Almost a year ago to the day i stayed here again for 2 nights, still quite expensive at around £280 per night but these days that's about the going rate for such a central location.
My visit in 2012 wasn't great, i rated it as "poor" and cited such things as poor room service food, hard pillows, air-con, noise and creaky floorboards as negative. In fact i was so disappointed that as well as my TA review i also complained on the guest questionnaire card which i handed in on my departure. I had a positive response from the hotel manager offering a complimentary night so when i re-booked for Jan 2013 i wasn't expecting this to still be on offer, it was, well remembered !
So have any of my previous issues been improved:
Room service - didn't try it on this stay
Hard Pillows - this time the pillows were excellent and about 6 on my bed !
Air Con - this seemed to work just fine
Room noise - apart from a creaky floorboard in my room (not good for the guests below) the corridor noise was minimal, i was on the top (5th floor) so no noise from above.
Overall this stay was a much more pleasant experience, a proper night sleep does certainly help here.
The reception team were extremely pleasant and helpful, the breakfast was good with a full choice of hot and cold foods including freshly cooked eggs/pancakes/omelettes.
Would i stay here again....maybe on business but as a personal trip i would be looking for a deal of under £200 a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton London Green Park hotel is set between the leafy Royal Parks and the shops of Oxford, Regent and Bond Street. The stylish Georgian townhouse hotel is just 45 minutes by train from Heathrow Airport, and within easy walking distance to London attractions like Buckingham Palace, Westminster and Harrods. Boasting a traditional exterior with a contemporary interior, the hotel is a 3 minute walk away from Green Park Tube Station. Enjoy modern International cuisine at the Tiger Green Brasserie, sip afternoon tea and gin creations in the Berry Bar & Lounge or enjoy the 24-hour Room Service. The Hilton London Green Park hotel has state-of-the-art climate control system in all rooms, allowing guests to individually regulate their room’s temperature at the touch of a button.Steeped in history, dating back to the 1730’s, the Hilton London Green Park hotel is situated in one of London’s most prestigious locations. London’s “City” district is a quick tube or taxi ride away, yet within a short stroll of the hotel guests can experience the vibrancy and culture of the West End and Theatreland or Mayfair’s exclusive designer stores, restaurants, bars and the famous Royal parks of Central London.The Hilton London Green Park hotel offers wireless internet access, 5 conference and meeting rooms for 2 to 100, a conservatory in the restaurant and a 24-hour business centre. Canary Wharf is accessible via a direct tube link from Green Park on the Jubilee line. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton London Green Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Green Park Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Green Park England