1,265 results
All reviews british museum southampton row russell sq covent garden holborn tube station theatre break west end twin room theatre land ironing board road noise main road central location piccadilly line stayed for one night breakfast was excellent tea and coffee making facilities
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were visiting the British Museum for an exhibition, so chose this small hotel on Southampton Row.
Our room on the fourth floor was small (not the smallest we have encountered in London) however, it had everything we needed, a small double bed (very comfy) good linens and modern furniture, two easy chairs and flat screen T.V. The bathroom was tiny,with a shower,sink and toilet they all worked and we managed. It also had a FAN - much needed during this spell of very warm weather- be aware there is no a/c, this did not detract from our enjoyment of staying here.

The breakfast was fine, offering cereals, fruit, cheese and cold meat along with a hot buffet selection, breads, pancakes and pastries.

The added value here was the staff, every member we encountered were helpful and efficient.
The restaurant staff were especially nice remembering one each day and asking about your activities, without it being detrimental to the level of service. staff also enquired the quality of sleep & whether we had enough fans etc., it was v.very hot.

We found that the position was great for the museum, and central London,we walked everywhere. there were lots of cafes and restaurants near by with outside seating for the cooler hours..

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room if you need one.
Date of stay: July 2013
2  Thank briel
OpsBloomsburyPark, Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Briel,
Thank you for your kind words after your recent stay with us at Bloomsbury Park. I am delighted that your stay with us was so positive and that you think so highly of our team. I hope that you will return to London and ourselves in the future!
kind regards,

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My partner and I spent 3 nights in London as we had tickets for LadyGaGa at Twickenham. The hotel was fine for our busy schedule. The room was small but a decent size for the two of us. Bathroom a little small and shower a little dated but done the trick for what we needed as were spending most of our days sighseeing!

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
OpsBloomsburyPark, Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Amie P,
Thank you for reviewing Bloomsbury Park after your recent stay with us. I am delighted that your overall impression of the hotel is a positive one. Hopefully we will see you next time you are in London whether that be for a concert or otherwise!
Many thanks,

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last October as part of our European trip. The location was great it was very close to the Holborn tube station. This was a main station and can take you just about
anywhere. It's two tubes stops away from Piccadilly Circus.
There also is a large grocery store on the corner across the street if you need any snacks or drinks. We got to our hotel
before checking so the front desk secured our luggage for us and we visited the British Museum. We found the front
desk people to be very helpful. We even were given free Wi-Fi. Our room looked out onto an alley that had a couple pubs on it. We visited one of those and we really enjoyed our time there. Our room was small, but
that was expected. It was clean and comfortable and worked well for us. The hotel had an
authentic English feel to it and was very charming. This by no means was a luxury hotel. But
we loved it nonetheless and would stay there again when in London.

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank beachbum0626
OpsBloomsburyPark, Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Beachbum0626,
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Bloomsbury Park as much as you did. I am glad that the free Wifi we provide is making a difference and of course that the team looked after you so well. It is great to hear that you will return to us in the future and I hope that is soon,
Kind regards,

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and me took a short "second honeymoon" in London from the 1st to the 5th of July 2013 and stayed here.
Very welcoming staff at the reception, excellent size rooms on the 6th floor, great ventilation, good size washrooms, very comfortable beds and housekeeping that is impeccable.
The highlight is the restaurant which serves a hearty breakfast with a very hospitable manager Kaizer...who himself along with his staff ensure that you eat breakfast like a king...
Kudos to Team Bloomsbury Park

Room tip: Stay in a room that does NOT face South Hampton Row
Date of stay: July 2013
1  Thank Imraansurve
OpsBloomsburyPark, Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Imraansurve,
Thank you for taking the time to review Bloomsbury Park. I am delighted that your stay was such a wonderful one and have personally passed on my thanks to Kaizer and his restaurant team. We are all very proud to have made such an important occasion one to remember for all the right reasons; should you have a 3rd honeymoon you know where to come!
Many thanks,

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel while in London for a conference and I can certainly recommend it because of its convenient location and cleanliness. it is a 3' walk to Russell Sq metro and a 15 min walk to the river Thames and max 20' to Piccadilly Circus or Oxford Circus.
The hotel is however quite expensive considering the size of the rooms. If you need your gadgets or work from your hotel room make sure you get free wifi included!
Breakfast was okay, on the greasy side.

Room tip: Would prefer rooms not facing directly Southampton Row, which can have quite some traffic.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Scan_traveller,
Thank you for reviewing Bloomsbury park after your recent stay with us. I am delighted that overall your impression was a positive one. I know the prices were slightly higher than usual during the timing of your stay owing to London being exceptionally busy but I would encourage you to continue using us as we price ourselves as competitively as possible. I can also confirm that Wifi is free in all of our hotels and we are continually investing in the in-room technology - watch this space!
Kind regards,