“Absolutely,consistently exceeds expectations!”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #72 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Always welcoming,nice touch with handtowels at reception and water bottle as you check out....always comfortable beds and great buffet breakfast with extra polite and attentive service!We stay here 6 times a year at least and they always recognize us.Great discounts on local car parks too!

Room Tip: 4 th floor up are quieter
1  Thank Mark C
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Marylebone. I have to start by thanking you for your continued support, we greatly value your loyal custom and I am genuinely thrilled that you keep on returning to the Marylebone.

We love welcoming our regular guests back and there is nothing more satisfying than knowing that we met and exceeded your expectations. Your wonderful comments are greatly appreciated and will be proudly shared with our team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon and I would love to have the opportunity to meet you in person when you return (if we haven’t already!). Please ask for me at reception when you next arrive.

Thank you once again for choosing us and making the Marylebone your “home away from home”.

Frits Potgieter, Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,664)

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Beautifully designed. Impeccable service. Small but perfect modern-luxurious rooms. Highly recommended.

And here are some words to raise my review to the required 200 character minimum. characters, characters, characters etc.

Room Tip: Get a room near the lifts or it can be a bit of long, complex stroll.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank philipbuxton

Dear guest

Great review, thank you for putting pen to paper and writing about us!

I am delighted that we are currently at the top of your favourite’s list, hopefully we can stay there by never taking your support for granted and ensuring every future stay is better than the last. It was a pleasure to have you with us and I hope to have you return soon. Please give me a heads up before your next stay; I would like to ensure we allocate your room to suit all your preferences, close to the elevators for starters!

Thank you again for posting this review and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Service like the Grosvenor House. Alexa at reception should be a manager (helpful considerate and super efficient) and Rahim the concierge should be promoted-this hotel just gets better and better!!!! Never staying anywhere else

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank ZEEJ2013
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear guest

Wow, thank you so much for your brilliant review!

Both Alexa and Rahim are two of our absolute stars and we are very proud to have them with us, I will be sure to pass on your comments and know they will greatly appreciate your kind words.

I am thrilled that we are your preferred hotel now and look forward to welcoming you back to your “home away from home”.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My partner and I checked in at the Marleybone Hotel for Valentine’s day, we were greeted by lovely, friendly and polite staff and first impressions were great the hotel looked beautiful!

We were taken to our room to be pleasantly surprised by an upgrade! we were delighted. I had also requested to have bath which was also arranged !

Our room was clean, well presented, stylish and just what we wanted. later in the night we were given a complimentary bottle of Champagne with chocolate strawberry’s (as it was valentine’s day) making our night extra special.

we loved the hotel and we will be returning!

1  Thank FranTravelAgent

Dear guest

Thank you for writing about your recent Valentine’s experience with us.

I am delighted that you thought your stay was “amazing” and that enjoyed all the little surprises which we believe is so important in making our guests feel truly special and cared for. It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am thrilled that you loved our hotel.

I look forward to your retuning soon and please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any future reservations or assistance.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Can't beat this for location maybe 10 minute easy walk down the street to Oxford St. I need to shop all the major London Dept Stores twice a year so this location is perfect.

The rooms are not big, but almost never get a big room in London unless hotels are slow and that is rare. Mattresses was not in good shape and spoke to GM about this and he said they were being replaced. The in room and the bathroom amenities are outstanding and everything is provided for. And they have outstanding Turkish towels which of course are the best.

Check in and staff are very, very accommodating and concierge as well. One really very nice feature is the amount of sitting room in the lobby very spacious and relaxing.

Also, suggest taking the breakfast plan as it is a lovely (to use a British word.)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bart85

Dear guest

I am delighted to read that we will now be your regular London address, thank you for choosing the Marylebone!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I greatly appreciate your feedback. We are indeed in the process of changing some of our mattresses as we continue to look at improvements across the hotel, we want to ensure our guests experience the very best in quality and service and your feedback is crucial in achieving this goal.

I am particularly pleased that you mentioned the friendliness and professionalism of our team, great service delivery will always depend on creating bespoke guest experiences through employee’s who genuinely care. I know the team here will be thrilled when I share your kind words.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back and please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can ever be of any assistance.

Best wishes

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was staying in the Marylebone Hotel from Jan 20 - Jan 24, 2013 in room 385.
It was again a perfect stay. Everyone from the staff was so friendly. A big thank you to Rahim the best concierge ever. As well the doorman Nail was amazing, excuse me if I wrote your name wrong. They were great, always smiling means to me that they like their work, congratulations to the manager as you have a very great staff working for you.
The location is as perfect as it is close to Oxford Street but quite in the night. I was always outside during the day so I have had rs in the night...best burgers in town.
I am sure that I will come back soon again whenever I have to stay in London. Big thank you and greetings from Switzerland.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of us, we could not have asked for anything better than “perfect service and great staff”!

I am thrilled that you thought our team was so friendly, both Rahim and Niall are brilliant employee’s who genuinely enjoy looking after our guests. They will be over the moon when I share your kind feedback, thank you. We are incredibly proud to have a team here who absolutely love what they do and this is so clearly reflected in the positivity and enthusiasm you experienced whilst in our care.

It was our pleasure to have you with us and it is I who should be thanking you for choosing the Marylebone, I hope to welcome you back very soon to what I hope is now your “home away from home” in London.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Gorgeous funky hotel in fantastic location. I used to live on Welbeck Street many moons ago so coming back was a real treat. Had heard good things from a reliable friend and was in no way disappointed. Individual stylish rooms on ground floor for relaxing in, gorgeous bedroom and friendly staff throughout. Delicious breakfast choice this morning which came quickly and was so fresh and tasty. We will be returning in next few months as now new favourite. Thanks Marylebone Hotel for a lovely stay and the teddy bear for my daughter.

2  Thank Alex M
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear guest

It was a pleasure to have you and your daughter with us and I am thrilled you thought the hotel was “gorgeous and funky”. Our design team will be over the moon with your comments!

Word of mouth is always the very best form of referral and I am very thankful to your friend for recommending us, we want to offer the very best in personalised service in an atmosphere that is welcoming and contemporary elegant. Your comments confirm we are on the right track and if we continue to place the highest value on genuinely looking after our guests we will create long term relationships that will see our guests return.

I am delighted that we are now your favourite and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!