“Out of this world !!”

The Marylebone
Ranked #59 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“Out of this world !!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I honestly can't recommend this hotel enough ... I e-mailed Frits ahead of my arrival to the hotel just ask a few questions and explain why we where staying at the hotel .. (Sort of honeymoon) we arrived to very friendly and help staff who couldn't do more to help us .. We had been upgraded to a better room than booked , room covered in rose petals chilled bottles of champagne and lovely card congratulating us . We visited the spa the next day where we found the most lovely staff ever , super helped advised of places to go things to do as we had nothing booked . Spa treatments where brilliant . Location of the hotel is perfect , close to everything u need ! On our last night we had hot milk and lovely chocolate lollies left for us , loads of personal touches which were so lovely. Staff at reception helped whenever we asked with directions etc . Overall this hotel is a 5 star hotel in our eyes . Can't wait to come back and bring out children ! Thanks for an amazing stay !

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank JadeAnderson
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind words, it was a pleasure to plan your stay with you and I am just delighted you had such a great experience.

Our team (me included!) love being part of our guest experiences and the tiny noticeable touches is simply a reflection of our enthusiasm and passion. I am so pleased that you plan on returning to us and do let me know if I can personally assist in any way for your next break.

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Loved this hotel! Well-appointed, friendly, professional and efficient service and an AMAZING head concierge Rahim! He is a consummate professional, attends to his guests, remembers them and makes things happen for them! He found me 3 nearly impossible-to-find West End show tickets in minutes! He's amazing! The hotel also has an exemplary bell staff team. My superstars were: Armel, who went far beyond the call of duty to assist me. He was helpful, patient and attentive; Emmanuel and Rafael. Front desk agent Babu was also amazing and attentive; my wonderful stay started with his courtesy and professionalism. This hotel is a gem, but with superstars like Rahim, Armel, Emmanuel, Rafael and Babu, they make it nearly impossible to choose to stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: My only tip is: some of the rooms are incredibly compact but still well appointed. If you want more...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank treva m
Dear Guest

I am thrilled to read you “loved” our hotel. We could ask for no better report from our guests and I am simply delighted that you had such a great time with us.

I wholeheartedly agree with your comment regarding Rahim and his brilliant team, they are such a passionate bunch and genuinely care about each and every one of our guests. Armel, Emmanuel, Rafael and Bablu will be over the moon when I share your fantastic review, thank you so much! We firmly believe that offering a bespoke, personalized service through people with a genuine passion and caring nature will allow us to build trust and long term relationships with all our guests. Your feedback is a clear testament that our philosophy and drive to achieve this goal is indeed the right approach and serves as a great motivator for me and our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone and hope to meet you in person when you return.

uk
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Chosen for its location close to Hyde Park, but also Oxford street, Leicester Square and Covent Garden are within walking distance (up to 30 min). Delighted that on arrival at about 11 am we were allowed an early check in as there was one one room available. Fanny, who was at reception, was ever so pleasant and accomodating. Room wasn't huge, but felt very comfortable, very quiet as well. Leisure club has excellent facilities. Staff generally appeared very friendly and helpful. I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to anybody

2 Thank wittetulp
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read you were pleasantly surprised by your recent stay with us and very appreciative that you would have no hesitation in recommending us to others.

Thank you for commenting so positively on the friendliness and helpfulness of our employee’s and in particular for highlighting Fanny, who is one of our absolute stars. She will be thrilled when I share your kind words.

It was a wonderful pleasure to have you with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Quality, quality, quality and the best management and staff we've ever encountered in our wanderings throughout Europe. Five star hotels are "five star hotels," by which I mean they all provide excellence in decor, comfort, attention and cleanliness. The Marlyeborne matches any we've stayed at in the past, but exceeds any we've visited in their personal attention to their clients (or at least to us.)
We (wife, granddaughter and I) spent our four days in London during the beginning of July at the Marlyebone. It was the first stop of our get acquainted visit to the city and immediately became our haven from the onslaught of all the sites and sounds of London. That is, London was fast paced....and we kept up..., but it was soooo nice to get back to the smiles, attentiveness and comfortable welcome of the Marlybone. From the people at the front desk and door to the general manager and director of room services to our housekeepers and to those who staffed the dining areas, we were always made to feel that we were their center of attention. It was a special feeling.
Thanks to all of you who made our stay the best in memory.

1 Thank KenM317
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest

I am incredibly appreciative of your thoughtful and kind review, thank you ever so much for so eloquently telling others about your experience.

It was an absolute privilege to have you, your wife and your granddaughter with us and I genuinely enjoyed our chats during your stay. I know you had an incredibly hectic schedule and you seemed to have managed to do so much whilst in our City, I was suitably impressed! I am so pleased you commented so highly on our team here, they adore being part of our guest experiences. I firmly believe that our genuine approach to service and quite frankly everything we do, coupled with the fact that I am surrounded by a very passionate bunch of individuals, really make all the difference and will hopefully help to set us apart in some way. The fact that you and your family felt cared for and special means the world to us and we hope to make all our guests feel exactly this way.

Thank you for choosing us, for making us your “home from home” for a little while and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes

Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have never been to this hotel before, but I can garantee that we will come back. I recomend this hotel to everyone. Amazing facilities and service. I have never stayed at a luxuryhotel like this before and it is worth every pound!

Room Tip: The rooms is a bit small, so if you like a big room I recomend you to upgrade.
1 Thank Victoria S
Dear Guest

“Amazing” review, thank you so much for telling others about your stay.

I am incredibly happy that you not only had a great time with us but that you would also not hesitate to return. I am very appreciative of your personal recommendation, word of mouth remains the most powerful form of referral and I cannot thank you enough for talking so positively about us.

I hope to welcome you back very soon for what I hope will now be your new “home away from home”

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My partner Karen and myself have just returned home from a stay at this wonderful hotel. The location is great,situated less than 5 minutes walk from Oxford Street. The hotel is spotlessly clean and well laid out,nice comfy chill out sofas just off the reception area and a great bar and restaurant to the rear of the building. The staff are very welcoming and their professionalism and attention to detail is exemplary. I celebrated my 50th birthday during our stay and the staff made it even more memorable by giving me a birthday card,cake and some champagne. Thankyou Maria (Restaurant 108) for organising that.We will most definitely stay at the hotel again.

Room Tip: Bathroom in our room was small but functional.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gareth L L
Dear Guest

Happy 50th! I am thrilled you had a great time with us and very happy that you would return again.

It gives me great pleasure to read that our brilliant team stood out for you, I am blessed to work with wonderful people who genuinely care and quite simply love what they do. Maria is one of our absolutes stars and I know she and the rest of our team will be incredibly appreciative when I share your kind words.

It was such a pleasure to have you with us and I hope we will be welcoming you back again very soon.

Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed July 12, 2013

To state the obvious, London is a very large, expensive city, with tons of options for accommodations. Any decision about where to stay in London boils down to what area of the city you wish to be in, your demands for certain conveniences and what your budget will allow. In our case, we needed a hotel for one night at the beginning of a visit to England, and while we wanted something with more character than the standard business class hotel, we didn't want to pay a lot for what would be a fairly short stay. We zeroed in on the Marylebone area and researched hotel options, ultimately deciding on The Marylebone Hotel based on the many positive reviews on TripAdvisor and other sites. We knew the room would be small -- though we didn't realize how small the bathroom would be! -- and that the property was a bit off the beaten path. As it turned out, the location was great for us and offered us a chance to do some shopping on Oxford and Regent Streets and choose from a wide range of great restaurants -- all within walking distance of the hotel. And while the room and bathroom were smaller than we're used to, the furnishings were attractive and in good repair, the bed wonderfully soft and the rain shower head in the tiny shower powerful and amazing (not too concerned about water conservation, I take it.) For our one night stay, The Marylebone Hotel ticked all the boxes.

I would definitely choose to stay here again but assuming we would be staying longer, I would definitely book a different class room -- we had a superior standard, I believe -- so we would have more room. That said, for the price we paid, I was satisfied with the room we booked this time and felt as though we got a good value for our money. The key for me was I had the appropriate expectations about the hotel and accommodations, and I had booked at a rate I thought was fair.

A note about the area . . . Marylebone is a very pleasant neighborhood and depending on where you are, you're convenient to major rail stations, Tube stops, serious shopping and many of the areas where tourists want to go. All in all, this was a great choice for us, and I would recommend this property to friends -- with the caveats stated above.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor at the front of the hotel, facing the main street. It was quiet. We di...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RedheadedSydney
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience, your feedback is incredibly important to us as we continue to improve our service and facilities.

I am happy to read you enjoyed your time with us and would return, our sole aim is to create long term relationships with all our guests and be a true “home away from home”. I recognize that some of our rooms and bathrooms, particularly in our entry level room categories may not be spacious enough, particularly if you are staying longer but with 7 room categories ranging between 19 and 80 square meters I am sure we have something that will suit absolutely everyone. Incidentally, a number of our guest room categories not only have very spacious bathrooms but also feature bathrooms with both bath and full walk in showers. I would be very happy to personally talk though all the options with you prior to your next visit so please do not hesitate to reach out to me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back and please get in touch prior to your next visit.