“Outstanding hotel. Perfect location”

London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
Ranked #361 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed at the Grosvenor Square Marriott for the weekend between business trips to the UK and France. This hotel is everything and more you would expect from a Marriott. Excellent rooms, decor and customer service. The executive club is large and open extended hours. Till midNight every night. My room overlooked Grosvenor Square and I could see the American Embassy across the park. It's is an upscale neighborhood with shopping and dining and close to everything. Would defiantly stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NJ_Bus_Trvlr
There are newer reviews for London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square

Reviewed November 1, 2013

central location - the whole city is walkable from here - with a fabulous staff, and a crafty bar that didn't get much traffic --- the conciege and front-desk staff was fabulous and we were very happy with our room, too

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is one of the better Marriott properties that I have stayed in, way better than the ones I have been to in the USA.
The reception/lobby is small but very tastefully decorated, the Luggage Room Bar is great and the rooms are contemporary and nice.
The location is just perfect for any visitors to London.....a 3 minute walk to Bond St tube station and also 3 minutes walk to Selfridges department store on Oxford St. About a 5 minute walk to Park Lane and Hyde Park.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 10AFC
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The Marriott Grosvenor Square was a great choice for my family's trip to London. The location is great. Kensington Park is around the corner, and most attractions are a short taxi ride. The rooms were very nice, good size for London. The staff was very helpful. Overall a very good experience.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rhanna03
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is a great location, as anyone who knows London will tell you. However, service is really sub par compared to other Marriotts. I stayed for 3 nights for business. As a Gold member, I am typically upgraded. Not so this time. I was given an ordinary room and told I would be upgraded tomorrow. Tomorrow came and went - I was told I should have called to let them know I still needed an upgrade. Lounge is subterranean and cramped. You could get better value for money - and much better service - at some of the other Marriotts nearby (Park Lane, etc.) If Marriott managers are reading, you need to pay more attention to service here. This is not the Marriott way.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank S D
Krupa L, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear S D

Thank you for taking the time toreview our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I would like to sincerly apologise to you that your stay was negativly impacted by what you called sub Par service. Any feeback you have as to what sort of issues you experienced would be very helpful as we are always striving to improve.

Our rewards members are the reason behind our success as a hotel and brand. We need to recognise and value our members consistently which clearly did not happen during your visit. I sincerely apologise for our performance.

I do hope we have the oppertunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Please contact my assistant directly and she would be more than happy to manage your stay from its begining stages. I will send this to you in a private message.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
Ian Pask

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Wonderful hotel to stay in that has one of the best locations in London. Just off Oxford Street, it is convenient for shopping, dining and sight seeing. Although it is located in the heart of the city, it is yet just a perfectly tucked away from the major street so it is peaceful and calm.

The room was very stylishly furnished and has one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Service was friendly and professional. I could not ask for a better hotel to stay in. I will definitely come back to this place again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

It's a beautiful property with spacious rooms for London and all amenities are top of the line. Bed is comfortable with fluffy pillows and comforter. Gym is great and restaurant is good although the service there is slow and food not memorable but ok. Breakfast is good.

All in all, my two girlfriends and I enjoyed our stay. However, there was a party going on downstairs and the music was very loud. We even had to call down and were told the music was just about to stop (this was already at midnight and we had wanted to go to sleep before then), which it did not for another half an hour. It was very disturbing, especially since we had jetlag from arriving from the US the day before and had to travel far the next day for business. Not ok! If you have an area for events, the soundproofing of such venues must improve or the sound kept down at a reasonable hour.

Also, we asked for extra towels and it took over half an hour for us to get them.

So, great property in general but improvements needed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends