“Service plus” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #50 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Ottershaw, United Kingdom
“Service plus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have stayed here before and have alway senjiyed the location, ambience and rooms. This time they seem to have upped their game even more. Every member of staff went out of their way to make sure our every neeed was met. We usually holiday in 5 star hotels, and have not been served better in any of them.
We arrived early, and were give vouchers for 2 free drinks to help us pass the time, so we went to the bar leaving our bags with reception. By the time we had enjoyed the drinks and a light lunch, the barman told us we had been allocated a room. We went back to reception to pick up the keys and luggage, but the luggage had already been taken up for us. As I said - 5* service.
They noticed that we were there exactly one year after our previous stay, so I told them that we werere married from there last year, and were returning to celebrate our anniversary. When we checked out they waived our bar bill as a thank you for returning. A charming and thoughtful surprise.
See you next year!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your brilliant review and for choosing us again, we greatly value your custom and loyal support!

It was a pleasure to read that you thought our team went out of their way to make your stay special and ensure your every need was catered for, great service experiences are ultimately down to the people delivering it and we are very fortunate to have a team here who simply love looking after our guests. I can assure you they will be as thrilled as I am when I share your kind and thoughtful comments.

We want to build long term relationships with our guests and remembering the small details about their last stay and their personal preferences helps us to make every stay bespoke and special. This is a small gesture of our appreciation for your continued support and we hope to not only meet but exceed your future expectations this way.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back and hope to meet you in person when you return.

Frits Potgieter, Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

My Sister and I stayed at The Marylebone on the night of our work Christmas Party. We found the staff to be very welcoming, attentive and nothing seemed too much trouble. Our room was very quiet,comfortable and spotlessly clean. We had everything we needed, tea/coffee, iron etc and housekeeping were very quick when we requested some extra still water. The only criticism we would have is the shower room was a bit small, albeit it with a lovely shower and beautiful essential oil toiletries so only a minor moan. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting or on a shopping trip to London, perfect for Oxford Street or the quieter Marylebone High Street.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel which was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone!

I am very pleased to note that you found our team to be welcoming, attentive and genuinely helpful during your stay. We want to ensure our guests feel truly comfortable and at home and our team play the most important role in making this a success. I take note of your comment regarding the shower room size and I am very pleased to inform you that we are half way through a renovation program that will see over 50% of our bathrooms redesigned and updated. We also have a number of room categories with substantially more bathroom space and I would be happy to discuss the options with you prior to your next visit.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to welcome you back very soon!

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very well situated in a quiet street just a very few hundred meters from the West End's shopping turmoil the hotel may not be an architectural landmark but once you step inside....just look at their website:what you see there is what you actually get!The staff were welcoming and smiling after already having helped us over the phone with a reservation issue due to a cancelled flight.Our room (147), although superior, was rather compact and didn't have what you call "a view" but it didn't lack any of the amenities you might expect.Now, if you need space you may want to upgrade.Express,Continental or full English breakfast: lots of choice and good quality well worth the price.The Health Club,Pool and Spa is far beyond what you can find on most hotel premises, take our fitness enthusiasts' word for it.Throw in free fast WIFI throughout the hotel,complimentary mineral water in the room,a choice of free newspapers at breakfast,fine toiletries and more towels and bathrobes than there are hooks and hangers and you get a perfect place to stay.We are returning customers and will be!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

First of all I need to thank you for returning to the Marylebone, we are incredibly grateful and appreciative of your continued support and hope that each time you stay is as good, if not better than the last stay.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed the friendly smiles and welcome from our team again, they genuinely enjoy what they do and being part of our guest experiences. They will be delighted when I pass on your kind comments. I am also pleased that the in room amenities were to your liking and that you enjoyed the breakfast options on offer. We do not want to penny pinch and will therefore do our very best to always offer great value ad’s such as the complimentary Wi-Fi and newspapers, your positive comments confirm that these initiatives are being well reserved with our guests.

It was a pleasure to have with us and I look forward to personally meeting you when you return to the Marylebone.

London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife treated me to a surprise stay at the Marylebone, after eating at a nearby restaurant. It was a memorable stay - we were immediately upgraded to a superior room. The service was impeccable, my wife had to change clothes for dinner, and found the room all made up again for my arrival! She had mentioned it was a surprise birthday stay, and the Front Office had thoughtfully supplied us with a bottle of bubbly on ice, and a handwritten birthday card. Very nice touch - above the call of duty.

The bar and restaurant on the ground floor is plush and well-stocked, as we know from previous visits. The pool as part of The Third Space was empty when we went for an evening swim, so we had the place all to ourselves.
For the last day, we treated ourselves to a massage in the spa - it was very comfortable and pleasant, and the masseuse asked us if there was anything special that needed doing, and customised the message to our needs. All very good.
The checkout was efficient and unhurried, like the rest of the service.
This is a great hotel to stay in if you want some peace near bustling Oxford Street!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DavidSLP
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Guest

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your recent surprise stay at the Marylebone, it is always a great pleasure to play a part in our guests’ celebrations and wonderful when we receive such brilliant feedback.

The tiny noticeable touches you mentioned, we call them TNT’s!, are our way of showing our genuine appreciation that you chose us for your stay and we very much appreciate your custom. Our aim is to make your future stays even better than the last and to personalize our service for you so that every detail is bespoke, from the moment you arrive to the moment we say good bye. Your feedback is therefore incredibly important and useful and I wish to thank you for taking the time to write about us.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We spent 3 nights at The Marylebone Hotel between Christmas & New Year & thoroughly enjoyed our stay. From the excellent efficient welcome & upgrade to a Deluxe room to the quick & easy checkout - we couldn't fault anything. Even the cost was Very reasonable!
The room was a good size for London with a huge comfortable bed, a nice walk in area to store bags & put out clothes, hair dryer, iron, nespresso coffee machine, large flat screen tv & iPod player. Add to this a lovely bathroom with all the amenities - then we had no complaints.
We also had afternoon tea in one of the many lounges in the hotel - this was excellent (& we've tried many afternoon teas in London) & at £19 per head it was a very good price.
We didn't try the restaurant but the bar was nice & comfortable & the snack we had was nice.
The hotel also has complimentary coffee/snacks at various times of the day in the lobby.
It is very near the main shopping streets but is very quiet & when we come back to London we would be very happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: If you can go for a Deluxe room to get the extra space.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to read your review, thank you for taking the time to write about us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our service, found your room to be comfortable and luxurious and also enjoyed your Afternoon Tea experience. We would love for you to try our restaurant when you next return; our Head Chef Russell is a master at using the very best ingredients to create mouthwatering modern British comfort dishes that not only taste sublime but also offers excellent value.

I hope we will now be your home away from home when in London and I would welcome the opportunity to meet you when you next return. Thank you again for your kind and thoughtful feedback and we hope to have you return soon!

North West England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I've stayed here on business a few times over the past few months, and every time I am met with genuinely nice staff who do not fake their interest in guests, but genuinely seem to enjoy their job and go out of their way to help you.

The warm welcome and the beautifully decorated rooms and lobby make this hotel feel luxurious and welcoming. Room size can vary. I have stayed in a very small room which involved moving furniture to draw the curtains, however on the whole this is rare.

The only down side is the fact they charge so much for breakfast and the breakfast is so poor value. I prefer a cooked breakfast, however you can pay over £20 for one item. I paid £23 for an omelette that wasn't even tasty. Unlike other hotels where you pay extra for a cooked option, you do not then have the option to choose multiple things from the hot menu. You only get one! The buffet option is poor. I'd advise eating breakfast elsewhere.

Apart from that, this is a great hotel. I just hope it stops raising it's room prices so often.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing about us following your recent stay.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the friendliness and warm welcome from our team, they do love looking after our guests and going the extra mile to make our guests feel at home. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments.

Taking note of your comments regarding our breakfast pricing I am very pleased to inform you that we have reviewed the price and structure of our Breakfast menu, which now means that you could order multiple items when paying for the English breakfast option. The pricing of both Continental and English Breakfasts have also been reduced in our effort to increase value for our guests and on a quality note we have now introduced a number of new items on the Continental Buffett to enhance the experience.

Thank you again for your feedback which is incredibly important in our efforts to exceed your future expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone.

Best wishes

Otley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Was down in London on business and had a couple of meetings at the hotel so I thought it made sense to stay here. I have stayed plenty of times in the past few years and always enjoyed it. It's a real treat place to stay as I generally find it quite expensive.

The location of the hotel is great. Marylebone High Street is a lovely area to shop in - loads of independent shops/cafes etc plus a few high street chains, but not too many.
I would recommend 'Bonne Bouche' for breakfast if you don't have it in the hotel.
A few minutes walk from the hotel is St Christophers Place, James Street and Oxford Street. The Underground (Bond Street) is about 10 minutes walk from the hotel.

As I went for the cheapest possible option for a room this time, I was given a standard small double. The room was small and cosy and bed comfortable was good quality bedding. It had a full en-suite, this was small but had all the facilities needed. Everything about this hotel is high quality but it is expensive. The TV in the bedroom was modern but a bit 'fiddly' and awkward to use.

The downstairs lounge and bar areas are lovely with loads of comfy chairs and sofas to relax in. The hotel bar is modern and chic and is ideal to have a drink in before going out in to town.

All the staff that I spoke to were friendly and professional.

I would stay here again happily but only if I've saved up!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you always enjoy coming back to the Marylebone, thank you for posting such a positive review.

It is always a pleasure to have guests return as we very much want to create a genuine “home away from home” experience where all our guests feel truly welcome, relaxed and totally comfortable. I noted your comment regarding the television controls and would welcome the opportunity to delve a little deeper to understand exactly what we can do to improve ease of use. Your feedback is incredibly important in our efforts to enhance our service and facilities and we therefore take it very seriously. Perhaps we could arrange to meet when you next return or if you would be so kind as to e-mail me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com so we can discuss your comments further.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope to welcome you back to the Marylebone very soon.

Best wishes