. I do hope that your overall experience will allow you to consider returning to us and I hope to welcome you back to the Marylebone in the very near future.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you again for your feedback.

Best regards

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for two days, and will never stay anywhere else in London... The staff was incredibly lovely to us at every opportunity. The room was a bit small, but a jewel box... Every detail was perfect.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Globetrotter167
Dear Guest

Wow, it doesn’t get any better that knowing you thought your experience with us was “perfect”! Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay.

I am delighted you and your daughter had such an enjoyable time with us and to hear you will never stay anywhere else is absolute music to my ears. If I can every assist in any way please do not hesitate to get in touch on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com or simply ask for me whenever you are at the Hotel.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Lincoln
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband & I have just spent a couple of nights at the Marylebone Hotel. We have a very sick relative who is staying in the Harley street Clinic (which incidentally is a very short walk away). The staff were able to apply some calm to the otherwise stormy experience we would have had if we had stayed anywhere else. The check in was so easy, the staff were friendly and all remembered our names and enquired after our day. The rooms are spacious and smelt beautiful as there are aromatherapy products everywhere including candles burning in the lobby. The decor throughout is elegant but homely but definitely not shabby. The breakfast was a very calm experience and the variety of foods was wonderful. There are quiet little bolt holes all over and of course the fabulous gym/pool area and spa for the more adventurous. Gunther on reception could not have been more helpful and nothing was too much trouble. I can definitely recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: We booked through get a room. The whole process was seamless.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing about us following your recent stay and telling others about your Marylebone experience.

I am sorry to hear of your sick relative, I can imagine how difficult it must be for you and your husband. It is good to hear that you felt cared for and looked after by our team and I hope we managed to make you as comfortable as possible given the circumstances. Thank you for noting Gunther in your review; he genuinely cares for our guests and I know he will greatly appreciate the mention.

Thank you for personally recommending us and I am very pleased you would stay with us again. If I can personally assist in any way please reach out to me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com.

I hope we can be a home away from home for you again when you are next in London.

Best wishes

Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We travel to London regularly for both business and pleasure and stayed in different hotels in different areas before. At the end of September 2013, we had the pleasure to stay in The Marylebone Hotel for the first time and we can highly recommand it. The hotel is ideally located for both sightseeing and shopping in a quiet street in Marylebone. There are many nice restaurants in the area too. The interior is very stylish with many facets. e.g. the lobby has different areas from modern design to classic British. Cleaniness: Everywhere! ...but what the Marylebone Hotel really differs from other hotels in London is the quality of the staff. From the moment you enter the hotel (or even in front of the door!) you are surrounded by a friendly and professional team. In particular we would like to point out Nora; her attentiveness, hospitality and commitment truly impressed us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review following your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled you had such an enjoyable stay and particularly happy that you commented so positively on the service you received from our staff. Thank you for highlighting Nora as someone who really impressed. She is an amazing young lady and a superb asset to our team. The commitment, warmth and professionalism she exudes set a perfect example for us all and I know she will be incredibly grateful when I share your feedback.

It was such a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone and we all look forward to welcoming you back!