The Marylebone
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$271
$231
Pullman
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
$160
$131
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$96
$459
$444
Orbitz.com
3,788 results
All reviewswelbeck streetbond street tube stationoxford stdeluxe roomregents parkturn down servicequiet streetnespresso machinespecial thanksfantastic hotelhigh streetafternoon teaexcellent locationwest endfew minutes walkrooms are smallgunther
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed for our honeymoon night on Friday 11th Jan. All I can say is the hotel is fantastic, their customer service is something many other hotels need to take note of. We were made so very welcome. Decor great. Staff wonderful. Breakfast fabulous. Cocktails brilliant. Location so very central. Spa facilities aimed at the after work busy exec rather than a relaxing time and the pool felt chilly, we didn't hang around. But sofas, papers, magazines, chilled out vibe, teas and coffees all at your disposal for relaxing in the lounge areas. Upgraded to a fab suite which was quite small but just lovely. The bathroom was big but had one of those fixed glass screens which mean it's a bit difficult to keep clean all the way round the bath and that showed which had we paid top price for might have been a niggle. But the rest of the room was fabulous. Location was fantastic. Contiental breakfast was exceptional, such a choice and lovely staff. It was definately the staff that made our stay. They were incredible.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Guest

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your Honeymoon night with us, congratulations once again!

It is always a pleasure to play a part in special moments such as yours and whilst I am pleased that you enjoyed the room upgrade, breakfast and cocktails in the bar, I am truly delighted that you thought our team was “incredible” and that they made your stay. They will be so appreciative when I share your kind feedback.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Very smart hotel in a great location especially for shopping and galleries. Nice decor and very calm atmosphere. Would recommend it without hesitation. Very quiet area at night time so a good night's sleep not a problem.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank reluctantourist
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the atmosphere peaceful and calm and most importantly that you had a goods nights sleep! Even though we are so close to Oxford and Bond Street we are fortunate to be located in a quiet part of Marylebone Village so our guests are not surrounded by any traffic noise during the night or day for that matter.

I am thrilled that you recommended us to others and hope to welcome you back to the Marylebone in the very near future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have stayed here before and have alway senjiyed the location, ambience and rooms. This time they seem to have upped their game even more. Every member of staff went out of their way to make sure our every neeed was met. We usually holiday in 5 star hotels, and have not been served better in any of them.
We arrived early, and were give vouchers for 2 free drinks to help us pass the time, so we went to the bar leaving our bags with reception. By the time we had enjoyed the drinks and a light lunch, the barman told us we had been allocated a room. We went back to reception to pick up the keys and luggage, but the luggage had already been taken up for us. As I said - 5* service.
They noticed that we were there exactly one year after our previous stay, so I told them that we werere married from there last year, and were returning to celebrate our anniversary. When we checked out they waived our bar bill as a thank you for returning. A charming and thoughtful surprise.
See you next year!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your brilliant review and for choosing us again, we greatly value your custom and loyal support!

It was a pleasure to read that you thought our team went out of their way to make your stay special and ensure your every need was catered for, great service experiences are ultimately down to the people delivering it and we are very fortunate to have a team here who simply love looking after our guests. I can assure you they will be as thrilled as I am when I share your kind and thoughtful comments.

We want to build long term relationships with our guests and remembering the small details about their last stay and their personal preferences helps us to make every stay bespoke and special. This is a small gesture of our appreciation for your continued support and we hope to not only meet but exceed your future expectations this way.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back and hope to meet you in person when you return.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My Sister and I stayed at The Marylebone on the night of our work Christmas Party. We found the staff to be very welcoming, attentive and nothing seemed too much trouble. Our room was very quiet,comfortable and spotlessly clean. We had everything we needed, tea/coffee, iron etc and housekeeping were very quick when we requested some extra still water. The only criticism we would have is the shower room was a bit small, albeit it with a lovely shower and beautiful essential oil toiletries so only a minor moan. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting or on a shopping trip to London, perfect for Oxford Street or the quieter Marylebone High Street.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone!

I am very pleased to note that you found our team to be welcoming, attentive and genuinely helpful during your stay. We want to ensure our guests feel truly comfortable and at home and our team play the most important role in making this a success. I take note of your comment regarding the shower room size and I am very pleased to inform you that we are half way through a renovation program that will see over 50% of our bathrooms redesigned and updated. We also have a number of room categories with substantially more bathroom space and I would be happy to discuss the options with you prior to your next visit.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very well situated in a quiet street just a very few hundred meters from the West End's shopping turmoil the hotel may not be an architectural landmark but once you step inside....just look at their website:what you see there is what you actually get!The staff were welcoming and smiling after already having helped us over the phone with a reservation issue due to a cancelled flight.Our room (147), although superior, was rather compact and didn't have what you call "a view" but it didn't lack any of the amenities you might expect.Now, if you need space you may want to upgrade.Express,Continental or full English breakfast: lots of choice and good quality well worth the price.The Health Club,Pool and Spa is far beyond what you can find on most hotel premises, take our fitness enthusiasts' word for it.Throw in free fast WIFI throughout the hotel,complimentary mineral water in the room,a choice of free newspapers at breakfast,fine toiletries and more towels and bathrobes than there are hooks and hangers and you get a perfect place to stay.We are returning customers and will be!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

First of all I need to thank you for returning to the Marylebone, we are incredibly grateful and appreciative of your continued support and hope that each time you stay is as good, if not better than the last stay.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed the friendly smiles and welcome from our team again, they genuinely enjoy what they do and being part of our guest experiences. They will be delighted when I pass on your kind comments. I am also pleased that the in room amenities were to your liking and that you enjoyed the breakfast options on offer. We do not want to penny pinch and will therefore do our very best to always offer great value ad’s such as the complimentary Wi-Fi and newspapers, your positive comments confirm that these initiatives are being well reserved with our guests.

It was a pleasure to have with us and I look forward to personally meeting you when you return to the Marylebone.