“Any closer to Selfridges and you'd be in it”

London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
Ranked #369 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Toronto, ON
“Any closer to Selfridges and you'd be in it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel is in an unbeatable location, steps from the shops of Oxford Street, the famous high tea of Claridges, and the runner's paradise of Hyde Park. It's within easy walking distance to several Tube stops -- Bond Street is closest, but Oxford Circus makes the most sense if you're arriving at Gatwick and taking the Express to Victoria Station. I walked easily to Leicester Square in about 30 minutes. If you're travelling alone, you won't feel remotely unsafe in this neighbourhood. I found this hotel through a Priceline mystery shop, so paid considerably less than the rack rate, which made me love it even more. Staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. When my room wasn't ready for my early arrival, they offered to text me when it became available and were quick to store my bags. Rooms are comfortable and contain a mini bar, plenty of closet space, free wifi and a comfortable toilet/bath area. A good find for breakfast is Pain au Quotidien (about two blocks away) at 18 Great Marlborough St. If you're coming from North America and don't know John Lewis (the department store at 278 Oxford Street), do yourself a favour and do a little exploring there. The fashion is beautifully and thoughtfully curated.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank TravellerfromTO
Ian P, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear TravellerfromTO

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor.

I would like to thank you for your comments about the hotel and the staff and was very pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I do hope we will see you again in the near future.

Ian Pask

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Indonesian first
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed here because it was mid way between the park and the venue where I would be presenting a seminar for 2 days. It was perfect. Great front desk staff, nice room overlooking the park, quiet yet right in the center of everything. Marriott beds, so comfy, lounge for breakfast goodies. Will certainly stay again.

Room Tip: higher floors facing the park are quite nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear SheryC

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to see you had a great stay with us and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit.

Portland, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Rooms were good size for London. Staff provided great service. Love the location- just a stone's throw to Oxford street. Went to lunch at maze restaurant. Wasn't particularly impressed and very expensive. The hotel was typical of Marriott - which is why I picked it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Rick J

Thank you for taking the time to Review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for for your comments regarding the staff service, it is always a pleasure to read comments of this nature. I was pleased to see you had a good overall stay with us. I have passed on your feedback to the managers at Gordon Ramsay Holdings regarding your experience in Maze Restaurant.

I do hope we will the oppertunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Ian Pask.
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

When I started my professional life in the mid eighties, my first foreign visit was to London. Working for the Dutch ABN-bank we always stayed at the Marriott ( Grosvenor Square). Nowadays I stay in different hotels in London. Two weeks ago my flight from City Airport to Rotterdam was cancelled, so I had to stay in London. Decided to spend the night in Marriott London Grosvenor Square. Was not a disappointment . Service was very good, people helpful at the reception, recharger for I-phone available, could get a small bite at the lounge, slept well, room, kingsbed, quite, taxi was on time 5h45 am to get me for a fixed price to Heathrow, British Airways saved me

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Marnix V
Dear Marnix V

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read to had an enjoyable stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business and it was the least value stay I had in thd past couple of years. I almost paid a rack rate and as a Platinum my alledged upgrade (if any) turned out mediocre.
The club lounge is spacious but remains of relatively poor/cheap range of food and beverages.
Room and bathroom show signs of tear while provided linen had a toren towel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank dabbagmm
Ian P, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear dabbagmm

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was very sorry to see we failed to meet your expectations on your recent visit. I have passed on your feedback regarding he club lounge to our executive chef. Please do contact my assistant on louise.jameson@marriott.com who will be delighted to look after you on your next vist.

I do hope we will have the oppertunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Awesome location - just steps away from Bond Street, Buckingham Palace, tube etc! I was very impressed with how friendly and prompt the service was - whenever I called for anything, they were there in minutes. Common areas, including the business lounge, fitness center and family rooms were great. The hotel rooms were clean and spacious, modern technology in the room. The only thing I would say is that the hallway carpets probably could be replaced, they are a little unattractive.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank babyphat2008
Ian P, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear babyphat2008

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that your stay with the London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square was enjoyable.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very old Nd needs to be redone. Small rooms. Gym was closed the days I stayed. Wasn't impressed with anything, service included. It seems the standards of marriott a have gone way down in recent years and hotels like this are an example of that.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank haveAnyIrish
Ian P, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear haveAnyIrish

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations from your recent visit with us. I truly appreciate the feedback you provided.

I have checked with our Engineering team and our gym has not been closed in the last year it has been open, you do however need your room key to gain access to the gym.
It is regrettable that your visit with us did not fulfil your expectations, you mentioned you werent impressed with anything service included - If you had some specific feedback this would really assist me with addressing any problem areas with my teams. Please do not hessitate to send this to my PA on louise.jameson@marriott.com.

Should your travels bring you back to London, I do hope that you reconsider visiting us again, so we may be able to have the opportunity of showing you our usual and expected first class service.