1,237 results
All reviews british museum southampton row covent garden russell square holborn tube station theatre break twin room west end within walking distance theatre land free wifi road noise main road ironing board central location piccadilly line stayed for one night
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My sister and I booked this hotel, for our Mums birthday. We arrived at the hotel and received a very pleasant welcome from the Receptionist. We went to our room, and started to unpack, then we noticed there was a small problem in the bathroom (The toilet wouldn't flush), we told the Receptionist and went off out for the afternoon. When we came back, we were told that we had been changed for an identical room, but a couple of floors higher, this was great. We ate in the restaurant in the evening, and the food was lovely. The breakfast was also great, all you could ask for and more. The staff were so pleasant. The only complaint I would have is that we booked this hotel, as the photos showed 3 single beds, and we phoned and checked and were told that yes they were, but to get to the hotel and find that as the same as the other hotels, 1 was actually a put up bed. We were a little disappointed in this as that had been the main reason we had booked this particular hotel, I even phoned to double check a few days before. I would stay here again, but only if we didn't need a triple room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
OpsBloomsburyPark, Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Lorraine R,
Thank you for taking the time to review Bloomsbury Park. It was with great pleasure that your trip to London was a successful and enjoyable one. We are always looking for ways to improve our product offering and will take your comments into serious consideration about beds. I hope to see you again in spite of this.
Many thanks,

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here for the second time, at the end of May, and it was as good as it had been in March. Bedrooms are clean and comfortable with everything in working order. The double glazing on my front-facing room kept out the noise of the busy road beneath. Public areas are bright and welcoming, staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfasts are first-rate. There is a warmth and intimacy about this hotel that makes it a happy place to stay.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ianwatson100

Dear ianwatson100,
The team and I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback about Bloomsbury Park after your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to know that we met our targets and your expectations. We all hope to see you again in the near future,
Kind regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed friday the 7th june for two nights when I read some of the reviews I was a little unsure but I can say every thing was fine the staff could not do a noth for you I needed an extra pillow and it was in the room on our return from going out I will definitely book again when we visit london next.
Thankyou for a lovely weekend from mr & mrs swanton.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Swanmar,
Thank you for your kind words after your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear from guests after stay and I am delighted that we delivered above expectation. We all hope to see you both again here in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed here on business 3rd to 5th june room was £120 per night for bed and breakfast in a single room. My room had a junior double bed and was comfortable for one. Would have been very cramped for two. Room was clean and quiet, away from the street. Bed was comfortable. Only 2 plug sockets of which one was being used by the TV. No air conditioning so room was quite warm in the warm weather but a desk fan was provided in the room. Hairdryer was good and not one of those low power ones where you have to keep the button pressed. Check in was smooth. Lift is really slow and very small, stairs are the better option unless you have luggage. Breakfast on the first day (at approx 8am) was busy but plenty of food. Not many tables so one had to be cleared for me and was left sopping wet. Tea order was not taken on my arrival for breakfast but my colleague joined me slightly later and she was offer a drink so I jumped on the opportunity to order a drink. There are plenty of breakfast staff so I doubt it would have taken me long to get a drink otherwise. Disappointed the yoghurt was a large bowl you spooned out yourself would prefer individual pots as you can see others have used spoons for other items in the yoghurt. Asked reception to order a taxi which was a mistake should have just flagged one on the street to save the confusion, dismissed taxi and late arrival at our meeting. Breakfast on the second day was a lot quieter and better serviced. But some staff came across as rude. One looked positively fed up when I had to ask for an extra cup on a table sitting two with only one cup. I then had to take the tea spoon and milk from the table next to me. Check out was quick and smooth. Only minor complaints so would recommend this hotel. Very handy for covent garden, soho, south bank, etc. Was a relief to walk into a nicely decorated quiet hotel off the bustling streets of London.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear jet77,
Thank you for taking the time to review Bloomsbury Park after your stay with us. I am delighted that overall your impression was a good one. I was sad to read that a couple of issues occurred at breakfast time and will ensure that this does not occur again. I hope to see you again in the future,
many thanks,

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Awesome stay, great service, wifi was exceptional and good sized room.

The restaurant was surprising good for a normal hotel. Best of all the food price were better than the high street!!

Highly recommended for great prices and service.

• Stayed: May 2013
OpsBloomsburyPark, Manager at Thistle Bloomsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear MayLuong, Thank you for taking the time to review Bloomsbury Park after your recent stay with us. I am delighted that your stay with us was such a positive one and that you noticed our new menu! At this point we are trialling a new menu with as competitive a price point as possible with a view to offering our guests the best value for money allowed. Rest assured we will continue to evaluate our product and hopefully you will see future improvements!
Many thanks,