I really wanted to give this hotel an excellent review after reading the mixed reviews on here.
The hotel was in an excellent location, something nobody could argue, but you certainly pay for the location!
We booked the hotel through Tesco rewards (or boost) but had to add over £120 cash. The charge for the room was £234 per night - I was told this was for a "double deluxe" as if this was in some way better than a standard room - it turns out that this is very much the standard room, and for £234 I believe the standard should be better!
When we got to the room I have to admit to being disappointed in the size - it really was only a fraction larger than a double bed, however we only needed a place to sleep so we decided to grin and bear it, until we opened the curtains (to a brick wall view) and saw/heard a bar below us, it was early evening on Friday night and was very noisy! As this was our first weekend away without our baby we were really looking forward to a good nights sleep ... and this didn't look promising! So having read the reviews on here where the manager asks that any problems are brought to attention, we went back down to reception to ask if we could change to a quieter room - only to be told that this was no possible as there were no more rooms available - despite me have a quick look online and being able to book one!
I know that when you I pay with vouchers the hotel may not get that full amount, but I could have spent them anywhere, but chose to spend them with Hilton. I cant help feeling that when paying with Tesco vouchers, we don't always get the service we would have if paying fully in cash.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton London Green Park hotel is set between the leafy Royal Parks and the shops of Oxford, Regent and Bond Street. The stylish Georgian townhouse hotel is just 45 minutes by train from Heathrow Airport, and within easy walking distance to London attractions like Buckingham Palace, Westminster and Harrods. Boasting a traditional exterior with a contemporary interior, the hotel is a 3 minute walk away from Green Park Tube Station. Enjoy modern International cuisine at the Tiger Green Brasserie, sip afternoon tea and gin creations in the Berry Bar & Lounge or enjoy the 24-hour Room Service. The Hilton London Green Park hotel has state-of-the-art climate control system in all rooms, allowing guests to individually regulate their room’s temperature at the touch of a button.Steeped in history, dating back to the 1730’s, the Hilton London Green Park hotel is situated in one of London’s most prestigious locations. London’s “City” district is a quick tube or taxi ride away, yet within a short stroll of the hotel guests can experience the vibrancy and culture of the West End and Theatreland or Mayfair’s exclusive designer stores, restaurants, bars and the famous Royal parks of Central London.The Hilton London Green Park hotel offers wireless internet access, 5 conference and meeting rooms for 2 to 100, a conservatory in the restaurant and a 24-hour business centre. Canary Wharf is accessible via a direct tube link from Green Park on the Jubilee line. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton London Green Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Green Park Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Green Park England