“A Fantastic New Year's Eve”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #61 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We met up with my brother and sister-in-law to celebrate New Year, this hotel was my brother's recommendation and I can now understand why. From the moment we stepped inside the hotel nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are fantastic, we had a suite, the staff are exceptional and the service beyond compare. We had booked in for dinner which was quite delightful and thoroughly enjoyed the evening, ringing in the New Year in the bar with champagne. I would not hesitate in recommending this beautiful venue to anybody and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SharonKev
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing about your New Years Eve experience with us.

I am thrilled to read that you thought our staff was exceptional and the service you received was beyond comparison. This is very much what we want to achieve for all our guests, consistently, and our team are totally focused on being part of every guests’ experience. Thank you for recommending us to others, your loyalty and support is very much appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes for a super 2013!

There are newer reviews for The Marylebone

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed here overnight for a birthday trip to London. First time visit to this hotel prompted by good reviews on TA. Not disappointed at all. Great welcome at check in with apologies for room not yet being ready (we did arrive early) but followed up with surprise complimentary wine and birthday cake found in room later on - nice touch!. We had booked a superior room which had its own lounge area and was very well furnished in a contemporary style. The common areas of the hotel are very well appointed with plenty of places to sit back and relax. The only criticism is that the staff didn't seem to 'patrol' these areas very often and when my wife and I arrived back from a shopping trip to relax and have a coffee we couldn't find anyone to serve us. Great breakfast in the morning with very attentive service and plenty of choice for both continental and full English (even though the hotel is Irish owned so you would have expected a full Irish!). Well recommended.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Throp54

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you thought we are a “wonderful hotel”, thank you so much for posting a review!

It’s always a pleasure to read that our guests enjoyed the welcome on arrival and that the small personal touches, such as the wine and cake for your birthday, was so well received. We aim to offer a genuine, personal service that will make our guests feel at home and want to return and your feedback, both positive and negative, helps us to work away at the areas we can improve. I therefore fully take on board your comments regarding the service in the lounge; we most certainly want to offer a very prompt and efficient service throughout the hotel and will look to close any gaps quickly and permanently. I hope this did not detract from the overall experience and am very pleased to read that you recommended us to others.

Thank you again for your feedback and review, I hope to welcome you back to the Marylebone very soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Marylebone Hotel for two nights between Christmas and New Year. The reception process was welcoming and very efficient and our room was compact but well equipped, overlooking Welbeck Street, but not disturbed by traffic noise. The bathroom with large walk in shower was good and the Aromatherapy Associates products are wonderful and addictive! The bath towels are soft and sufficiently large to wrap around a large person (me) comfortably following a shower and good quality slippers are provided as standard along with dressing gowns so relaxation following a shower is assured. During our stay, we had showers in the morning and before going out in the evening and the towels were replenished and ready to use.

I requested additional toiletries and these were provided in generous amounts, which was wonderful as previously mentioned!

The bed was comfortable and the quilt and pillows aided very restful sleep after busy days.

The hotel is well situated, standing just behind the eclectic mix of shops and restaurants of Marylebone High Street and within a short walk of the major stores on Oxford Street, but thankfully peacefully located...

The restaurant was excellent for both breakfast (which we had only on our first day) and dinner (which we had on our second evening). The fillet steak and fries were perfectly cooked and delicious and the Biggles Sausages were wonderful.

The staff throughout the hotel were helpful and friendly and always used our names once they knew our room number. My sister and her husband met us in the bar on our first night, and they remarked on the overall ambience and felt they would like to stay when they were in London again.

Checkout was seamless and we were offered assistance with onward travel plans and water for our journey. The scented candles burning the the lobby add to the overall relaxing atmosphere and premeate the upper reaches via the lifts. Next time we are in London we will not hesitate to book at The Marylebone again.

2  Thank Kathryn B

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting such a comprehensive and might I add brilliant review!

I really am thrilled to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from the welcome, friendliness and service of our team and importantly the fact that they used your name, to the in room amenities, the quality and comfort of our linen and towellery and also the uniqueness of Marylebone Village. It is also great that you took time to experience our restaurant for both breakfast and dinner and that you enjoyed the fact that we source and use produce, such as Biggles sausages, from local suppliers in Marylebone.

Lastly, I am incredibly thankful that you chose us for your London stay and that you will return. We greatly value your custom and will do our very best to meet and exceed your expectations when you return to what we hope is now your “home away from home”.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have recently stayed at the Marylebone Hotel on a number of occasions throughout December this year. We were always able to check in early and the staff were very helpful and accommodating throughout our stay. The bedrooms are extremely comfortable and well equipped along with the lounge / restaurant areas. The location is perfect within an easy walk of Oxford Street with lots of great restaurants nearby. The best thing about this hotel is the staff who really go above and beyond to ensure the guests have a great stay. In particular Gunter was so very helpful during our stay and on each occasion went out of his way to ensure we were comfortable. We will now always return to this hotel when visiting London as they can always guarantee a top class stay.

2  Thank Sazllewis

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for posting such an amazing review.

I do wish to start by thanking you for your loyal support and for returning to the Marylebone. It is a real pleasure to have you with us and our team genuinely enjoy making guests feel as if they are returning home. Gunther is one of our absolute stars, he simply loves looking after our guests and I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

It is wonderful to know that you plan on returning again and I would welcome the opportunity to meet you in person so please ask for me when you next arrive.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

The Marylebone Hotel, is an under-stated, but excellent place to stay. The warm welcome on arrival at reception is much appreciated and whenever I have checked in early, there has always been a room available straight away. (This is a real bonus)! Once you have checked in, you are offered a hot flannel to freshen up your face and hands, and this is a nice touch. The rooms are well appointed, and clean and comfortable. The breakfast offers choices from a simple continental selection to a full cooked English breakfast or other hot alternatives. The bar is always buzzing and a great place to meet before heading out for the evening. Taxi's are always readily available outside if you need them, and the tube station at Bond Street is a 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JaneHilton1908

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoy your stays with us and continue to return.

We always do our very best to have rooms ready for early arrivals and very much understand how important this is for our guests. It is the very least we can do for your loyal patronage and I am just thrilled that you continue to return.

It would be great to meet you in person when you are next with us so please ask for me when you next arrive.

I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you back to the Marylebone.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed at this lovely hotel at the beginning of December for 7 great nights on a pleasure trip to London. The staff at the reception was very polite end eager to help us with anything we needed. Check in was complete with no problems and just in a few minutes!!! After our check in we requested a room with a bathroom and not a shower that was initially given to us and they just full fill our wish. Very good beginning for their hospitality!!! The room was excellent,clean with so many amenities!!
The location of the hotel is great near oxford street and several pubs and restaurants.
on every single day our room was perfectly clean. And they did a very good job about having everything right in our room. The food servise was also great !! As for the hotel itself...nice decoration with friendly staff!! At our check out we asked for a late checkout and we were pleased to here that was ok for us to leave our room later!!!
It is a great hotel in london , great location,great staff and the rooms are super!!!
Thanks for making our staying with you such a pleasure!!!
we will be back for sure!!!

4  Thank Yiannis P
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear Guest

I am so pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and in particular that you thought our staff was polite, eager to help and friendly across the board.

It was our pleasure to have you with us and I need to thank you for choosing the Marylebone. I am thrilled that you will be back and we promise to do our part in making this your new “home away from home”.

I hope to welcome you back very soon!

Kind regards

Reviewed December 20, 2012

When I arrive people greet me by name. This hotel features excellent very personalized service. The hotel is recently renovated with excellent rooms that are relatively large. Breakfasts and dinners are both excellent at the hotel. The location is totally convenient as you are sitouated between Oxford and Bond with outstanding shopping and restraurants. You are an easy walk to Regents Street and Piccadilly. Excellent tube access. I travel extensively for business and find this to be one of my favorite places to stay.

There is an excellent exercise and pool area for this hotel.

Afternoon tean excellent. This is a very civilized hotel in a world class location

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms above third floor are larger with views.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank jflood1050

Dear Guest

Wow! Arguably one of the very best reviews we have ever received, simply because your first comment very much represents what we are all about, “greeted by name and excellent personalized service”.

I am deeply grateful for your incredibly kind words, our team thrives on the positive responses from our guests and your comments will serve as a wonderful motivator when I pass them on. We are all about offering a genuine, personalized service and creating meaningful relationships with our guests where they become part of our hotel and feel at home and cared for by people who care. Your comments very much confirm that this is the right way forward to providing unparralled service experiences. We promise to never rest on our laurels, continue to improve in any way we can and always listen to you, our most valued guest.

I hope to personally welcome you back when you return.

Yours faithfully