All reviews norfolk square english breakfast minutes walk from paddington station no elevator hyde park triple room central location cereal suitcases earplugs dryer
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for three nights as an add on at the end of a holiday to Greece. We booked this through Booking.com so, for this part of London, it wasn’t that expensive. I had asked the hotel if we could have a room where the bed wasn’t against the wall and when we checked in we were pleased when the guy on reception said this had been done. However, our room, No. 2, was at the foot of a very steep set of stairs with extremely narrow treads. This made taking cases up and down quite difficult as there is no lift. The hotel is obviously being refurbished as there was a strong smell of paint throughout the stay. Our shower room had obviously been redecorated and was very clean. The bed was comfy and we got the extra pillows we asked for very quickly.
There was free WiFi and the plug points offered usb charging points. There was a hospitality tray.
The downside to this room is the fact that there is no air conditioning so becomes very warm at night and the room sits directly above the underground railway so vibrates every few minutes from around 5:30am until near midnight. It can be very annoying. At one point we couldn’t hear the news on TV the noise from the trains was so loud.
Breakfast was included but we only ate it once as we found the room very cramped and busy; the food was plain but quite greasy. On the second morning we came out of our room, right next door to the breakfast room, to find quite a queue waiting for a table. We decided to eat out as there was no way we would have got a table before the cut off point of 9am.
We were able to leave our bags after the checkout time of 10:30. This facility is available free of charge until 2pm then there is a charge per bag.
I suppose one gets what one pays for, but although this hotel was clean with pleasant staff and close to Paddington, I’m not sure we would stay there again.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

This is a good hotel. I paid £50 for the night. I was on the 1st floor. The room was very small, but that’s irrelevant for an overnight stay. It was very clean, shower and toilet included, and pretty quiet. I could hear the trains but only a little - maybe they are worse in the basement? Best of all, 5 minute walk to Paddington. I’d certainly overnight here again if I need an early train. I wouldn’t bring the family to stay for a week.

I did not stay for breakfast, so I cannot comment on this

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

We booked a room for 2 kids and 2 adults. It turned out to be a basement room which was disappointing. No air-con, which was really unfortunate given the night time temperature. Leaving the windows open made no difference other than the noise from the pavement became an issue. However, the big turn off was the noise from the railway underneath the hotel. It sits above Paddington which means the room sounds like an earthquake is underway every 10 or 15 minutes from 6am to 1am...not great.
That said, the staff are really friendly and helpful, and the room and shower room were clean. Breakfast was good and the location relative to places like the V&A,science and natural history museums, palace, Thames, Whitehall Tussauds etc... brilliant. You pays your money...

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2018

As we had a connecting flight from Heathrow early in the morning, my GF and I chose to stay at the Belvedere. The hotel is no frills but is extremely close to Paddington Station which offers direct access to Heathrow via train.

Upon check-in we received a key but were told that we cannot leave the premise with it. Before leaving we were required to give the key to the 24 hr desk attendant. We were not fans of this.

Our room was in the basement. The hotel does not have an elevator so we were forced to carry out baggage up and down the stairs.

Given the hotel's proximity to Paddington station, every time a train in the tube passes by, the hotel shakes. This was especially noticeable in the basement. It was also extremely loud from the activity outside.

There also was no AC so the room got quite hot. The room was also small and had a very small bed.

There are a lot of dining and drinking options nearby. Breakfast is included with the room, but is unspectacular.

Free WiFi

Room Tip: Stay away from basement.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

The room was clean and spacious. The beds were comfortable and there's enough wardrobe space. The shower was spacious, although slightly difficult to get the right water temperature. Breakfast was tasty and filling. Staff are friendly and helpful. Vibrations from underground trains can be felt if on ground floor. The hotel is located in a quiet, traffic- free spot but restaurants, shops, pubs are close by. The tube and Paddington station are within walking distance. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family