1,228 results
All reviewsbritish museumsouthampton rowcovent gardenrussell squareholborn tube stationtheatre breaktwin roomwest endwithin walking distancetheatre landfree wifiroad noisemain roadironing boardcentral locationpiccadilly linestayed for one night
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was up In London for a conference and was booked in he for a 3 night stay. I had initially booked a twin as a friend was joining me, but they were very happy to swap this to a large double at no extra cost. As I was alone I ate in the restaurant twice and had room service once, and all meals were excellent ( and not stingy either!) the wine and coffee was excellent, the breakfast was lovely and the staff friendly and attentive. I would gladly return with my husband or for another visit should I need to.

1  Thank DavethedogChichester
OpsBloomsburyPark, Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear DavethedogChichester,
I was delighted to read that we at Bloomsbury Park pleasantly surprised you after your recent visit to London. I do hope that you will return to London and our hotel in the future so that we might exceed your expectations again!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. Great location and is easy to get about. The room was very small and overlooked the back of the building. Not a very nice view but at least it was quiet! Although small the room was equipped with everything you need and was very clean. Didn't eat in the restaurant but the prices seemed very reasonable. Breakfast was OK. Standard hotel food but nothing exceptional. Good value for money based on London prices

1  Thank Holidaylover186403

Dear Holidaylover,
Thank you for taking the time to review Bloomsbury Park after your recent stay with us. I hope that your stay with us would not put you off returning to our hotel in the future - I can assure that we our investing in the product as I write to you and I am confident that we can exceed all of your expectations in the future. If you are returning to London please contact me directly so that I might look into this for you,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

only stayed 1 night, with the wife, room was as i read from previous reviews, quite compact. it was however clean and comfortable for the occasional night, but i`d struggle for long periods, room had all the essentials needed.
the room window was old and single glazed, so we did get a bit of road noise but not too bad, as we were overlooking a side alleyway leading to a couple of quieter restaurants. the window itself was very dirty and looked like it hadn`t been cleaned for ages.(not what you expect or pay for in a quality london hotel)
the hotel is in a great location only 5 min walk to west end, also we used tube for the first time in 20 years, and i was very impressed with clean carriages and the frequency, since my last pilgramage to the big smoke.
reception very friendly and helpful, breakfast was brilliant, poss the best we`ve had in any hotel...the layout, the service, the quality of the food, was beyond our expectations, could certainly fill up for the whole day with one sitting. compliments to the chef and kitchen staff.
overall it was very good for an occasional night out and would certainly return even with dirty windows...if just for the breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank discoUk_midlands

Dear discoUK_midlands,
Thank you for taking the time to leave some comments after your recent stay with us. I am delighted that your stay had some really positive aspects to it but naturally disappointed that we fell short on some of your expectations. Rest assured that we will take your feedback on board and take action where needed.
Kind regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Promised us interconnecting rooms which are hard to get and delivered. Put an extra cot in the second room as promised. Great restaurant and bakery, Gail's kitchen. Terrific location between 2 tube stations. Very helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fayge

Dear Fayge,
Thank you for leaving such positive feedback after your recent stay us. I am delighted that you will remember us for all the right reasons and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Good central location. Clean, warm and friendly service. The food for breakfast was really nice. The only issue I would say is that I stayed in room 14 on the ground floor and the rooms don't seem to be sound proof or smell proof. Meaning that every little cough from my neighbour was heard and the doors to the rooms slam very loudly and woke me up several times. Also I could smell my neighbours after shave through the walls/doors. Very overpowering!

Room Tip: one higher up from reception.
2  Thank cathyfifi

Dear Cathyfifi,
Thank you for leaving feedback with us after you recent stay. I am glad that you found the service to be friendly and enjoyed the location. I would like to assure you that we are continuously investing in our product and noise reduction is top of our agenda. Should you be returning to London please contact me as I would welcome the chance to demonstrate some of these changes in person.
Kind regards,