“Much improved since last visit”

Hilton London Green Park
Ranked #616 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Almost a year ago to the day i stayed here again for 2 nights, still quite expensive at around £280 per night but these days that's about the going rate for such a central location.
My visit in 2012 wasn't great, i rated it as "poor" and cited such things as poor room service food, hard pillows, air-con, noise and creaky floorboards as negative. In fact i was so disappointed that as well as my TA review i also complained on the guest questionnaire card which i handed in on my departure. I had a positive response from the hotel manager offering a complimentary night so when i re-booked for Jan 2013 i wasn't expecting this to still be on offer, it was, well remembered !
So have any of my previous issues been improved:
Room service - didn't try it on this stay
Hard Pillows - this time the pillows were excellent and about 6 on my bed !
Air Con - this seemed to work just fine
Room noise - apart from a creaky floorboard in my room (not good for the guests below) the corridor noise was minimal, i was on the top (5th floor) so no noise from above.

Overall this stay was a much more pleasant experience, a proper night sleep does certainly help here.
The reception team were extremely pleasant and helpful, the breakfast was good with a full choice of hot and cold foods including freshly cooked eggs/pancakes/omelettes.
Would i stay here again....maybe on business but as a personal trip i would be looking for a deal of under £200 a night.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Zoom6562
There are newer reviews for Hilton London Green Park

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The goods:
- Location. On the Piccadily street, just 2 minute walk from Green Park tube station, which has good connections. The Piccadily circus is about 10-15 minute walk. Knightsbridge is about 20 minute walk to the opposite direction.

- Staff. Very polite, smiling and willing to help. Very good concierge.

- Breakfast. Good choice, everything was fresh and tasty. Always lots of free seats, did not have to wait even at rush hour. I was charged GBP 14 for breakfast.

Bads:

- Room. I was put it a one of the smallest rooms I have ever had stayed in. The room was just a double bed and desk. The bathroom was OK. The view was to emergency stairs, preferred not to open curtains. The amenities and furniture were very simple. If you are taller than 6.3 feet (190cm), your head will hit the ceiling. So, all in all, this was the type of a room you would expect in three star hotels, but not at Hilton.

- No mini-bar. It was there, but empty. But the hotel was nice enough to put in a room a big bottle of a mineral water, free for Hilton Honors members.

- No gym. But having Green park across the street was convenient for running.

Overall, it is a simple hotel, saved by nice staff. But I will not stay there in future, mostly because of the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2013

First I reserved a Deluxe room plus and on the web site it says that they are on the ground and 5th floor. The first room I was given was room 36. This room was the size of a shoe box, when sitting at the desk the chair touched the bed. The deluxe plus room is also supposed to be luxurious with upgraded bathroom amenities. This room was anything but! Looking out the window all you could see was 4 walls and an air conditioner.

I was then moved to room 408. This room had slanted floors, marks all over the walls, mold in the bathroom, paint was chipped or peeling and the refrigerator was sitting in the middle of the floor. The room was so bad that I took a video so I could show my wife and to remind me never to stay here again. This room was also on a floor that does not have any Deluxe Plus rooms so I never received what I paid for! I feel that I was cheated!

I honestly can not believe HILTON has put their name on this hotel!

Watch out for the reviews as I believe that some of the reviews are for the Hilton Park Lane as this hotel only has 5 floors and you cannot see the park from any of the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times while visiting London. I love the location, just a short walk from the Green Park tube which links to three lines, making it easy to get anywhere in the city. There's an amazing sushi restaurant, Kiko's, across the street, a Boots, Starbucks, Prete, and a M&S Express within a couple of blocks. It's longer walk or a couple of tube stops to Selfridges and Oxford street shopping, Harrods and Knightsbridge, or Charing Cross and Trafalgar. The Mayfair neighborhood itself is very nice and safe for walking around.

I've found the staff at the Hilton Green Park uniformly friendly and competent. During my last vist, the guest upstairs overflowed his bath, causing leaks through the light fixtures in my room at 9:30pm. The manager on duty responded immediately when I called, checked out the problem, and moved me down the hall to another room within half an hour. I appreciated his quick action.

Room service options are freshly prepared and delivered in a timely manner. I enjoy the breakfast when I visit. There are lots of options, and they will make eggs to order. I think it's a bit expensive, so I only get it when it's included in my room rate.

I definitely recommend this hotel, and plan to stay here again when I am in London.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Green Park for work back in June 2013. I was so impressed with its amenities and location, I brought my family (all six of us) back for the first week of January 2013 at the tailend of our Christmas holiday in Europe. The Hilton Green Park is not your standard Hilton hotel. It is a series of former rowhouses joined on the interior to form the hotel. The lobby was renovated between my June stay and the January stay. The breakfast is fantastic - one does not usually see so many choices in a typical provided breakfast. We had a Deluxe Room Plus with an adjoining Deluxe room for the smaller children and another Deluxe room across the hall for the older children. The amenities in the rooms are wonderful (although the television channel choices could have at least one for children - too much news). The staff were just wonderful especially with the kids.

The location for this hotel is just about perfect. It is about three blocks from the Green Park Underground station. The Green Park station is completely accessible so whether you are utilizing Heathrow or City airports, you do not have to worry about steps in the Underground. It is a quick walk through Green Park to Buckingham Palace and a quick walk over to Regent Street or Piccadilly Circus.

This is a nice, comfortable hotel in the heart of Mayfair and just a quick tube ride away from all of the major London tourist destinations.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My hubby and I and our two teens stayed here at the end of December as the first stop of our long awaited European vacation! We booked one double and one twin guest room for two nights and requested interconnecting rooms. Our flight from Oz arrived at 6am and I had emailed the hotel prior to our visit to see about accessing our room prior to their stated 3pm check-in. I was advised that they would make every effort to have one of the rooms ready for us on arrival and we were delighted to be able to check in to one of the rooms at 7am after our 24 hour flight. The second room (interconnecting) was available less than an hour later. The hotel was lovely and cosy and check in was super friendly and easy. Yes the rooms were on the small side but the bed was big and the bathroom was a good size. And the buffet breakfast was AMAZING, truely it looked so lovely that we had to take photos. The location was perfect for sightseeing - Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park was a 10 minute walk, the hop-on hop-off bus stop was across the road and it was a five minute walk through Green Park to Buckingham Palace. There was a M&S two blocks away and a Starbucks around the corner. The only disapointment was the lack of free wi-fi in the rooms however it was available in the foyer. We stayed on the first floor and except for some inconsiderate guests returning to the hotel early one morning we weren't disturbed by noise. We booked through the website and got a fantastic deal and and would definately stay here again on our next visit to London.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on Saturday 26th jan for his birthday! We stayed in a king deluxe plus room and it was great. The staff at the hotel are very professional and really helpful, when we entered our room there was birthday cake, fruits and a half bottle of wine to help my husband celebrate his birthday. We both thought this was a really lovely touch. Our room was great, the only negative was the view but we weren't in London to look out o our window. We dined at the tiger brasserie and the food was nice. The breakfast is fantastic, there is something for everyone and neither my husband or myself could fault it in anyway. The location of the hotel is excellent and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and we will return. We had a great time! Thanks to everyone at the hotel, just a shame we couldn't stay longer

• Stayed: January 2013