“Easy and comfortable!”

Marylebone Inn Hotel
Ranked #575 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights between Xmas and new year. The breakfast was varied and dining was comfortable. The rooms were cozy but adequate and the bar area was relaxing. The hotel backed onto pretty backstreets that had boutique shops and traditional small London pubs which were very busy. Check in and out was stress free and there was no extra charge for a late check out. Would return again but ask for an upgrade to a larger room.

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was a business trip, so we wanted a budget hotel (we were at an event in the Dorchester), which was in a good location. This ticked all boxes, helpful staff, lovely room which was spacious for the price, little kitchenette, sofa, bed, ensuite, tv - so no complaints.
Its in a lovely Georgian terrace so no lift, no bar, no breakfast facilities - but handy position so no hardship at all. Its very attractively presented and I have no complaints at all.
Friends rooms smaller, one a bit too small with limited head height, but no-one really had a complaint because the price was reasonable for such a good position. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in the front and room was very good. It wasn't particularly noisy either so assume it m...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with a friend, mostly because of the location, which is great, just a few meters walk from the Bakerstreet station and several bars and restaurants. This newly refurbished hotel could become above average if they would change their bedding. The bedding is horrible, the mattresses and pillows are of really poor quality, do not have proper hotel bed linen, the bed provides no supports and is saggy in the middle. I really like my friend, but in this bed I had to balance on the outer outer corner for us not to be constantly spooning!

The rooms look nice, they are spacious and my room had a small kitchen, it was fine, *BUT*, at the end, it is a hotel, I come there to sleep, and take a shower. I want it to be clean and have a proper bed, certainly nothing less.

This is not a cheap hotel, (ok, in general it is not a cheap city) but if you pay a price of 150 pounds per night, per room, I do not want a 50 pounds bed. As a person that is always on the look-out for price-quality balance, I would not go there again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ameli2004
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had a very warm welcome but as there was no lift, it was a long way to the top - not a problem for me, but if you do stay here, try not to get a room at the top unless you are fit. Room was clean and tidy with modern furniture. Good shower. However there was only one pillow which was too big as I like flatter ones, so I had to discard it and slept without it. Would be better to have had 2 smaller pillows.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not on the top floor unless you are fit as there is no lift.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The hotel is situated in a nice part of London, but Gloucester Place is quite noisy. We got a room in the basement with little light, terrible smell from the bathroom, a small bed and and no aircon. The people who work ther, take their sigarette break just outside the window. I didn't sleep much that weekend...

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms in the basement
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank BjornVagabond
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have recently returned from London after a one night stay & found it a very clean, hygienic apartment.There were 4 of us sharing & had a large bathroom, decent sized bedroom & lounge/kitchenette area which were all light & airy. The reception area was beautiful.There was a yard to the rear which we didn't use but was offered. All the windows have lovely quality white shutters to ensure privacy. The only thing that could be altered is the skylight directly above the bed which needs shading. Overall, a good experience!

Room Tip: The ground floor room next to the office is the one that we stayed in.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I just got back from London. Originally we booked 5 nights at this hotel, but after 2 nights we literally RUN AWAY from the place to another hotel at the same area.

The shower was horrible - either terribly hot or ice cold water - I could not shower at all!!

Second, my partner hit her head in the very low ceiling of one of the rooms, which was planned with a sharp edge right over the bed. She opened her head in a severe matter. The day after, when we told this to the owner, he couldn't care less, told us there is nothing he can do about this.
As for the water issue - he said the entire building has the same problem. I couldn't understand how could other people recommend on such a horrible place.

Third, the fridge did not work.

Forth, there's a bus station right outside the hotel, which makes it impossoble to sleep after 6 in the morning.

Not my idea of a perfect vacation!

I always try to look at the good things, and never say something bad about a business, unless I am positive I'm right. This is the case.
The owner does not care about the place, there is no receptionist to help you or carry your luggage up 3 floors and so on.... Do not go there

Room Tip: There is no good room at this place
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family