2,173 results
All reviewspine baroxford streetthe club loungeamerican embassyoverlooking grosvenor squareavista restaurantpiano barafternoon teabond ststandard roomhyde parkexcellent locationgreen parkan upgradewest endconciergeselfridges
Reviewed March 24, 2009

I was very disappointed with my Millennium experience and would not choose to stay there again despite it being in a wonderful location.
For the price I paid for my three night stay I was expecting a luxury hotel where I could relax and feel as if I was being pampered. This was very far from a luxury experience. I felt as if I was in a sort of glorified motorway service station, it was all so impersonal and cold, not helped by aloof and unfriendly reception staff, though the concierge was helpful.
Our room was spacious enough and had a great outlook across Grosvenor Square which I loved but the room itself was far from luxurious. It was so cold we had to have an electric heater brought in and the bedside lamp continued to resist attempts to be cured of it's fault until eventually it was replaced on day two.
There were none of the little bathroom luxuries one would expect in an establishment charging such a high tariff: there was only one soap which we had to keep moving between bath and sink and one bubble bath which was barely sufficient for two people. Only two tea bags were provided on the tea tray each day (no biscuits) and on requesting more tea, a further two tea bags were brought to the room!!
Despite there being a flyer laid on my pillow announcing a tempting offer for dinner in the restaurant I was informed the offer had now ended and no the management was not prepared to honour it. We dined out in protest.
The bar is dark and stylish with a resident pianist which was nice but one evening I was served an undrinkable glass of wine for which I paid £8!
All in all the service and care about guests enjoyment is just not there and a certain spirit of meanness dims one's pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2009

Where do we start? This has to be the worst hotel stay that we have had anywhere in the world! We stayed there two nights ago and are still reeling from how bad it was. The hotel is in an excellent location, and having stayed there before, we were looking forward to our stay. The first room that we checked into had a number of faults (broken shower, strange fluff on the bottom of the curtains etc.), so we changed room. The new 'Superior' room that we were moved to was far from Superior!! There were a number of minor faults with the second room, but nothing we couldn't live with. Until... we went to go to bed and found that our 'double bed' was actually two singles zipped together (there was a huge gap between them, which was really uncomfortable). We rang down to the front desk to ask to be moved to a double bed (like we had booked), so that we could get a good night's sleep (after all, this was the point in us booking a good hotel). We were met by the most obstructive duty manager, who told us that there were no double beds left in the hotel that night. We understood this, so suggested that we would just check out and go to the Marriott hotel across the square. The duty manager told us that we were welcome to do that, but he would still charge us the full rate for the room at the Millennium. After nearly an hour of debating this, and being quoted imaginary terms and conditions, we got too tired and went back to our room to try and sleep. We were so suprised by the duty manager's rudeness and complete lack of regard for customer service - all we were asking for was the bed that we had booked, but it looks like in the end it was just too much to ask!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MortimerUk
Reviewed February 18, 2009

The room was adequate in size and located high enough not to be bothered by traffic noise. On occupying the room the curtains smelt very heavily of tobacco smoke. Although this room was no longer designated a smoking room it had clearly been occupied by smokers in the past and the curtains had not been removed or cleaned since becoming non-smoking. Room keeping had to be called to de-odourise the curtains. Noise travel was high with conversations of guests in other rooms being audible and sound transferance of room doors slamming high. Service in the hotel was excellent. The room was comfortable but had an older style tv and few channels to choose from (no freeview). Rooms were very clean and had reasonable desk space provided. Breakfast was plentiful but pricey.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2009

We got a great deal for an overnight stay at The Millennium Mayfair with Londontown.com and this is a perfect location for a London weekend. The rooms are quite small but absolutely fine and for us it was the fact that the rooms are so quiet. They overlook Grosvenor Square and you cannot hear any traffic. The bed was comfy and although the bath is a bit small the bathroom was ok. Concierge was very helpful and suggested a great place for breakfast as we wanted to eat out - Richaud's just round the corner out the rear entrance. It was delightful. Hotel bar prices were a bit eye watering but I suppose this is London... Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed January 16, 2009

I selected to stay at this hotel based upon the input I read on Trip Advisor and its Mayfair location, so I arrived with high expectations. I guess my three night experience was not close to being what other reviewers had at this hotel.

In my newly renovated room I found the deadbolt to the door would not work. This was fixed the next morning. There were no trouser hangers in the closet. There were two buttons to control the heat in the room...no thermostat.

The new bathroom was a big disappointment in that it was very small and the lighting was extremely poor at the vanity and there was no shelf in the shower (no bathtub) to place a bar of soap or bottle of shampoo. This is the first hotel where soap on a rope makes perfect sense.

The hotel staff offered to change my room, but after an international flight all I wanted was to sleep and I thanked them for the offer but declined.

Regardless of what room one would have stayed in, the daily internet fee of twenty pounds was obscene in my opinion. The rates for telephone calls were even more upsetting when I was charged over twenty pounds to reconfirm my flight when calling Virgin Atlantic airways!

At checkout I protested the unreasonable telephone charges and one young lady identifying herself as an assistant came across to me as being rude when I demanded to speak with senior management. I was finally seen by a front office manager who appeared to have been trained in how to deal with difficult guest relation issues.

The young manager explained the charges were based upon guidelines set by their parent company and the phone numbers assigned were not set by the hotel. I would agree this hotel did not establish the telephone number for Virgin Atlantic; but, to charge over twenty pounds for what I thought was a nine minute local call was simply outrageous. Not to mention three numbers I had been given by the hotel to call to reconfirm my flight failed to work and they appeared on my hotel bill, as well.

I hate to sound petty; but, while this hotel has a great location – but my encounter was not anywhere close to the five star rating I thought I would experience. If money is no object, you have nothing to fear staying at this hotel; but, the quality of the product and level of service was not indicative of any five star hotel I have ever stayed at before.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)