Roseate House London
Great 4.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Good 3.5/5
1,564 results
All reviewsthe royal park hotelpaddington stationheathrow expressfour posterhyde barlancaster gateposter bedclose to hyde parkcharming hotelafternoon tearoom servicecontinental breakfastkensington gardenssmall hotelquiet areacentral linefive minute walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We spent a night at the Royal Park Hotel, and unfortunately, the hotel did not live up to expectations based on TripAdvisor reviews.
The good:
- Location, location, location.
The hotel is a short walk from Paddington station, with its high speed transfer to Heathrow, as well as a stone's throw from Hyde Park and a pleasant stroll to Oxford Street.
- Housekeeping.
The room was clean as was the bathroom. The common areas seemed to be clean as well.
The bad:
- Room
We had booked an executive double, and were promised 'a view over leafy Westbourne Terrace'. Unfortunately, the view of our ground floor room was of a brick wall. Not particularly pleasant.
Our room turned out to be right next to the breakfast room, which meant incessant noise and activity right outside our door from very early on. Sleep was basically impossible from approximately 6 am onwards, as we could hear staff setting up and clearing plates RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR DOOR.
- Bathroom
The bathroom, while clean, had no window nor any ventilation, which meant that our entire room was boiling after our morning showers.
- Front desk
While we were greeted pleasantly by the staff as we arrived, we were not particularly impressed by their call at 6:30 am to inquire into whether we had booked a taxi, when we had not. If we had been asleep (ie. if we hadn't already been woken by the breakfast mess), this would have caused much more consternation than it did.
Surely they can keep track of their taxi reservations? I do not understand how they thought it acceptable to call a room on the off chance that they have booked a taxi at that time of the morning. Furthermore, the staff did not follow up with a sincere apology later, which one might have expected considering the error.

In fact, I was prepared to discuss my concerns upon check-out to give the hotel a chance to improve, but no one asked me how our stay had been. It seems that either the staff does not really care, or they know that the room we were given (for which we paid a premium) is sub-par, and they therefore don't really want to hear the truth.

In short, while we will definitely use Paddington as our London base again in the future, we will not be visiting the Royal Park any time soon.

Room Tip: Do not accept a ground floor room!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HeidiToronto_Canada
Laurent B, General Manager at Roseate House London, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you very much for your review and your very valuable comments.
I completely understand that our ground floor rooms are not to the taste of everyone and I am really sorry that, as this was not convenient to you, we could not offer you an alternative of a higher floor.
The reception team is always very good in making sure our guests' requests are granted, as much as possible. I am sorry this was not the case on this occasion.
As I know you are a frequent traveller to our area, please do contact me directly when you are next in London and I will personally handle your reservation.

Laurent lboutonne@theroyalpark.com

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The overall service was very friendly, accomodated and professional. The room was a bit small but very nicely decorated and comfortable. The only minor thing that bother me was there was no ventilation in the bathroom while showering so you had to open a window to get some air. Prime location - it was close to everything we needed - public transit (2 underground/tube stations) several restaurants, souvenir and coffee shops within walking distance. There are also several banks (ATM machines) and small fruit markets to pick up water and fresh fruit or groceries if needed. I found this location to be relatively safe. It's just on the north side of Hyde Park and Kensington Palace. Breakfast at the hotel is NOT included and very expensive so I recommend taking a walk to get a cheaper breakfast. Free champagne every evening from 7-8pm (nice touch). Afternoon Tea is also served everyday for an extra fee, of course. Would I stay there again - YES!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BucketList416

Thank you ever so much for your lovely review!
Please watch out for our special rate which include breakfast, such as, at the moment, our winter promotion. Please note this is only available from our own website: www.theroyalpark.com
We look forward to seeing you soon,

Reviewed October 20, 2013

have stayed a few times and with each stay I am always treated very well which shows great consistency in service. The hotel rooms are very nicely designed with nice decor. The beds are very comfortable. And the bathrooms are very spacious. I will continue to visit for business and possibly for pleasure some day too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

I can see you travelled on business, please let us know should you require a corporate rate for your future stays.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Royal Park Hotel,

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Dont be mislead by the hotel site. It is not a large hotel, but a very small, hole in the wall hotel. Our driver could not even find the hotel, it is that small.

Also, that is why they only show you the beds in the site photos, not the actual rooms.

We paid $315 for the room and could not believe it was a 8 x 8 room looking at a dirty wall. We and our luggage could not fit int he room at the same time. We could barely walk around the bed.

After asking about another room, they gave us another 8 x 8 room looking at some dirty roof tops.

Holiday Inn would have been a better choice.

They offered us to upgrade to a four poster room for $80, which we did. It was a better room.

WE PAID $400 FOR A OK ROOM IN A HOLE IN WALL HOTEL..

What a bargain.

Room Tip: Pay at least $400 a day and you might not get a 8 x 8 that you and your luggage cannot fit into.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kirk C

Thank you very much for your comments.
I am not sure whether you saw advertised somewhere that we are a large hotel, but it is definitely not the case. We are a boutique hotel and only have 48 bedrooms. The building is made up of three townhouses which were put together to create a hotel.
We don't only show pictures of the beds on the website, we actually even have a link which gives you a 360 tour of the rooms, see the link: http://www.theroyalpark.com/360suite
I do appreciate that some of our classic rooms are not very large and I am glad you decided to upgrade to a more convenient size and category.
Please contact me directly when you next choose to stay in London and I will personally handle your reservation.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Royal Park is not cheap. With the price comes a fantastic quiet location a 5 minute walk from the Healthrow Express train, a lovely very comfortable room, nice flat screen HDTV, and free Wifi that works well. Best of all the Reception and Bell staff are friendly, helpful, and caring. Special requests are handled with charm and understanding and there's a welcome tea or coffee service and a complimentary reception each evening. Unfortunately the breakfast area is so small that booking for breakfast need be made the night before and waits for service there can be long. We didn't try the alternative for room service. So that might be the solution. The other negative is that the Royal Park is not immune from what seems to be a Paddington area's consequences of being housed in a very old building. The water faucets screech, the walls between rooms are quite thin, and the lovely and large bathroom shows some age. The lack of a tea/coffee maker in the room makes early getaways a bit more difficult.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple