“saved me from being ruined in my trip”

Thistle Bloomsbury Park
Ranked #454 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 12, 2014

good location, clean room, friendly and helpful staff. The particular experience with me is that when I checked out, I forgot my passport and the 1000 pounds that I had put in the safe in my room. It was when I was in another city about 8 hours later that I thought of these things. I wrote an email and called the reception, and the lady who answered the call calmed me and comforted me a lot. Only a few minutes later, they retrieved my passport and my money, and replied my email, assuring me that everything was safe. You can imagine what a relief it was.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank yp d
sebwilliams, Relationship Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your story and for your feedback. Forgetting something important or valuable is never a nice situation to be in, and I'm sure that most of us will have been there before. So I'm very glad that the team responded appropriately and that we were of course able to locate your valuables.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The Kingsley Hotel in Bloomsbury is incredibly convenient to the Holborn tube station, the British Museum and Convent Garden and within walking distance of shows and Trafalgar Square. Room suite was large enough to accommodate family including two teens. We had good working air conditioning, bathrooms were immaculate and renovated and beds were luxurious. this is a boutique hotel and I believe is trying to make the leap from above budget to boutique luxury. It misses the mark a bit with staff a bit out of it but all in all a very good stay and a good price. I'd choose this hotel over many other large chains. Wi fi is free and works very very well. That alone is a great selling point.

Room Tip: Ask for suite if you are traveling with family.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nandy5

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review. We're always looking at ways of improving our product so the feedback you've provided has been very useful in this regard.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Booked this hotel for its location as our weekend base to go to Monty Python Live and explore The West End and Covent Garden being about 15 minutes stroll from Euston a Station.
Check in was friendly and efficient, rooms (we had 2) we're comfortable and well sound-proofed from traffic noise. The recently added Comfort mattresses were very, very comfortable and everyone slept well, which doesn't always happen when away from home. The rooms were not air conditioned but we were provided with electric fans which were very welcome during the warm nights. The bathrooms were compact but the showers were among the best we have ever encountered in any hotel!
The staff were helpful and friendly at all times, especially after I left my jacket on a chair in the bar - when I went back 10 minutes later, it was safely stored behind a Reception. Also we managed to lose one of our room jets but it was no bother to Reception to replace it and reprogramme both for security.
We did not eat in the hotel, preferring to have breakfast out (Silva's on Shaftesbury Avenue did a superb full English). We ate one meal close to the hotel - Cosmoba us an Italian restaurant in Cosmo Place, which runs between Southampton Row and Queen's Square. The food and the service were excellent.
All in all we had a very enjoyable weekend at the Bloomsbury Park and we will certainly return there for our next London weekend.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for the great review. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed there two nights a couple of weeks ago. Not the greatest. I would recommend to stay at another hotel especially if its your first time in London. No a/c and the elevator was broken. The power converter I got was broken also but they did get me a new one. Staff wasn't very knowledgeable. I asked where I could get a camera and most of them didn't know. Then the manager directed me to a very expensive store. There were several closer cheaper options. Overall it was Ok but expected more. Location is your best feature here.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jman4801

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. It's a shame that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion. I've spoken to our reception staff and they'll be receiving a refresher session on the local area to better help you in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Location was perfect for soho, covent garden etc. very close to tube and easy walking distance. We arrived at 1pm and the room wasn't ready, but we were able to leave our bags and were informed the reception was 24 hours. When we returned, the room I had booked and paid for 3 months ago had been given to someone else. We ended up in 2 very small single rooms on the 4th floor with no lift access. Not really acceptable, but we had little choice. Thank goodness we are able to climb stairs! I didn't really feel the staff were very sorry they had given the room away and tried blaming the computer! We were offered complimentary breakfast and a night cap, but when I've paid for a room I expect to be able to stay in it, particularly as they had our bags, so knew we would be checking in later. Other than that, I think this hotel is fine. Reasonable price considering its location and breakfast was very good. Just be mindful if you have mobility problems that part of the hotel does not have lift access. I would have definitely recommended it but slightly concerned about the over booking and whether it might happen again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We spent one night at this hotel because I had muddled up my room reservation at the hotel next door. Do be careful when booking rooms in England or Europe. Be SURE to state number of adults in room as single rooms have only one twin bed!! I inadvertently did not as I was booking two rooms and one was single and so I had to forfeit one night. A lesson learned. Thistle Bloomsbury Park took us in and the service and the staff was so excellent and the room VERY comfortable. LOVED it all. We had breakfast there every a.m. even when not staying there. Continental is substantial and reasonable. This one waiter, Pranaya Rai was superb and we loved him. He was MOST helpful at all times. Mo. the bartender was also fabulous.

Room Tip: Specify number of adults and how many beds you need.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for the excellent review. Pranaya and Mo are particularly pleased and want to thank you personally for mentioning them. If you ever have any questions about hotel categories or bed types in Europe then you're more than welcome to give us a call.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed on business for one night in June 2014.

The good bits - friendly and helpful staff. Room was clean and bed was comfortable (although it moved around very easily) breakfast was ok and the restaurant area was welcoming.

The bad bits - this hotel has no air conditioning and front facing rooms are very noisy from traffic outside. For a room that cost in the region of £200 for one night this was a real issue in the summer heat.

Window could not be closed fully to keep out traffic noise - and it was the only method of ventilation in a very hot and stuffy room.

The room above had incredibly creaky floorboards which continued until the early hours. After a 530am start that day being kept awake until 1am was really not acceptable.

I am afraid I would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank GemBr
sebwilliams, Relationship Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback. Whilst I'm obviously disappointed that you were not completely satisfied, I'd like to assure you we're always looking at ways of improving our product. We have fans available so if guests are feeling hot all they need to do is ask for one at reception - but most rooms already have them there.

Hopefully we'll see you again in the future.