“Fantastic hotel”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #70 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have recently stayed at the Marylebone Hotel on a number of occasions throughout December this year. We were always able to check in early and the staff were very helpful and accommodating throughout our stay. The bedrooms are extremely comfortable and well equipped along with the lounge / restaurant areas. The location is perfect within an easy walk of Oxford Street with lots of great restaurants nearby. The best thing about this hotel is the staff who really go above and beyond to ensure the guests have a great stay. In particular Gunter was so very helpful during our stay and on each occasion went out of his way to ensure we were comfortable. We will now always return to this hotel when visiting London as they can always guarantee a top class stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sazllewis
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for posting such an amazing review.

I do wish to start by thanking you for your loyal support and for returning to the Marylebone. It is a real pleasure to have you with us and our team genuinely enjoy making guests feel as if they are returning home. Gunther is one of our absolute stars, he simply loves looking after our guests and I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

It is wonderful to know that you plan on returning again and I would welcome the opportunity to meet you in person so please ask for me when you next arrive.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

The Marylebone Hotel, is an under-stated, but excellent place to stay. The warm welcome on arrival at reception is much appreciated and whenever I have checked in early, there has always been a room available straight away. (This is a real bonus)! Once you have checked in, you are offered a hot flannel to freshen up your face and hands, and this is a nice touch. The rooms are well appointed, and clean and comfortable. The breakfast offers choices from a simple continental selection to a full cooked English breakfast or other hot alternatives. The bar is always buzzing and a great place to meet before heading out for the evening. Taxi's are always readily available outside if you need them, and the tube station at Bond Street is a 5 minute walk away.

2  Thank JaneHilton1908

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoy your stays with us and continue to return.

We always do our very best to have rooms ready for early arrivals and very much understand how important this is for our guests. It is the very least we can do for your loyal patronage and I am just thrilled that you continue to return.

It would be great to meet you in person when you are next with us so please ask for me when you next arrive.

I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you back to the Marylebone.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed at this lovely hotel at the beginning of December for 7 great nights on a pleasure trip to London. The staff at the reception was very polite end eager to help us with anything we needed. Check in was complete with no problems and just in a few minutes!!! After our check in we requested a room with a bathroom and not a shower that was initially given to us and they just full fill our wish. Very good beginning for their hospitality!!! The room was excellent,clean with so many amenities!!
The location of the hotel is great near oxford street and several pubs and restaurants.
on every single day our room was perfectly clean. And they did a very good job about having everything right in our room. The food servise was also great !! As for the hotel itself...nice decoration with friendly staff!! At our check out we asked for a late checkout and we were pleased to here that was ok for us to leave our room later!!!
It is a great hotel in london , great location,great staff and the rooms are super!!!
Thanks for making our staying with you such a pleasure!!!
we will be back for sure!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Yiannis P
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear Guest

I am so pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and in particular that you thought our staff was polite, eager to help and friendly across the board.

It was our pleasure to have you with us and I need to thank you for choosing the Marylebone. I am thrilled that you will be back and we promise to do our part in making this your new “home away from home”.

I hope to welcome you back very soon!

Kind regards

Reviewed December 20, 2012

When I arrive people greet me by name. This hotel features excellent very personalized service. The hotel is recently renovated with excellent rooms that are relatively large. Breakfasts and dinners are both excellent at the hotel. The location is totally convenient as you are sitouated between Oxford and Bond with outstanding shopping and restraurants. You are an easy walk to Regents Street and Piccadilly. Excellent tube access. I travel extensively for business and find this to be one of my favorite places to stay.

There is an excellent exercise and pool area for this hotel.

Afternoon tean excellent. This is a very civilized hotel in a world class location

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms above third floor are larger with views.
3  Thank jflood1050

Dear Guest

Wow! Arguably one of the very best reviews we have ever received, simply because your first comment very much represents what we are all about, “greeted by name and excellent personalized service”.

I am deeply grateful for your incredibly kind words, our team thrives on the positive responses from our guests and your comments will serve as a wonderful motivator when I pass them on. We are all about offering a genuine, personalized service and creating meaningful relationships with our guests where they become part of our hotel and feel at home and cared for by people who care. Your comments very much confirm that this is the right way forward to providing unparralled service experiences. We promise to never rest on our laurels, continue to improve in any way we can and always listen to you, our most valued guest.

I hope to personally welcome you back when you return.

Yours faithfully

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have tried this hotel in the past and we managed to get a room this time before the Christmas holidays.
This was a combined business and pleasure trip.
As you get in the hotel there is a nice smell of Christmas spices that makes you feel a homely atmosphere. The staff at the reception are super needless to say that the service at the check in is quite efficient, beds and bedrooms are good and very clean, except the standard room which is extremely small, really not good for two people.
We stayed a total of six nights thanks to Heathrow closing and BA not having seats on the planes till Friday (still BA has not compensated us but this is another issue).
The first four nights we spent it in a superior room which is OK as far as space in concerned and the other two nights in a standard room which as I said is good for one person but for a couple is no good. For starters the bed is too short (I am 1.86mtrs and my feet were out of the bed), however the rooms are always clean with new towels supplied every day. One last complain the hotel needs to do something with its extractor fan. Our second room was at the back and every night for at least 2-3 hours we had this smell of burned meat which was not good at all. I would have given and very good to this hotel, but having tried two different rooms I can say very good if you get a superior but just OKish if you get a standard room
The breakfast was poorer than the previous times we stayed although I suppose was OK considering.
In general is good hotel allround good for business but also for shopping as it is a 5 mins walk from Oxford Street and all the shopping places.
Will go again as we like it!

Room Tip: For more than one try the Superior rooms if you are a couple or over 1.60mtrs in height. Do not use...
2  Thank mfk57

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you thought we were “a super place”, a brilliant way to start a review! Thank you.

I am very pleased to read that you have stayed with us before and that you keep on returning, I am very appreciative of your continued loyal support. It is good to know that our team looked after you during your stay and that you found them to be “super”, they enjoy what they do and simply love looking after our guests.

I note your comments regarding our standard rooms and that they are more suited for single travelers, since you were staying for 6 nights I understand where you are coming from and would also recommend our Superior, Deluxe, Studio or Suite categories which would certainly offer the additional space you would require. Perhaps you would be so kind as to contact me personally prior to your next visit, this would give me the opportunity to discuss all the available options so we can ensure you are totally happy from a space and value perspective. I also note your feedback regarding the extract odor, there should be no smells at all and there was clearly something wrong. Please accept my apologies and assurance that we will investigate the issue and rectify it as a matter of urgency.

All in all I am very happy that you like to stay with us and that you will return. Perhaps we can arrange to meet on your next visit; it would give me great pleasure to personally welcome you back to the Marylebone.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed at the Marylebone Hotel on one of the busiest pre-Christmas shopping weekends in December. Even though we were just ten minutes from Oxford Street, Welbeck Street was calm and peaceful and felt a million miles from the hustle and bustle. The hotel staff were friendly and efficient on check in, helpful with late night restaurant suggestions (shout out to Caffe Caldesi) and friendly every time we met someone either at reception or in the hotel.
The room was quiet, tastefully furnished, well maintained, the tea making facilities and nespresso were welcome for putting our feet up after a day of pounding the pavements. The bathroom was spotlessly clean and Aromatherapy Associates bath and shower products were a lovely change from the usual bathroom hotel products.
The pool was clean and the changing rooms were superbly kitted out.
The rate was very good for a hotel so close to the city centre.
The only minor issue was the addition of a food service charge to the bill post-Express check out. However, the staff were helpful and efficient in resolving this as soon as it was brought to their attention.
I would be happy to recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in London either for business or leisure and I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank D4traveller

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us.

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from the genuine friendliness and helpfulness of our team to all the hotel facilities and amenities, our location in Marylebone and of course your room. I wish to personally thank you for recommending us to fellow travelers, word of mouth remains the most important form of referral and we greatly appreciate your support.

I note that you had a query on departure and that my team resolved this for you efficiently, if there is anything I can ever do whilst with us, or prior to your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Earlier this year i stayed in this hotel and we had a bit of an unpleasant experience. The GM reacted to my review and offered a special deal when visiting next time. And they kept their promise and even better, an upgrade to junior suite for the entire stay. There was a nice fruit basket and a bottle of excellent wine. Every evening tea with a chistmas cake.
I very much like the staff, friendly (not trained friendly) . Concierge and the bell captains are great.
Thank you very much; we will be back.

Room Tip: some of the rooms are small, ask d-for a decent size of room. Might be more expensive though
2  Thank johan_christel

Dear Guest

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your return to the Marylebone!

Fully appreciating that we are still learning from our guests’ experiences and always looking to improve our service it is very gratifying to read that your second stay with us ticked all the boxes and left you wanting to return. We want to create long terms relationships with all our guests and offer a true “home away from home” experience and whilst we make mistakes along the way we aim to learn and improve our service to a point where all our guests’ expectations are met and exceeded, every time they stay.

It was a pleasure to have you with us again and I am looking forward to your return.

Warm regards