1,030 results
All reviews norfolk square close to paddington station freshly made waffles single room sister hotel hyde park breakfast staff location is great rooms are small full english
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I phoned the hotel to inquire if our booking had been cancelled as our OTA that we booked with has ceased trading and the woman on the phone said that they had no reservation for us which I understood was not their fault. We phoned last week after the company had ceased trading to be told that our booking was still there but it could be cancelled up to and including the day of arrival so I asked her why, as they had our email address, they did not notify us of this. She constantly interrupted me and would not let me speak a full sentence but she managed to tell me that it was not their problem to let us know. I said that they would have let us turn up on the day of arrival to find no booking and nowhere to stay. She said that it wasn't their problem but we should look at their website to get availability to re - book. When I tried to ask her some questions, she said that I was wasting her time and hung up on me. Needless to say I will not be checking their website to re - book.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank CarlGGS
Reviewed August 31, 2019

A very nice hotel for families and school groups. Squeezing 6 boys of 18 into the rooms we have been in was a bit chalenging, though. Not ideal. The location is perfect between Paddington and Lancaster Square. The breakfast staff could have been friendlier, that was always rushed.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PaddingtonHotels, Manager at Shakespeare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments about our atmosphere and location however, we are sorry to hear that you experienced some issues with the service and lack of space. Rest assured that we will take your remarks under serious consideration and address the team accordingly.
We do hope to see you again in your next visit to London!

All the best,

Reviewed August 30, 2019

My friend and I stayed at this place for its location, conveniently near Paddington station. However, that’s the only good thing about this hotel. For starters, there is no potable water in the room! I have never stayed in hotel in the western world that had no drinking water! However, hotel mgt was kind enough to provide the room with a kettle: should you want to make yourself a cuppa, be grateful that there is a vending machine at the entrance. Too stingy to get potable water, but greedy enough to get a vending machine. How about providing bottled water at least?
Secondly, the WiFi internet is so aggravatingly weak in the room that advertising it as an amenity is essentially a lie.
Thirdly, breakfast is dismal and chaotic: food selection is low and you to fight the crowd to get a piece of toast or waffle. Just go early in the morning to avoid a hoard of people confined in a small space.
Fourthly, we requested a room with a balcony; we were given one, but the it was off-limits and looked structurally unstable; bottom line, it couldn’t be enjoyed at all.
I have stayed at fancy hotels, low-budget ones and even hostels on some of my hiking trips, and this hotel most definitely ranks low in my list of hotel stays.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2019 via mobile

My family of four stayed here August 7th for one night. This was not my 1st stay here. I have stayed numerous times. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast is delicious. You are very close to Paddington Station. Highly recommend.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you very much for recommending us to future travellers.
We hope to see you again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed August 4, 2019 via mobile

The hotel itself is situated perfectly, close to Paddington station/underground which is perfect for sightseeing in London.
Despite the location the room itself was tiny, and the bathroom was just uncomfortably small. My boyfriend was unable to sit on the toilet while having the door closed as his knees pushed against it. It felt very much like a toilet you would get in a small caravan.
The breakfast was disappointing, it was a strange mix of foods - arguably a continental breakfast but I’m not 100% it would pass as that.
We wouldn’t chose this particular hotel again but we do understand that you don’t get a lot for your money when in the area.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PaddingtonHotels, Manager at Shakespeare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions. At Shakespeare, we always strive to offer the best experience for all our guests and so we are disappointed that your stay was not perfect. For that reason,we will take your remarks under consideration in order to improve our performance .

Wish you all the best in your future travels.