“Great location - Average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hallam Hotel

Hallam Hotel
Ranked #1,018 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Great location - Average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

The location was great, only 5 minutes walk from Oxford street and from a subway station.

The hotel it self was not so good. The service was all right. One staff member were great and was ready to help us with everything, he even got us ride from the airport. Another staff member was pretty rude, he could not put up smile once.

But overall, the hotel was a good choice. Got it for a good value and the location was the only thing that mattered for me in this trip, cause the time I had was not so much.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This small family runned hotel in the city centre of London is quite cheap for London standards. But the horrific stories i read here before didn't come true. The room was okay there was no noise and we could take a proper shower, though we could see the cleaning didn't have top priority, we had a comfortable stay. Just dont expect too much if you don't pay too much either....

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Baadam
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Let's start by saying that the hotel manager promised me, one month ago in a mail, to refund half of the price I paid for the night, and I still haven't seen any refund. You might wonder, why I should be refunded? Well, because in my room I only had boiling hot shower and I had to go to the basement to take a shower, all covered in soap and just with a towel around my hips. All this in front of people who were having their breakfast... I would have burst into laughter at the absurdity of the scene, if I hadn't been so angry. On top of that, the "cabin room" where I slept in was like a coffin: 2.5-meter long by 1.5 meter wide, you really feel burried in it. I wouldn't recommend the hotel even to my worst enemy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Maurizio M

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Grand Cayman
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

The place was a complete and utter dump. There were rodent droppings on the floor, no hot water, the room was dirty/dingy, old and outdated furnishings, leaking water pipe in the bathroom, staff was very uninformative, phone in room didn't work, noise from kitchen at early hour, as well as noise from the laundry room. Wasn't sure if the sheets on the bed were clean, so I asked for a clean set to put on top. Have requested a refund for the nights that were paid in advance, as I relocated after one night at Hallam Hotel, and have had no response from management. Very poor conditions and even worse management. They don't even have the decency to responde to my emails or faxes, and I haven't been able to catch the manager on duty for a phone conversation.

Room Tip: Don't bother! It's a dump; there are no good rooms!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MichelleMcT1968
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I turned up to stay in this hotel and was appalled to be given a room which was already inhabited or just not made up - either way the standard was abysmal. The furnishings were worse than a cheap caravan. The reception area was filthy and and in the corridor here was a woman sitting who looked like she was surveying the men coming in to service her females. I left - horrified that this place masquerades as a hotel in the UK - filthy, unpleasant staff, horrid rooms and not that cheap considering what they expect you to accept. As for feedback - I care not what the management say - they are clearly not BRITISH in their attitude to hospitality, cleanliness and should not be in this trade.

Room Tip: Just stay away! sadly I did not take a photo as I just wanted to get away it was that bad.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank elizaliddell
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend were in London for the night to see a show and just wanted somewhere basic to bed down for the night. Well there is basic, and then there's this place... Our room was downstairs and the first thing that struck us was the smell which was absolutely horrific. You could barely move in the bathroom which was filthy. Had to wait a good 5 minutes for the shower to go warm. Arrived back from our evening out to a FREEZING cold room. Turned the two radiators on. My boyfriend got up in the middle of the night to use the toilet to find the bathroom half flooded, the radiator leaking everywhere. Couldn't even shower in the morning. How anyone could even think about eating breakfast here is beyond me. We aren't fussy people, and we weren't expecting 5 star by any means, but we were at least expecting a clean, warm room that we could shower in and a breakfast that was edible. Upon complaining about the leak etc at checkout we were told in broken English that we still could have showered!! Not so much as a sorry!! I wouldn't stay here again if THEY paid ME to return. Absolute hellhole.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cakell
Lee-on-the-Solent, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

awful place I am sure I went into the shower cleaner than I came out! cold, mouldy and shabby, staff didn't understand English, there were pubic hairs in the bath and used soap also with hairs on. I shared my breakfast with ants!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business