“Charming Rooms with mod cons + central location yet still quiet”

The Royal Park - A Roseate House Hotel
Ranked #101 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Sydney, Australia
“Charming Rooms with mod cons + central location yet still quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed for two nights in a lovely room with a very comfortable four poster bed - old world charm yet the room also included 2 LCD wall-mounted TV's and a fantastic bathroom - great water pressure and huge bath.

Just around the corner from Paddington tube station and easy access to zip over to Notting Hill etc. Being on a main road I was worried about noise however the windows were double glazed so we slept peacefully plus you can open the windows and enjoy some fresh air which is a huge bonus. Parking was around 20GBP per day - pretty good for central London.

There is a limited room service menu however the food we had was just fine - there are also loads of cafes and restaurants on the next few blocks so you walk 2 mins and find lots of other eating options. Staff were all friendly and the small size of this hotel meant they could provide personal service.

Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Book one of the rooms with a four poster bed and opening windows
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Miffy72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

At $275/night, I expect more from a hotel. The rooms are old and small, the staff did not have any good recommendations for places to visit/eat and even the arrival drink they offered never made it to our room. The location, however, was great. We were able to walk all over London and catch any tube line back to either Lancaster Gate or Paddington, from which the hotel is a short walk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Laurent B, General Manager at The Royal Park - A Roseate House Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments.
I would like to express my sincere apologies for not reaching your expectations on your recent stay with us.
My team and I spend a lot of our time regularly checking the standards of our bedrooms and public areas. Not only the Housekeeping team but also our Duty Managers spot check our bedrooms to make sure they are always meeting our standards. The decor of our bedrooms is indeed classic and very english which purely defines the identity of the Royal Park Hotel.
Please also note that our classic rooms are the smallest of our rooms but we also have Executive rooms, Four Poster Bed Suites and Deluxe Suites, with a separate private lounge, which are much larger rooms.
I was really sorry to read that we were not able to recommend a nice place to eat as we always praise ourselves with the great contacts and relationships we have with restaurants in the area but also in Mayfair, the West end and all over London. I will investigate further who might have handled your enquiry.
Thank you once again for your very valuable comments but I can assure you that they do not represent the level of service I want our guests to experience. Therefore I will ensure that your comments are communicated to my team members and we will together endeavour to put significant improvements in place.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I would like to personally thank the entire team for the most comfortable long stay at The Royal Park Hotel - its simply fabulous!! Everyone was so friendly and helpful that each day was so well spent.

Thanks for the gracious hospitality as I enjoyed every moment of my stay !!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your lovely review, this means a lot to everyone here at the Royal Park.
We hope you had a safe journey back home and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Park.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

A welcome change from bland chains, real attention to detail. Room small but very well appointed. Service at breakfast enthusiastic but slightly eccentric. Would stay again.

Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012
Sherman Oaks, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Spent 4 nights at the Royal Park Hotel based on its 4 star rating because we wanted to treat ourselves. Would not consider it a 4 star hotel, but a 3 star hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Liked that the continental breakfast was brought to the room rather than having to go down to a dining room - allowed us to sleep in a bit.
Room was okay. Bathroom was fair. No counter space; tub/shower was so high that we could have used a step stool to get in and out of it. It was also very slippery but we asked for a rubber tub mat and it was provided. No outlet in bathroom for hairdryer and only outlet you could use in the room was not near a mirror.
Room and bathroom were not cleaned very well.
Location was okay. It was an easy walk to several underground stations.
Frankly, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Laurent B, General Manager at The Royal Park - A Roseate House Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you very much for your very valuable comments.
I was sorry to read that your experience at the Royal Park did not reach your expectations.
Please feel free to contact me directly as I would like to understand more in depth where we failed to reach your expectations of service.
Cleanliness of the hotel is key and essential for me and for the team working here at the Royal Park. In relations to the size of your bedroom, none of our rooms have the same shapes or sizes, therefore it is important for us to learn your likes and dislikes to offer you a more convenient room when you return.
Please do contact us directly when you are next in London as I can guarantee we can win your confidence back and change your mind about the Royal Park.

lboutonne@theroyalpark.com
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Royal Park for 4 nights last October. All in all it was a very pleasant experience: great location near Paddington station, tastefully restored building with lots of attention to details, very spaciuos rooms and bathrooms (for London), again, very tastefully decorated, with matching antiques, spotlessly clean, quiet and well-apointed. Service is generally attentive and helpful. On the downside - free wi-fi was very slow and flimsy and the procedure of having to order (the excellent if pricy) breakfast by filling a form the night before is a bit irritating. But these are minor reservations. I will certainly return!

Room Tip: I got an excellent room without making any special request, so I can't really tell.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind review!
I am sorry about the confusion around ordering your breakfast.
You only have to fill up the card if you would like to have it delivered in your room. Should you wish to have breakfast in the Green room, you do not have to fill in any cards, just come down and help yourself from the buffet.
With regards to the WiFi, I am aware this can sometimes be a bit slow and I am working on upgrading our system at the moment.
I look forward to having you back at the Royal Park very soon,
Kind regards,

Laurent
Moss, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel, with a very good location.
5mns to subway, 15mins to Oxford street, 5 mms to Hyde Park.
The rooms have many good reasons to relax.
Very good breakfast and service is excellent.
But I think its a bit expensive.

I would go back there!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your review.
Do contact us directly when you next choose to stay with us as we are always able to be more flexible on rates and prices. We sometimes have special offers which we can taylor make to suit your needs.
Once again, thank you very much for your comments, they are very important to me.

I hope to see you again soon,

Kind regards,