“Good but....”

Ranked #573 of 1,067 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“Good but....”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I was in London for a couple nights on business. I chose to stay at this Hilton because it was centrally located and it was a good price. I thought to myself, it's a Hilton so it can't be bad. When I arrived I was surprised with how charming the hotel lobby and bar area were. Reminded me of a small boutique hotel. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. You could tell they were trying to make me feel welcome...and that continued throughout my stay.

When I opened the door to my small room, I was a bit taken aback. First by the size of the room, it was small...smaller than I expected for single bed. But even that was ok. It was the stained carpet and dirty walls that surprised me. A little more care on this point and this would have been a excellent experience.

1 Thank David C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel very late in a Friday or well, it was already Saturday. We were given a room in the ground floor and it was really noisy, it was just behind the reception and also the lifts so I really couldn’t sleep much. I had to call to the front desk at around 7 in the morning to see if they could do something about the noise but still we heard everything and it was impossible to sleep any more.
I asked them to change our room because the noisy was just too unbearable and they did, still in the ground floor as they said they have no room available in another floor. The new room was not noisy but the bed was much smaller that the one in the previous room. I think this was really a single room and not a double but we were just for a weekend and decided to just let it go. So, in my experience the hotel is not great in some aspects but the location is just perfect and also it is a clean hotel with nice and comfortable rooms (taking apart the noise and the small bed) and taking in consideration what you get in London for the same prices we paid here I may actually go back. I will just not accept that noisy room again!

1 Thank MONNA22
south carolina
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great location! Walk everywhere! The room was very nice! The breakfast was excellent! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here! Staff was friendly and helpful. Parking was a problem, but I guess its a problem everywhere in London. The parking garage associated with this hotel was several blocks away, which was inconvenient, but it would not deter us from coming back!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suehhi
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Good location near the Green Park station. The hotel is clean and the staff is wonderful. No free wifi for non-gold HH members. However, they did help us check in and print the boarding passes.

The room, for $280, was very disappointing. Small, even by European standards. Very few amenities, and very old. There was no view at all. And the mattress was sure as heck not a Sweet Sleeper. One of the "firmest" mattresses I have slept on.

The shower barely worked and set off the smoke detector when I used it. That sent security to the room while the phone rang and I was still wet in the shower. It was more fun than I had wanted to have at midnight.

For $140 this is an OK hotel in London. But for almost $300, it was quite disappointing.

1 Thank Wakky_J
Newton Le Willows, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed overnight on a business trip and chose this hotel mainly due to its location. Its a real nice place, the staff are all very attentive and friendly, rooms tpo quality as you would expect from a Hilton and the area is clean, vibrant and easy to get to. The food was excellent quality and not too expensive. My only critisism was that I took a ground floor room at the front of the hotel, it was about 2 ft from the window to pavement outside and at peak times was quite noisy. Nothing too bad though andf it didnt spoil my enjoyment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in one of the best locations, close to theaters, restaurants and shopping areas. Basically walking distance from many of the London landmarks like the Buckingham Palace. If you want to visit the Hyde park or famous Harrods it is walking distance as well

• Stayed September 2012
Rolle
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel has it all: reasonable price for London, very welcoming staff all through the hotel, location is prime near to everything, breakfast has a lot of choice, rooms are cosy. It is definitely somewhere to recommend to our friends. Wifi is fast and reliable. We look forward to repeating this positive experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family