“I really wanted to give this hotel a good review....”

Hilton London Green Park
Ranked #573 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“I really wanted to give this hotel a good review....”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I really wanted to give this hotel an excellent review after reading the mixed reviews on here.
The hotel was in an excellent location, something nobody could argue, but you certainly pay for the location!
We booked the hotel through Tesco rewards (or boost) but had to add over £120 cash. The charge for the room was £234 per night - I was told this was for a "double deluxe" as if this was in some way better than a standard room - it turns out that this is very much the standard room, and for £234 I believe the standard should be better!

When we got to the room I have to admit to being disappointed in the size - it really was only a fraction larger than a double bed, however we only needed a place to sleep so we decided to grin and bear it, until we opened the curtains (to a brick wall view) and saw/heard a bar below us, it was early evening on Friday night and was very noisy! As this was our first weekend away without our baby we were really looking forward to a good nights sleep ... and this didn't look promising! So having read the reviews on here where the manager asks that any problems are brought to attention, we went back down to reception to ask if we could change to a quieter room - only to be told that this was no possible as there were no more rooms available - despite me have a quick look online and being able to book one!

I know that when you I pay with vouchers the hotel may not get that full amount, but I could have spent them anywhere, but chose to spend them with Hilton. I cant help feeling that when paying with Tesco vouchers, we don't always get the service we would have if paying fully in cash.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Good location but shabby room and high prices. The room was small and has seen better days, the heating didn't work in mine. In fairness the staff did bring a small heater right away which worked OK. The good points: staff very helpful, great breakfast selection and in a good location. Bad points: rates are very high considering the room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Devon
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Great hotel, perfect location for both tube station or you can walk to Piccadilly circus within 10mins. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was lovely with lots of choice in a relaxing restaurant setting. Our room was a good size and very comfortable for a 2 night stay.
We contacted the hotel prior to our stay as it was my Mum's birthday, they kindly arranged a cake for us free of charge and also treated us to a bottle of wine in the bar on arrival. This was a nice surprise and we very much appreciated their efforts to make our stay more speical!
We would have no hesitation in returning to this hotel and would certainly reccommend it to others. We will be returning...thanks Hilton Green Park!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My Husband and I have just enjoyed yet another great weekend at the Hilton Green Park. The location of this hotel is perfect to get around london with Green Park Tube station just around the corner. Although the Hotel Building is very old the accomodation is clean and comfortable. The staff are all wonderful from Reception & Concierge to the Bar and Restaurant. The bufett breakfast is very good but would advise to go early to avoid a long wait in the bar area. That said whilst waiting to be seated you can help yourself to fresh orange juice and tea or coffee. Will be going back same time next year as we enjoyed it so much.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
canvey island
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Had a christmas afternoon tea at The Hilton Green Park, disapointed. The sandwiches, cake, tea and half glass of champagne were fine but the rest not so. I would not return or recommend. I cant believe this was a Hilton, have never been to a Hilton before, admittedly, but this is most certainly is not how I imagined one. The carpets were dirty, the furniture grim and worn looking. Despite the time of year, not a festive decorative effort in sight. Other hotels nearby had tasteful christms touches and looked cosy and inviting, this one...not so. Afternoon tea srarts at 1pm and we arrived too early at 12:45 but were not allowed to be seated and were told to wait in the reception area.grim. However, when 1 o'clock came they did not even collect us, we had to come back ourselves and then state again why we were here. We were taken to a table, but the waitress did not even take my coat, I had to hang it on the back of my chair (it was a long coat so hung on the floor!). Considering we were first in the dining area I was disappointed to find remnants of food, not small crumbs but crusts, on the carpet underneath the table. So not only was carpet stained it was also not even hoovered. Nasty. As I have said, the food and drink were nice (a full glass of champagne would have been better though). However, once the food and tea had been served...the service ended. So we ended up just getting up and leaving? No thankyou for coming, come again. I can only presume this hotel is the poor relative, or overspill, of the park lane Hilton around the corner.
There was one positive to the experience, it is just a stones throw from hyde park and we were able to have a festive stroll around the christmas market.
A poor experience I'm afraid, disappointing, have had better service/surroundings in a costa.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed here and cannot say how lovely this hotel is. The staff was amazing, especially the manager Mohammed. I feel like location is so important for a trip and this is in Mayfair, which is absolutely gorgeous, "high-end" and so close to many attracttions. Love this hotel!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Massively overpriced and under achieving hotel. mold, damp and noisy rooms. uneven and lumpy beds. massively over priced bar (£12.60 for 2 pints of lager, I know it's London but really?) and staff that don't really want you there at all. Avoid this if you have a choice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple