1) There was no natural light at all
2) The windows handles were nearly all broken and made opening them difficult (fire risk)
3) If you managed to open the window all you could see was pitch black and hear the sound of little rodent feet (which we heard at numerous points through the night)
4) The light was hanging from the ceiling with wires showing
5) The walls were bubbling and peeling
6) Some area’s of the wall had no paint left on at all
7) The television on the wall had a wire hanging onto the bed below and didn’t look very secure
8) There were a number of screws sticking out the wall in the room and “en-suite”
9) The shower sprayed directly onto the wall opposite with no way of redirecting it downwards to actually hit a person
10) The shower door did not close
11) There was no hook on the bathroom wall but was a metal surround showing where one may have once existed, I know this as I scratched my arm on it whilst getting changed!
12) The Scotia around the bottom of the flooring went about a metre around the floor then disappeared and grime replaced it
13) The handle on the wardrobe was broken
14) The carpet leading to the basement had a number of mats over it and was clearly a trip hazard
15) The door to the room did not seam very secure, I think it would have opened using very little force.
16) Customer service was terrible, no refunds available and had the attitude "tough you have paid you have to stay here!"
17) The basement should not have been used as a room - there was no natural light at all, absolutely terrible hotel. Stay clear.
18) The staff were shouting outside the room door at 6am on Monday morning for 2 hours!
19) The room had clearly not been cleaned for some time with thick layers of dust, crumbs and drugs under the bed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victorian-style hotel, near the city, between Queensway and Lancaster Gate - 30 miles to Heathrow, 40 miles to Gatwick. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Craven Gardens London
- Craven Gardens Hotel London, England