“excellent service”

Ranked #59 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Bombay
“excellent service”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

very well located, few blocks from OXford Street, plenty of restaurents and supermarkets close by, good business facilites, and excellent service from reservations, doorman , checkin, concierge, house keeping,all. food in the htoel rstaurent was ok, especially for vegetarians like me, the gym below the hotel was fabulous. only disppointment was that the rooms were small, maybe a little smaller than most good london hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about us, following your recent stay.

I am delighted you thought our service was “excellent” throughout and that our team made you feel genuinely welcome. The Third Space Health Club and Spa is indeed a brilliant facility, with all the latest technology and an 18 meter swimming pool it really does cater for every fitness need. I note your comment regarding the size of your room and would welcome the opportunity to talk you through some of the options available, with over 7 room categories ranging from 20 to 80 square meters in floor space I am confidant we can find a room for you that will tick both space and value boxes. Please let me know prior to you next visit and I would be happy to discuss these options with you.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Best regards

Frits Potgieter, Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I booked the hotel based on the positive reviews online, but I have to admit it surpassed all expectations. From check in to check out everything went so smooth and the staff was splendid. There was a wonderful spa included in the already very reasonable price. Nice neighborhood. I will definitely book Marylebone hotel for my next stay, I could almost consider going back quite soon just to stay at the hotel again. No joke.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank BNRMoller
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest

I am thrilled we surpassed all your expectations, thank you so much for writing such a glowing review following your recent stay!

It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back and I would be delighted to meet you in person when you return so please ask for me at reception when you next arrive.

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone.

St. Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I with 2 friends spent 3 nights at the Marylebone Hotel over the weekend 22-25th March. It proved to be a very cold weekend with lots of snow on the Saturday. The hotel however, compensated greatly for the inclement weather, with friendly helpful staff during check-in. As we waited for our rooms we had a delicious cup of coffee to warm us up.
The hotel is well situated for Central London, handy for both Tube station and main shopping areas.
The staff where all very helpful and friendly and nothing was a problem to them.
The breakfasts selection was very eclectic and I think that most people would have been catered for.
We ate dinner on two occasions in the restaurant and the food was well cooked and presented by attentive staff, whom we could not fault.
The room was a large double/junior suite with a large well designed bathroom and walk in shower. It was tidy at all times with an excellent standard of cleanliness. We also had a large TV, which included Sky sports, which was very well received on the occasion we gave up on the London weather and returned to the hotel for refuge.
If or when we return to London the Marylebone Hotel will be top of our list for another visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gerry g
Dear Guest

I loved your review and I am so pleased you felt welcome and at home whilst with us.

It was indeed an incredibly cold weekend, so unusual for London for this time of the year and I think many of our guests decided to enjoy the hotel rather than venture out. I am very pleased you enjoyed our breakfast and evening dinner service, we want to ensure there is enough variety without moving too far away from our Modern British comfort food aspirations. We very recently (yesterday to be exact!) launched a brilliant new menu which includes a unique variety of 100% British Charcuterie, lovingly prepared right in front of our guests from our new cold cuts kitchen. Watch this space as we continue to bring innovation, fun and great value to our 108 Bar and Restaurant!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, I am very happy that you plan on returning and look forward to personally welcoming you back.

Warm regards

Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Being from London originally, and now living in California, i know the city really well.
I always stay in Marylebone, as its walking distance to everywhere. Ive stayed at various hotels in the area, and its my pleasure to now make this hotel my Marylebone hotel of choice. The staff are friendly, and the rooms are new and fresh. Hotel bar and restaurant are splendid. If you prefer to stroll outside, there are numerous coffee houses and great restaurants. Great pubs are within staggering steps away. Whether wife my wife or alone, again- this hotel is 5*.

Room Tip: If spending more than 4 hours in the room during the day,upgrade to the slightly larger room (for mo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BOCBASH
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for making us your number one choice in London, we know how privileged we are to have your loyalty and custom and genuinely appreciate your support.

I couldn’t agree with you more regarding Marylebone, it literally has it all, a great village feel, brilliant restaurants and bars (I enjoyed your “stagger” distance analogy) and so close to Oxford and Bond Street. A real find….

I look forward to welcoming you back to what I hope is now your new” home away from home”. If I can ever assist in any way, whether prior to arrival or whilst with us, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed one night this week, as usual, friendly staff, clean comfortable room, great service, hard to ask for more in central London. The staff make the place, they are always smiling and happy to help, they must enjoy working there!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank chrisbrinsmead
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing such a great review. It is simply brilliant that you keep returning to us every week and the fact that you are consistently experiencing our service as great is music to my ears.

And yes, our team do love what they do and we hope this is always reflected in their attitude and commitment to our guests. I am very appreciative of your continued support and please do not hesitate to let me know if I can ever do anything to make you more comfortable.

We look forward to seeing you again next week!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was my 6th Stay at this hotel, and every time I come back I am overwhelmed by the service, decor, and the staff. The hotel is definitely a hidden gem off the busy Oxford street, but, in a location that is walking distance from everywhere you want to be including Marylebone, Knightsbridge, Mayfair, Soho, and Piccadilly. While you might want to take the tube, these locations are easily within a 20-30 minute walk. The rooms are updated, modern and have a boutique flair and the colors are soothing. The staff will bend over backwards for you and there is nothing that they can't arrange for you from theatre tickets, to football matches, or afternoon tea.
They can do it all. I love the FREE wi-fi, lovely lounge area and library as well as complimentary business center. Don't hesitate to make it a romantic weekend, or a family affair. They can and will make certain that your stay is TOP Notch. I will continue to come back!!!

Room Tip: Choose a high floor, and try to ask for a studio suite upgrade (well worth the price for this amazin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Loves2LoveLondon
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you keep returning to the Marylebone, thank you for your continued support of us. It was a pleasure to read that you feel looked after by our team and that we are managing to exceed your expectations by simply going the extra mile. We recognize and appreciate how important efficient, consistent and above all a personalised service is to our guests and will continue to recruit, train and develop people who genuinely care for our customers.

It is always a pleasure to be part of our guests’ special occasions and we love adding touches to enhance the experience. I am thrilled you plan on returning again and if I can ever help with reservations or whilst you are with us please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you for writing about us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

London
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed at a suite here with family just before Easter. Suite is great for 3 persons with two tv's. One of the friendliest hotels i have ever stayed in. The staff (especially Raphael at the door) are genuinely welcoming and happy to assist with whatever. Hotel location is great, walking distance to lots of restaurants and shops and they have a lovely indoor pool and gym. Walking distance to Oxford Street and the tube stations of Bond Street and Oxford Circus. They have free tea/coffee fruit and croissants in the mornings available (great for a chilly London morning). Free, fast wifi is also included. The room service meals were good, they took up to an hour one evening to deliver and gave us on the house with plenty of apologies. It is a 4* hotel with 5* service. Would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to stay there. Smalls rooms synonymous with London but excellent service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Wow, to hear you thought we were one of the friendliest hotels you have ever stayed in is absolute music to my ears. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about us.

We are blessed to be in a brilliant location, Marylebone Village is wonderfully quant and our proximity to Oxford Street and the West End is a real plus for all our guests. Thank you for mentioning the friendliness and attentiveness of our service and in particular Raphael, who I know will greatly appreciate your kind words when I share it with him. We have a wonderful team here who love what they do and it’s always great when this is reflected in our guests’ experiences. I am sorry that your room service order was delayed but pleased that our team managed to turn it into a positive, we will never accept any gaps in our service and will always look to learn from your feedback to improve.

Thank you for recommending us so highly to others and I am looking forward to welcoming you back.