“Best place stay near Oxford Circus at very reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hallam Hotel

Hallam Hotel
Ranked #1,020 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Best place stay near Oxford Circus at very reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

Hallam Hotel is in a great location with lovely walks along the shopping street of Oxford circus. Shops are close as are pubs with good food. The Hotel was clean with everything you could need, It is the best place in a such a location with very competitive fair for business class as well as tourist..The owners and staff are very welcoming and have great customer service skills.

Room Tip: Higher floors are very impressive
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bournemouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed here with family last weekend and it was perfect! Lovely clean pacious room, TV, shower room and comfy beds! The hotel is only mins from town and the full english breakfast buffet was delicious! Definitely going to stay again when I next visit Bournemouth! Thank you to all the staff x

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jigarbournemouth
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

Location is really good in the heart of London.
Quality is decent, small hotel but nice.
Service is fine, Staff is friendly, they help you out with directions and placers to go.
Overall a good place to stay if you're here for a meeting or as a tourist.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Astar009
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

I'm sorry for myself and future guests £57 is not worth it! The sound of the tube every 2 minutes, the lack of staff energy. The dirty bathroom, towels and beds just don't deserve a star! Itching just talking about it. I'm stocked that booking.com even wanna be associated!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 000000004246

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Porto, Portugal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Dirty and shabby hotel. Very small bethroom, without space for the luggage, and not clean. The shower is dirty and without hot water. Not friendly people! Poor breakfast. There is no bar, the drinks are in the reception. And the hotel seems not safe. Only the location is good.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Inesmesq
Dalton-in-Furness, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Disgusting hotel from start to finish. Staff miserable and obviously don't like their jobs! Hotel was very dirty and dated. In need of a good revamp and clean. Breakfast cold, probably cooked the night before. Food hygiene certificate on dining room door stated only 1 star and in their opinion was well below hygiene standards. The bedroom (no 19) had a dirty carpet, pee stain on bed, taps that spun around on sink and a trickling shower. The only good thing about this hotel was the location.

Room Tip: Don't bother booking this hotel!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
St Columb Major, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Had to attend conference close to Harley Street and like an idiot didn't look for reviews here.
Booked for 2 nights and arrived to a very rude female receptionist (possibly the Managers wife as her husband was on his mobile shouting at someone). Were given our room key and not directed to our room or told that there was a lift. Managed to find our room only to find a cotton bud just outside our door? Should have heeded that, on entering we found ourselves in a reasonable sized room, overlooking the front of the Hotel with a nice view down a street opposite next to the BBC Centre. The room itself was old and tired, with dark and dreary heavy lined curtains and a very dodgy looking bedspread made of the same material. This was folded and chucked on the floor. We inspected the sheets and pillow cases and despite my wife finding a black hair thought that it wasn't too bad. The bathroom was in all fairness bijou to say the least and the tiling needed attention. The sink was tiny, with a mixer tap taking up what little basin there was. The shower was hot and despite having a curtain in front did a reasonable job. The TV was fine and the bed comfortable.

We managed to find the breakfast room more by luck than judgement, and found a very cross looking black lady leaning against the hall wall with her arms crossed, We assumed that she was a guest, waiting for her husband to come out of breakfast, but no .. she was our waitress......
we found her standing behind us with 2 menus. I asked if I could have cornflakes as well as a full breakfast as this was not clear from the menu and was asked how I wanted my eggs? I decided I would have poached as they are hard to keep warm and would be fresh. My wife asked if she could have brown bread and was told" Only White". Our cornflakes arrived and we both tucked into them with gusto, only to find when half way through that our waitress was standing by me holding my cooked breakfast. well I may have seen her coming and being of a cantankerous nature when faced with a very rude person, may have taken a little longer to notice her than normal and I may have looked all over the very full table for two in a confused state saying "Oh dear" over and over again, finally picking up my cornflakes dish with my spare hand, but I was not ready for her to shove the breakfast on my placemat and just turn round and walk out. I was left to sit with the bowl in the air eating the rest of my cornflakes??? The breakfast was good, sausage, 2 pieces of bacon, poached egg and tomato. I was not impressed by the service but the meal was ok and I assumed when we went for breakfast the following day that it must have been her last day as there was a Chinese lady waiting on us the following day. Have to say I have stayed in better places EVERYWHERE else. But the price is excellent and position fantastic.

Room Tip: Front is good
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business