The Marylebone
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
3,782 results
All reviewswelbeck streetbond street tube stationoxford stdeluxe roomregents parkturn down servicequiet streetnespresso machinespecial thanksfantastic hotelhigh streetafternoon teaexcellent locationwest endfew minutes walkrooms are smallgunther
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Wonderful experience. Hotel staff is gracious and I loved how the different teas were introduced. Teas are loose and in what look to be large test tubes and you are invited to smell them as well. My companion and I elected to each try three teas--all yummy along with the food. I never felt rushed. In fact, just the opposite. I texted my husband a picture of me on the cozy sofa and he asked if someone would also be providing a duvet since I looked so relaxed! A much needed respite during my busy sight seeing trip to London. And, at two for one, quite a deal!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sazoram
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Guest

I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent Tea with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone.

English Afternoon Tea is all about Theatre, so our team really has fun with the different loose leaf tea’s on offer. The interaction, food quality and of course overall ambience all play a part and we recognise the importance of making it a truly “leisurely” experience.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I booked at the last minute and had not stayed here before. The hotel was in a great location, just off Marylebone High St with its small town feeling but 10 mins from Oxford St. The service from the staff at the hotel was 1st class. The rooms were very good albeit on the small side and the quality of the furnishings and fixtures was very high. We had 2 nights at the hotel and had a great time and would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rick_Huckstep

Dear Guest

Really enjoyed reading you thought we were 1st class in terms of service and location, we can’t ask for better feedback, thank you.

I do note that you thought your bedroom, although well furnished, was a little on the small side and wanted to let you know that we have over 7 room categories with rooms as spacious as 80 square metres. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the various options with you prior to your next stay and I am sure we can find a bedroom that will suit both space and budget requirements.

Thank you again for writing about us so positively and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed for one night as the next day was moving into the Hilton Paddington.Great Breakfast and good service overall.Back Entranceof the Debenhams on OXford Street is only about 200 Metres away.
Also waht made it memorable was watching Manchester United win the EPL this year and also next day Chris Gayle bazing away to his 175 for RCB.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ashokscm

Dear Guest

Well, congrats to Man U for the EPL win and I hope their win helped swing your allegiance in our favour!

On a serious note I am very appreciative of your positive review and feedback, it was a pleasure to have you with us and I am delighted the location and service ticked all the right boxes.

I hope you will think of us again when in London and look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We again stayed at The Marylebone Hotel, the four of us.The good service started at the door already and it carried on subsequently.Very nice rooms, good beds and spotless bedlinen, furniture and fittings are in good condition, no stains on the carpet, sufficient lamps, lights, and amenities.The bathroom size in my room though was reminiscent of my hotel in the Akasaka area,Tokyo, e.g. it was far too cramp.Toiletflush spilled water night and day, i guess the handyman may have had a few days of sickleave? Getting into an elevator was an excercise of very patiently waiting, and it allowed some meditation sessions in front of the closed door. The breakfast was yummy, it should not be missed. We're looking forward to return to The Marylebone, London.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank P B

Dear Guest

I really am delighted that you chose us again for your stay, thank you for supporting the Marylebone.

Whilst I am pleased that you had another pleasant stay and particularly enjoyed our service and the high level of cleanliness of our rooms, I am sorry that you experienced a few maintenance issues along with what sounds like an abnormally long wait of for the elevator. We have 3 elevators for guest use, which is normally sufficient for guest traffic and I can only deduct that we must have had an elevator out for a short period of time or that there was an unusually high guest demand. I’ll certainly look into the matter along with the maintenance problem you raised. As a team we always want to deliver flawless guest experiences and when we don’t get it 100% right we are determined to learn and improve. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope this did not detract too much from the overall experience.

I am very happy that you plan on returning; perhaps you could let me know prior to your next visit. It would be my pleasure to discuss your next trip with you and I would welcome the opportunity to meet you in person when you return.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband,15 month old boy and I have just come back from London where we stayed at the Marylebone Hotel for 4 nights in a double superior room. After reading the extremely positive reviews on TripAdvisor, I was disappointed to see the room we were initially given. It hardly had enough space to fit the baby cot, the sink was clogged and the room was unimpressive. We complained and were told that the standard double superior room is 19 sq. m. and this is standard. Now, I know very well how small London hotel rooms might be, but expected more from this hotel. After the second or third complaint, we were upgraded for free to an executive room, which is why I am giving this hotel 4 stars, otherwise I would have given it 3 at most, simply because I expected a lot more from it. The executive room was wonderful - and what I was expecting to get in the first place. The service at the hotel was overall excellent and the location - hard to beat! We didn't have breakfast included so I can't comment on that, but the room service food was quite good.

Room Tip: We were told that the double superior room is not intended for two adults and a baby/toddler so if you are staying at the Marylebone Hotel and have one (or two), you need to book a bigger room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, it is incredibly valuable to me and the team and we aim to learn from every guest experience.

First of all I am very sorry that you were unhappy with your original room allocation. The Superior Double rooms are not designed for a family of three and I can only apologise if this was not made very clear when you made the reservation. We will certainly ensure this is cascaded to our reservations team for future reference and if you did not book directly please let me know so we can update our information accordingly. The clogged sink is unacceptable and inexcusable, we have high maintenance and cleanliness standards and I can assure you we will address your comment with our team as a matter of urgency.

Our saving grace seems to be our response to your problem and I am genuinely thrilled that we managed to restore your faith with the executive room upgrade and through our overall service and I hope this will ensure you return to us. Our aim is to continually build long term relationships with all our guests that will not only make them feel as if they arrive home when they walk through our doors but will also make them feel genuinely special and cared for.

I do hope that you will choose us again and I would welcome the opportunity to meet you in person when you return to the Marylebone.