“Good stay for London shopping”
Review of The Belvedere

The Belvedere
Ranked #674 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 5, 2013

“Great location, very clean”

Close to Paddington Station, easy to get to hotel during the day and the night. Near to Oxford Street for shopping, Hyde park and other cenral places. The hotel is cleaned every day. The four bed room was specious and bright. The bathroom is big on the opposite to the smaller bedrooms.. English breakfast is served in the morning. The hotel was very warm, considering cold outside that was really great. For a few days stay in London it is definitely recommendable. The only thing that wasnt good was the stairs, especilly the last one to our room on the third floor when we had luggage after our shopping..

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Close to Paddington Station, easy to get to hotel during the day and the night.Few minutes bus drive from Oxford street, hyde park and notting hill.
The hotel is cleaned every day. The triple room was specious and bright. The bathroom is a bit small but it's not a big disadvantage. English breakfast is served in the morning. The hotel was very warm, considering cold outside that was really great.
For a few days stay in London it is definitely recommendable. The only thing that I did not like was the fact that I did not have a key to the front doors and it was a pain to wait every time for somebody to open them for me.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We are just returning from a 4 day stay in london. We booked a double en-suite room at The Belvedere Hotel in Paddington. The hotel itself is nothing posh but accomodates what you need for afew days in the capital. The room was a mixture of old/new. The bedsheets and pillows were spotless, bathroom spot on and we had tea/coffee, hairdryer and trouser press in room. The breakfast consists of tea,coffee,toast,fruit juice, cereal and cooked breakfast of sausage, bacon,egg & beans (what more do you need), all served promptly and politely by the staff. The hotel is in a great location, plenty shops and eating out places within 3 minutes walk. The bus to oxford street takes 6 mins (bus numbers 7, 23 & 159). Buy an oyster card as its flat fare of £1.40 but once you've scanned it 4 times it classes it as a dayticket at £4.40. The area that the hotel is in is pleasent and we felt most comfortable walking around the area. Possibly the only down side to hotel is the sound of the tube underground, as a light sleeper this was something i was dreading but we were on 1st floor and sound wasnt that bad and did not disrupt myself getting to sleep. Its not the ritz but compared to some places we have stayed in years ago in london it was clean, comfortable, good breakfast and the heating in our room was switched on at all times. We got a good deal on internet at £59 per nite for the room and including breakfast, would book this hotel again

Room Tip: Request on your booking 'Quiet Room, 1st floor or higher
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kirsty w
Reviewed January 9, 2013

There are so many places to stay along the Tube in London, take an extra 5 minute ride and find something better. We walked around Paddington and found several other hotels which looked more modern and had advertisements in the window for a lower price (too bad they are not on the internet!).

The rooms we had were on the 3rd and 4th floor, with no elevator that was the first ugh after a long day of travel having to lug up luggage. The next ugh was opening the door and seeing a closet! I stayed at a different hotel at Gloucester Road that was similar priced but the room looked like a suite compared to this!

Now I wasn't here to stay in the room for my trip but we had to go to the Pub to get enough pints to be able to come back and pass out since it was so tiny. Good thing we stayed in 2 other locations and only had to be here for 2 nights...anything longer and I would have had pulled a muscle from moving my luggage around so I could sleep!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My room at Belvedere still makes me laugh! I booked online and after booking, I received an email from the Hotel welcoming me etc (that’s always nice)! I emailed back and asked if I could have a room closest to the main level because it was the very end of a 5-week Europe trip and my luggage was ridiculously heavy to load up and down without an elevator. He offered to either hold my luggage on the main floor or put me one floor below. So…there is a basement level to this hotel which is very unique! I love staying in places that are crazy different…as long as its clean, I don’t care! He warned me that I’d be able to hear the Tube because the hotel is right next to the line. I told him I had earplugs so it didn’t matter. And omg! He put me in the basement - my luggage made it down about 15 stairs – and I laughed out loud. The room was tiny, not a tiny as NYC, but it was tiny. If my luggage was on the floor, then my feet had to be on the bed. It was clean and that’s all I cared about. People, if you are in London and are in your room more than just sleeping then you’re doing something wrong! After a few minutes, I heard the train go by. Maybe he built it up in my head but I didn’t think it was that bad. The train stops running at 2am and I had ear plugs so I honestly slept the whole night no problem. The next morning, the same guy at the desk asked how I slept and I said “great, 9 hours!”. His response “seriously??” So if you’re going to be a picky and complainy person, find another place. This is for the people that love to have an adventure!

Room Tip: The basement is a risk...but a fun experience
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel was a pleasure to stay in. very central London, In a very nice part of Paddington. Loads of shops bars restaurants all with in seconds of the hotel. I got a lovely single room with ensuite including breakfast which was a cooked breakfast. The hotel was spotless clean & staff very helpful. I would certainly return to this hotel. To get the quality I got from this hotel in London I would have expected to pay double what I paid. so well done Belvedere for keeping your prices down but your quality high. A diamond in the rough.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank glasgowcici2
Reviewed November 7, 2012

for everyone who wants to be close to centre is The Belvedere right choice. My room number 27 (single) has own bathroom, room was very clean, everyday clear towels, absolutely satisfied. Very friendly staff. Very good english breakfast - very friendly kitchen staff.
I recommend this hotel

Room Tip: 27 - single
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends