“Faultless!!!”

Ranked #61 of 1,068 Hotels in London
London
“Faultless!!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights over New Years and 2 nights in March. This has been my 4/5 visit to the hotel now, they have all been fantastic stays. From the food to the leisure facilities, everything has been first class.

Mark Heyburn and the rest of the staff have made are stay that much more welcoming. Thank you guys, keep up the good work.

Excellent location, 5 minutes from Oxford st. Plenty of places to eat within minutes. Not far from the tube stations or mainline station. Cabs are always available outside. Car park at the end of the road, although abit pricey they do provide you with a subsidised ticket (better than nothing)

I will be going back for a few more nights in August, will not stay at another hotel in London now that I have found The Marylebone Hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank L0vingL0nd0n
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, June 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about us.

Wow, thank you for such a fantastic review, I cannot wait to share your comments with our team and for you to describe your experience as “faultless” is such a superb motivator for us all. Our staff genuinely loves looking after our guests and for us to learn that you continue to return to us, enjoy your stays so much and most importantly will stay no where but the Marylebone is simply wonderful. Thank you so much for your continued support, your loyal custom is both valued and appreciated and something we will never take for granted.

I look forward to welcoming back you to the Marylebone Hotel for your next visit and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to meet you in person when you return.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We discovered this hotel last year and are absolutely in love with this property. This year it was even better than the last. Rooms are spacious, huge lobby is warm and welcoming. House keeping is fast and efficient. The staff and management will always greet with a smile. Conceirge was able to get bookings to all top resturants in an instant.

Location is perfect, hardly a 5 min walk to Oxford street yet very quietly hidden in an upscale residential area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AsadShafi

Thank you for taking the time to write about us.

I am delighted to read your brilliant review and am particularly pleased that you continue to return to us. We absolutely love seeing guests return and it is our intention to make you feel as if you are staying at your home away from home. I will most certainly pass on your kind comments to our team and please ask for me when you next return; it would be fantastic to meet you in person.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Truro, Cornwall
Reviewed June 16, 2012

First, let me own up. I didn't pay for this visit. My company did, or I wouldn't have stayed there. It's not cheap. The location is good, there are a lot of staff, and the restaurant staff in particular are keen to please. The food was good, reasonably priced, quickly presented and hot. I particularly commend the breakfast at £23 which set me up for the day. The drinks were not cheap; in fact a glass of wine cost me more than my starter. I (and all our party) were invited to pay for an upgrade, declined (because the company doesn't let us) and then found we were upgraded anyway. The superior rooms were all good and quiet, well equipped and laid out.

The downside - alarm call came at the wrong time (twice), the newspaper I'd ordered didn't show, and the turndown staff arrived just after I checked in as if they were waiting in ambush. There's a lack of info in the rooms about how things work, so I had to experiment with the heating until I didn't have a howling gale blowing through. I can only assume the previous guest in this room was a homesick Inuit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write about us.

Whilst I am pleased to read several positive comments around your recent visit I am very disappointed to learn of the two service issues you experienced. It is unacceptable for us to miss the alarm and newspaper you ordered and I can only apologize unreservedly for this oversight. It is my intention to investigate to the full so we can ensure this never happens again to you or another of our guests. May I kindly ask that you get in contact with me so I can get a little more detail on your stay to fully investigate the matter.

In terms of in room orientation we tend to do this when rooming our guests, so if rooming was declined on arrival it could certainly be the case that some information is not shared about the various in room functionalities. Nevertheless, your feedback is important to me and I will see what we can do to make the heating and cooling easier to operate.

I very much hope you will get in touch with; it is my genuine intention to respond to you personably regarding the issues you raised and see what we can do to retain you as a future regular guest.

I look forward to hearing from you and also to welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Excellent hotel in the heart of London and with pretty good rates. Everything worked well and the staff were SUPERB !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MiAlpesh

Thank you for taking the time to write about us.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thought the staff was superb! We value your comments and take our guests’ feedback incredibly seriously; it helps us to evaluate our product and facilities and is an immensely important part of our staff training.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Deputy General
Newcastle-under-Lyme
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed at the Marylebone for the jubilee weekend on a room only basis. Reception was welcoming, plenty of staff eager to assist, very efficient and smart-looking. My room was booked through an agent so I got what I paid for. Good use of space (although I had to ask for additional hangers, which is not a problem, but if 2 guests are staying 4 nights it makes sense to provide at least 5/6 hangers each). The shower was excellent, easy to use and a massive shower head. The hotel scored high with its public areas, a selection of lounge spaces in which to sit, relax, read, take coffee etc, a separate TV lounge with daily papers, and a business-type area to use PC's. Didn't use the restaurant but I did have a drink in the bar area which was very nice. The location of the hotel is great, a few minutes from the shopping mecca of Oxford/Regent St and the charming Marylebone Village. I would very much recommend this hotel when staying in London, it's immaculately clean, discreet (saw 2 celebs in the lobby area) friendly, and very good value for money. Am considering a sister hotel for Christmas.

Room Tip: I would imagine they're all good rooms because there is not a lot of street noise. But make sure...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tielle
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Marylebone Hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed the Jubilee weekend with us, a brilliant occasion to showcase the very best of London! We are indeed blessed when it comes to our location, being situated in the heart of Marylebone Village with an abundance of unique little shops and eateries with the added benefit of being 5 minutes from Oxford Street is one of the reasons our many regular guests keep returning. Thank you for recommending us, word of mouth will always be the most powerful form of referral and we appreciate your support. For your Christmas plans we would of course love to have you return however, should you find yourself in leafy Bloomsbury or quant Kensington, we have 2 wonderful Doyle Hotels for you to choose from. I would be more than happy to put you in touch with the General Managers of these properties who I know will take great care looking after your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope to welcome you back to the Marylebone Hotel in the very near future.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Me and my sister stayed at the Marylebone hotel for four nights last weekend (over the queen´s jubilée), and we absolutely loved it. We were looking for a much needed break from everyday life, and we felt very well taken care of.

We chose this hotel after carefully looking over many many options from Tripadvisor, and one thing we really liked with the Marylebone is not only the lack of bad reviews, but also that they personally replied to the reviews. It just speaks for itself.

Upon arrival we were handed warm towels, we asked to change our double room to a twin room (superior), that was not a problem,we were seated in the lobby for a bit to wait for the room to be ready for us and they served us coffee of our choice together with biscuits, as we sat there we saw staff polishing lift buttons and fluffing cushions in the chairs.

They really couldn´t do enough for you. Entering the room, we noticed the room was not at all small as some people claims, not that it would have mattered to us. We didn´t come to London to swing cats in there anyway.

Beds - heavenly.. we slept like princesses. If you ever saw the snake in the cradle in the cartoon of Robin Hood you´ll know what I mean.

We are women, we like to shop, and living a 7 minutes walk from Oxford street that was not a problem. Around the corner from the hotel there is also a mini Tescos, Starbucks and other little eating places/shops. This place is also very close to Madame Tussauds and Baker Street (Sherlock Holmes). The area felt very safe to walk around in.

We would definately go here again, we fell in love with it and London in general.

Thank you Marylebone hotel for making our stay so amazing, and thank you for all the little special things you did to make us feel special.

Ps. Can´t rate breakfast as we never had it at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MrsSpecialK
Dear Guest,

I was thrilled to read your review, thank you for posting such a wonderful account of your stay with us, my team will be over the moon when I share your feedback with them. It really does come down to people and I am fortunate to work with a team that genuinely cares and absolutely loves looking after our guests. So pleased you enjoyed our proximity to shopping, Marylebone Village and Oxford Street have an abundance of choice for a bit of retail therapy.

Please ask for me when you next return to London, it would be brilliant to meet you in person and thank you once again for your kind and thoughtful words.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel in the very near future.

dublin
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This hotel is in a great location. It is one block away from Oxford Street and around the corner from Marylebone High Street. The rooms are clean and the bed very comfortable. There is a trendy bar on the ground floor. What really made this hotel great for me was the unbelievably friendly staff. The lady who checked us in rang our room to wish me a happy birthday and shortly after sent a bottle of complimentary wine to our room. All the staff we encountered were just so lovely and couldn't do enough for you. I travel quite a bit and stay in London alot. I will not think to stay anywhere else on my next visit.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank andrea2010
Dear Guest,

Such a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you thought our staff was “unbelievable friendly”, I know they will all be thrilled when I share your feedback. We firmly believe that our employee’s will always create the foundation for truly brilliant service and we therefore recruit, select and nurture people who genuinely care for others and want to be part of our guests’ hotel experiences. Comments such as yours serve as a wonderful motivator for us all and help us to gauge where we are at in terms of our service delivery.