1,228 results
All reviewsbritish museumsouthampton rowcovent gardenrussell squareholborn tube stationtheatre breaktwin roomwest endwithin walking distancetheatre landfree wifiroad noisemain roadironing boardcentral locationpiccadilly linestayed for one night
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel while in London for a conference and I can certainly recommend it because of its convenient location and cleanliness. it is a 3' walk to Russell Sq metro and a 15 min walk to the river Thames and max 20' to Piccadilly Circus or Oxford Circus.
The hotel is however quite expensive considering the size of the rooms. If you need your gadgets or work from your hotel room make sure you get free wifi included!
Breakfast was okay, on the greasy side.

Room Tip: Would prefer rooms not facing directly Southampton Row, which can have quite some traffic.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
OpsBloomsburyPark, Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Scan_traveller,
Thank you for reviewing Bloomsbury park after your recent stay with us. I am delighted that overall your impression was a positive one. I know the prices were slightly higher than usual during the timing of your stay owing to London being exceptionally busy but I would encourage you to continue using us as we price ourselves as competitively as possible. I can also confirm that Wifi is free in all of our hotels and we are continually investing in the in-room technology - watch this space!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Booked a 3 night stay in July to visit London and a day at Wimbledon tennis. Staff were exceptional in their attitude and were so friendly and helpful. Double room was spotlessly clean and very quiet on 2nd floor. Bathroom clean and toiletries replenished daily.
No air con but very large fan provided and this kept the room lovely and cool ( probably better than air con)
Breakfast was superb and in lovely restaurant area, staff excellent.
Ideal location for covent garden, theatres etc. only 5 minute walk away. 2 tube stations, Holborn and Russell Square both only a few minutes walk away.
Also near a pick up point for open top bus tours.
Although this hotel is on a main road it is in a safe, quiet area and we would definitely stay there again when visiting London.
Not over priced like many in similar locations. Well Done Bloomsbury Park, you made our visit a pleasure!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as some overlook the main road. No air con in rooms but honestly the fan is better because it can be adjusted to make it more powerful than air con!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 366DavidR366,
Thank you for your kind words in the review you left after your recent stay at Bloomsbury Park. It was with great delight that the team and I read how special your trip to London had been. We hope to see you many times in the future.
Many thanks,

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked this hotel for a one night stay for seven of us for a hen party. We have just returned from a lovely nights stay at this hotel. From the start the hotel were so helpful, being able to accommodate an extra pull out in one of the rooms for a small extra charge. The staff are very helpful and attentive, even printing off walking directions for us to the theatre and organising a taxi for our evening out. The hotel is in a great quiet location, which is perfect for the west end within walking distance, perfect to enjoy the lovely sunny weather we have right now !
Breakfast was great, with a lovely choice of food. The one downside is no air con in the rooms, although a fan was provided, plus we did stay on the hottest day of the year so far !
However I would definitely recommend this hotel, fantastic location and good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear e1982,
I was delighted to read that you had such a great time here at Bloomsbury Park. It is always a pleasure to hear from guests after their stay with us - particularly when it was as positive as yours! We hope to see you again in the future,

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my Mum for three nights. Good location, lovely breakfasts and very clean. Unfortunately it's very expensive for the size of the rooms. Private rooms in hostels far better value as they are not dissimilar in size. Seems like London accommodation is overpriced everywhere so it's comparably pretty good.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Dece83,
Thank you for leaving a review with us after your recent stay in London. Whilst I am happy that we compare favourably to other hotels in London I was sad to read that we did meet all of your expectations on this occasion. Should you ever be returning to London I would encourage you to contact me directly as I would welcome the opportunity to better impress you in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights when at a conference locally at UCL. It had everything I needed - a very comfy bed, efficient and clean bathroom and tea/coffee making facilities. Breakfast was excellent and the staff were really friendly including in the bar where we enjoyed a nightcap. Oh, and free wifi. A must nowadays but still great to find!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ursula K
OpsBloomsburyPark, Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Ursula K,
Thank you for leaving some comments with us after your recent stay at Bloomsbury Park. It was great to read that you had such a good time with us. I am pleased to inform you that further to our Wifi being free I can confirm that we are currently investing to ensure that we have the fastest connection available for our guests. I hope that you will return to the hotel in the future to see the investments we are making for yourself.